Domain Empire

Did .top just lose 430,000 registrations?!

NameSilo
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
According to Domainpunch.com, .TOP today dropped 437,000 names and are now below 3 million registrations.

Massive loss! Obviously mostly because of all these campaigns a year ago.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Also the number of sales can't change the fact that .top = top.

No, or that a forest is a forest or a bloodhound is a bloodhound.

If we follow your logic, the best domain is .BEST by far. But zero sales as far as I know.

Last edited:
•••
Here is the answer. Black on white:

http://www.dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm

Zero .pro names, zero .top names, but loads of .com names. Still you can make money from other extensions than .com, but any comparison (in reality, not in dream life) is just not valid.

upload_2017-6-28_12-42-16.png

A (marked) screenshot of the site from the link you have posted.
Again, we can see which special term is used here to 'illustrate' the 'top sales':
The term 'top', even as picture, even in gold (although red states the value of 'top' even more because red is like a rubin which has a higher value than gold)!

No wayyy,
.top = top.

Last edited:
•••
No, or that a forest is a forest or a bloodhound is a bloodhound.

If we follow your logic, the best domain is .BEST by far. But zero sales as far as I know.

If you follow my logic, .top = top.

•••
Yeah and .best = best.

And a pointless discussion is a pointless discussion.

Enjoy your day! :xf.smile::sneaky:

•••
Yeah and .best = best.

And a pointless discussion is a pointless discussion.

Enjoy your day! :xf.smile::sneaky:

Yes, .best = best. like .xyz = .xyz but not like .top because only .top = top.
For me it's not a pointless discussion, it's all calculated and one day we will see how much we have cashed up.

Enjoyyy

Last edited:
•••
the best domain is .BEST by far. But zero sales as far as I know.
Because regfee is high for domainers...
Just under 3K domains are regged... 99.99% are available for endusers for regfee. Why to buy???

•••
I've got Lacy.top which is actually classified as a Premium domain.

Time will tell. :xf.grin:

•••
The reason why a discussion about the importance of 'top' may can seem 'pointless', is, because 'top' is 'the highest point' - and it is not easy to see the highest... ...point.

That's why .top = top.

Last edited:
•••
Because regfee is high for domainers...
Just under 3K domains are regged... 99.99% are available for endusers for regfee. Why to buy???

I would probably never buy a .best domain. Just a comparison with the mantra ".top = top"

•••
I'm talking regarding endusers...
Almost all is available for regfee... so will be lack of aftermarket sales apriori.

Last edited:
•••
this doesn't mean anything
most of these domains should not have been registered in first place

•••
Serms like namestat hasnt updated the FallOf.Top
Looks like .loan may pass .top

•••
The reason why a discussion about the importance of 'top' may can seem 'pointless', is, because 'top' is 'the highest point' - and it is not easy to see the highest... ...point.

That's why .top = top.

What does that even mean? (It is absolutely easy to see the highest point. We can see the highest point on Pluto and it is 4.67 billion miles from Earth. Eventually we'll drop a robot on top of it and it won't be the highest point anymore. Our robot will be.)

What does it matter if .top can be expressed as highest point? What does that have to do with anything?

Now if it was .beer, I'd say you are onto something.

http://scratchtownbrewingcompany.com/ is now:

scratchtown.beer

Last edited:
•••
•••
What does that even mean? (It is absolutely easy to see the highest point. We can see the highest point on Pluto and it is 4.67 billion miles from Earth. Eventually we'll drop a robot on top of it and it won't be the highest point anymore. Our robot will be.)

What does it matter if .top can be expressed as highest point? What does that have to do with anything?

Now if it was .beer, I'd say you are onto something.

http://scratchtownbrewingcompany.com/ is now:

scratchtown.beer

It means that there is always a higher point, also if we can't imagine it.
There is also a higher point than Pluto('s robot).

But the highest point can only be on top, that's why .top = top.

The matter of that fact is, that .top can be expressed as the highest point while no other point can be expressed as that. The top have to do with everything below the top (like the last stone of a pyramid - it is the 'result' of all other stones).

The TLD .top is the 'result' of all other TLD's - everything 'must have an end somewhere', there are enough TLD's in the www now and .top is the 'final TLD'.

Last edited:
•••
I would love to see an example of .top sales by a namepro member.
I see .com sales in the hundreds of thousands but I cannot recall seeing a significant .top sale.

Lots of hearsay and speculation but no sales.

If I missed some please let me know because I am quite curious to see actual sales statistics by a namepro member.

PS: Please don't list a bunch of sales... I am asking if a namepro member has had a significant .top sale.

•••
I would love to see an example of .top sales by a namepro member.
I see .com sales in the hundreds of thousands but I cannot recall seeing a significant .top sale.

Lots of hearsay and speculation but no sales.

If I missed some please let me know because I am quite curious to see actual sales statistics by a namepro member.

PS: Please don't list a bunch of sales... I am asking if a namepro member has had a significant .top sale.

As soon as I have sold toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top I will post the sale, you can be sure it will be a extraordinary significant domain sale.

•••
Wow, I'm exhausted after reading that! :sleep:

•••
I am asking if a namepro member has had a significant .top sale.
This month I did $850 sale of Non-English .top
Significant or not???

•••
I've got Lacy.top which is actually classified as a Premium domain.
All 4L.top have non-standard fee per 1st year, they are starting from ~$5 and up to 4-figure...

•••
•••
This month I did $850 sale of Non-English .top
Significant or not???

It's not a bad sale... Do a few of those and it's pretty good money. (y)

•••
Actually - this thread is about tons of various dropping CHIPs...
Other .TOPs are dropping as well - but their share is very minor...

•••
It means that there is always a higher point, also if we can't imagine it.
There is also a higher point than Pluto('s robot).

But the highest point can only be on top, that's why .top = top.

The matter of that fact is, that .top can be expressed as the highest point while no other point can be expressed as that. The top have to do with everything below the top (like the last stone of a pyramid - it is the 'result' of all other stones).

The TLD .top is the 'result' of all other TLD's - everything 'must have an end somewhere', there are enough TLD's in the www now and .top is the 'final TLD'.

You are totally out of your mind. Your ideas are wishful thinking at best.

As soon as I have sold toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top I will post the sale, you can be sure it will be a extraordinary significant domain sale.

Do you know what an extraordinary significant domain sale is? If Paypal were to sell x.com, that would be an extraordinary significant domain sale.

Typing top, top, top... is too exhausting to do. That name will only produce an extraordinary significant case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I bet you didn't type it. You just copied and pasted it into place. Even the owner doesn't want to type that domain name over and over again. Sorry, but it is doomed to fail.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back