IT.COM

question Did LGBTE.com just sell for $12? Seriously? Or Renewed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello again NP,
I've been following the domain LGBTE.com over at Godaddy expired auctions. @ the auction (found it by accident really) showed it had no bids and had 5 days left. I didn't bid because I did not want to start it up. wanted to wait till closer to thee end. Was surprised though that no one bid on it. Figured everyone was just "waiting" last minute to bid to get the best price. and yesterday? I checked? It was no longer available for bid?

Was it taken? Was it renewed by the original owner? I can't tell. Can someone figure it out with their skills?

why was I tracking LGBTE.com? well I saw the sale of LGBTQ.com for $37K plus check each letter in the alphabet? and add it to the end of LGBT? and they are all taken for many years.

I like LGBTE.com for E being anything like Entertainment,Exotic (and replace X with R and make a new word),

How come this domain had at least 2 to 4 days left and now it's no longer available? check screenshot.
lgbte.jpg

if you click that BUY NOW button on Domaintools it will take you to afternic and your shopping cart is empty. doesn't seem to have expired. but seems like the domain might have been renewed in 12/06/16 to have an expiration date of 12/06/2017 does that mean it was renewed? despite the fact that it was in the expireds auction of godaddy and last time I checked it had 5 days to go before the auction ended?

what's going on here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry...what would you do with this name? Does it have some meaning..I haven't researched it so not sure..looks like a random lllll.com to me?

•••
Well ya just tipped everyone else off so if there was a chance that you could have still been able to get this domain, your odds just went way down.

You could try and delete your post and thread title

Last edited:
•••
LGBT, or GLBT, is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. In use since the 1990s, the term is an adaptation of the initialism LGB, which was used to replace the term gay in reference to the LGBT community beginning in the mid-to-late 1980s.

•••
Sometime you should post
Sometime you should not post
Take 7 seconds thinking before posting

•••
Now we have one more #Tag , #LGBTE :xf.wink:

•••
LGBTQ: "LGBTQ" is an abbreviation that originated in the 1990s and replaced what was formerly known as "the gay community." The abbreviation was created to be more inclusive of diverse groups. LGBTQ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (and/or questioning) individuals/identities.

This special use kind of explains the price tag. However was a private sale so not sure the price tag is accurate.

lgbtq.com 37,500 USD 2015-08-23 Pvt Sale
lgbtq.net 2,765 USD 2015-08-19 Sedo
lgbtq.com 605 USD 2015-07-17 NameJet

•••
Well ya just tipped everyone else off so if there was a chance that you could have still been able to get this domain, your odds just went way down.

You could try and delete your post and thread title

nah it's taken for sure. it's either been bought real quick for $12! lol or renewed.

and hey if my posts helps anyone? then all the best to them. I of all people is paranoid as it is before opening my mouth on here. this? not so much as I did check into it "briefly" for the low hanging fruit most were taken. after which. lost interest. lol if you all can find gems because of this post. more power to you! glad to help!

Last edited:
•••
Sorry...what would you do with this name? Does it have some meaning..I haven't researched it so not sure..looks like a random lllll.com to me?

lol I think you just dated yourself Giles! lol it's ok it was a fairly recent discovery for me too. usermex already explained it.

I was able to snag some worthy names short.

360LGBT.com
LGBTHD.com
HDLGBT.com
TopLGBT.com

Last edited:
•••
LGBT, or GLBT, is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. In use since the 1990s, the term is an adaptation of the initialism LGB, which was used to replace the term gay in reference to the LGBT community beginning in the mid-to-late 1980s.

no sales whatsoever for GLTB domains.

•••
How is it even possible? There might be some mistake.

•••
No that cannot happen. Just for that less kind of amount. I think there must be something more to it.

•••
can't tell if there is sarcasm ...

but the correct term is lgbt. i dont see LGBT(random letter) being valuable ....
perhaps if the E or I infront could be perceived as having a higher value

•••
Better domains slip through the cracks all the time.

•••
with the 'e' at the end i don't see the big deal with the name.

•••
i've won names at godddy auctions and a week later, godaddy says, "sorry, owner renewed" Godaddy does refund your money.

•••

but the correct term is lgbt. i dont see LGBT(random letter) being valuable ....

I'm going to be a parrot now. everyone on NP pretty much will say oh LGBTQ.com sold for $37K. LGBT.com has no historical sale but how much could that be?

whatever number THAT would be. take that number.

add 1 letter front and back of LGBT.com how much less could the price of LGBT.com be decreased by 1 single letter? is this a wrong way to calculate value? probably.

•••
with the 'e' at the end i don't see the big deal with the name.

I see the potential for LGBT for mature themed niches.

Entertainment
Exotic (remove the X replace with R)

you don't think it can work for LGBT those three words at thee end?

•••
lgbta could be next hot thing too

a=alien.

its possible.

•••

both are taken.

•••
lgbta could be next hot thing too

a=alien.

its possible.

lol A can have other uses.

Associations.
Art
Adult
Asexual
app?

•••
by the way I thought you guys were experts? I know there's a way to find out if a domain sold using some sites. Alcy? didn't you mention one before that you use to find the history of a domain? I forgot the name of the site.

•••
namebio, if the sale was over $100 it may come up

•••
by the way I thought you guys were experts? I know there's a way to find out if a domain sold using some sites. Alcy? didn't you mention one before that you use to find the history of a domain? I forgot the name of the site.

yes there is sir
I only mentioned it 434343 times on namepros. ;)

here it is
hosterstats.com

markbook it.
or bookmark it.. whichever gender ye prefer.
cheers

•••
If it did actually get sold $12 last minute in Auction or even at $11 Closeout, you are forgetting there's still the waiting period. So it won't show any change in whois or at any price site until the final transfer to new owner or it gets redeemed.

•••
Back