Dynadot

Did .top just lose 430,000 registrations?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
According to Domainpunch.com, .TOP today dropped 437,000 names and are now below 3 million registrations.

Massive loss! Obviously mostly because of all these campaigns a year ago.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Well @KINGOF.TOP would still be able to argue .com drops more per day :)

•••
One of the most crappy newG out there.
I've dropped ALL my .top domains, all were 1 word. And renewal price is very cheap < $ 6.
No traffic, no inquiries, nothing. I've lost money (and I suppose I'm not the only one) with this extension.
Stay away.

•••
public the list of dropped domains, please

•••
•••
It was doing some heavy promotion and trying to complete with .XYZ. The .TOP does seem to be a China market focused gTLD and these gTLDs have different renewal patterns to primarily US/CA/EU/AU dominated new gTLDs.

Regards...jmcc

•••
It was doing some heavy promotion and trying to complete with .XYZ. The .TOP does seem to be a China market focused gTLD and these gTLDs have different renewal patterns to primarily US/CA/EU/AU dominated new gTLDs.

Regards...jmcc

Yep, looks like more than 50% of the removed names today (yesterday) was names with Chinese characters.

•••
Yep, looks like more than 50% of the removed names today (yesterday) was names with Chinese characters.
The Chinese domain name market has different dynamics to the more mature Western ones. Retention/renewal tends to be higher in some Western gTLDs. Where there is heavy Chinese involvement and discounting in a gTLD, there will be higher levels of drops as many of the registrations may be more speculative than registrations for later development. Promotions, in any gTLD, have lower renewal rates and it is not unusual to see renewal rates of around 5% or lower for promotions. With very heavy discounting, the renewal rate drops below 5%.

Regards...jmcc

•••
A cheap throw away domain for many spammers maybe that will change eventually.

•••
upload_2017-6-16_16-56-49.png

Who will be the first to post the first "TOP" "FLOP"

LMFAO :ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL:

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-16_16-56-15.png
    upload_2017-6-16_16-56-15.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 42
•••
Virtually all the spam emails (and I get a lot..) that have come in over the last year have been on a .top email address. That's why I'm blocking that complete extension.

•••
Probably a large number of domains used for spam. I'm not surprised. .Top was doomed from spam.

•••
when ever you have an extension that is sold off dirt cheap - they become targets for the scammers and spammers.

i also can see the same thing for the .cam extension since it resembles .com

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
where is kingof.top?

You have to cut and paste that or I dislike you!! :xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL:

Whoever does not get that has to look in the break room:whistle:

•••
You must only copy / past the Top Flop!

upload_2017-6-17_0-9-8.png

•••
Virtually all the spam emails (and I get a lot..) that have come in over the last year have been on a .top email address. That's why I'm blocking that complete extension.

they are the top spam source.

.top Badness Index: 4.45 Domains seen: 88,260
Bad domains: 37,344 (42.3%)

Last edited:
•••
they are the top spam source.

.top Badness Index: 4.45 Domains seen: 88,260
Bad domains: 37,344 (42.3%)

Thanks for that stat. Wow, that's almost half the .top domains regged...

•••
.top will soon be renamed to .drop

•••
It was a very predictable drop of various Chinese combinations...
Why so big noise regarding that???

Non-Chinese part in this TLD is 500K domains maximum.

•••
Back