Domain Empire

advice Develop site exploiting common single word typo?

Spaceship
Watch

JayT

Restricted (85-100%)
Impact
Awhile back I reg'd auto/monous(king) which is the most common typo of 'autonomous'. The search volume wasn't very high, but when/if autonomous vehicles get more popular it will have more volume obviously.

My idea is to create a mini site with 5 pages and 5 blog posts exploiting the typo. By that I mean, including the typo in strings across the whole site. Typo + cars etc. Try to get ranked #1 for the typo and a few popular strings including it.

The site would have legitimate information and links, ads, everything would be real useful, obviously trying to give customer what they are looking for. Just exploiting the fact that they misspelled it by including the typo in text all across my site.

Does anyone know if this works? Does anything THINK this will work? Is it worth a try, to see how things develop over the next few years?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think it would work since Google would be 'showing results for autonomous' unless the user clicks on the 'show results for automonous instead' right under the first message.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back