IT.COM

question Did LGBTE.com just sell for $12? Seriously? Or Renewed?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello again NP,
I've been following the domain LGBTE.com over at Godaddy expired auctions. @ the auction (found it by accident really) showed it had no bids and had 5 days left. I didn't bid because I did not want to start it up. wanted to wait till closer to thee end. Was surprised though that no one bid on it. Figured everyone was just "waiting" last minute to bid to get the best price. and yesterday? I checked? It was no longer available for bid?

Was it taken? Was it renewed by the original owner? I can't tell. Can someone figure it out with their skills?

why was I tracking LGBTE.com? well I saw the sale of LGBTQ.com for $37K plus check each letter in the alphabet? and add it to the end of LGBT? and they are all taken for many years.

I like LGBTE.com for E being anything like Entertainment,Exotic (and replace X with R and make a new word),

How come this domain had at least 2 to 4 days left and now it's no longer available? check screenshot.
lgbte.jpg

if you click that BUY NOW button on Domaintools it will take you to afternic and your shopping cart is empty. doesn't seem to have expired. but seems like the domain might have been renewed in 12/06/16 to have an expiration date of 12/06/2017 does that mean it was renewed? despite the fact that it was in the expireds auction of godaddy and last time I checked it had 5 days to go before the auction ended?

what's going on here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ive had LgbtCupid.com for several years with zero interest. Not even a unique at sedo.

•••
Ive had LgbtCupid.com for several years with zero interest. Not even a unique at sedo.

years? why not auction? the more sales of LGBT the better isn't it? imo.

sometimes you gotta shove it down their throats your "idea" which is the domain itself. you got that domain thinking it would be great as an LGBT dating site.

why not?

do you doubt it will sell for good money because it has had no uniques on Sedo?

have you made any effort to promo it? mention it here or any other sites? does it have backlinks?

•••
I have way too many, just havent concentrated on that one yet. Maybe ill rish $60 and send it to sedo auction.

•••
I have way too many, just havent concentrated on that one yet. Maybe ill rish $60 and send it to sedo auction.

Rish? well let me know. I was about to post mine up. I don't want to post mine if you post yours. that's a killer one you've got. all I have for dating is LGBTKiss.com. besides yours is aged.

if yours sell perhaps might give enthusiasm for my LGBT domains. so you first! lol Good luck!

in fact? PM me we can discuss. I have an idea. if interested. Thanks.

•••
I'm annoyed now. seems as though the E at the end of LGBTE was totally over our heads a bit. I just realized now that instead of Education, Entertainment, Erotic, exotic

the one thing it should make it worth alot is LGBT E for Europe.

which is why the new owner is from Italy.

now it makes sense. damn I shoulda gotten it.

ended up getting

LGBTEU.com
EuropeLGBT.com

•••
I'm annoyed now. seems as though the E at the end of LGBTE was totally over our heads a bit. I just realized now that instead of Education, Entertainment, Erotic, exotic

the one thing it should make it worth alot is LGBT E for Europe.

which is why the new owner is from Italy.

now it makes sense. damn I shoulda gotten it.

ended up getting

LGBTEU.com
EuropeLGBT.com
If you want the domain so bad, just make them an offer, case closed

•••
If you want the domain so bad, just make them an offer, case closed

lol it's not that serious. just annoyed thats all. plus Godaddy's system of saying there's 5 days left but then check 2 days later it's no longer there? i mean it's basically a free for all. makes no sense. if the auction said 5 days and couple hours left why would it be gone from GD auctions 2 days later?

does this happen alot with Godaddy?

and there was never a "Case" open to begin with. more power to the guy who got it. I'm just kicking myself in the ass for not throwing in $12. seems like that's all he or she did.

missed opportunity.

homer moment. lol

•••
lol it's not that serious. just annoyed thats all. plus Godaddy's system of saying there's 5 days left but then check 2 days later it's no longer there? i mean it's basically a free for all. makes no sense. if the auction said 5 days and couple hours left why would it be gone from GD auctions 2 days later?

does this happen alot with Godaddy?

and there was never a "Case" open to begin with. more power to the guy who got it. I'm just kicking myself in the ass for not throwing in $12. seems like that's all he or she did.

missed opportunity.

homer moment. lol
The marketplace does move very quickly, sometimes you can blink, and it's gone. It's ok, make it up on the next one, you will forget about it soon enough.

•••
Aug 2, 2002 - Penn State's Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equity celebrated its 10th anniversary in the Fall of 2001, with a ...

Apr 14, 2014 - "LGBTE: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, entrepreneur -- it's an important community." -OH at the Rose & Crowb. Retweet 1; Emily P.

Here are some headline uses of your "E" letter

•••
I have these LGBT related domains: where do you recommend me to market them:

Derechos.LGBT (Rights in Spanish)
Droits.LGBT (Rights in French)
Rechte.LGBT (Rights in German)

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
I have these LGBT related domains: where do you recommend me to market them:

Derechos.LGBT (Rights in Spanish)
Droids.LGBT (Rights in French)
Rechte.LGBT (Rights in German)

Thank you
Probably to groups in those Countries, if you knew where to register them, you should always think where you are going to sell them first.

•••
•••
•••
I was going to create a new thread for this but figured might as well ask here.

So looking back into this whole LGBT topic.

what are anyone's thoughts on whether...........

.LGBT diminishes the value of decent to excellent .com LGBT domains?

And also

does LGBTQ domains kill the value of just LGBT domains?

funny how one letter seems to changes everything.

One minute you have a great domain like LGBT+keyword.com and then now what's "trending" is LGBTQ?

I wanted to ask this 2-3 years ago but forgot. lol

and while we're at it?

Should .LGBT become or create another NTLD called .LGBTQ to be "all inclusive"?

I mean did "LGBTQ rename" ruin the potential value of .lgbt domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back