Domain Empire

Depressed...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
So I've been into domain since April 2016 immediately I graduated from college. I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur so I chose not to look for a job but rather create jobs. So far it's been really tough for me as my Agrobusiness is still at its early stage.

Domaining on the other hand I find interesting and I know I can make money through it but so far it's been poor. My fiancee is yearning for us to get married as we've been together for 5 years (since 3rd year in college) and I really do want to settle down but I'm broke as hell. We have a deadline and if I can't raise funds we'd have to break up:xf.frown:
I could really use some help here. I need a big help here........

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I could go back in time to after-college period and had to select strictly between "many $$$ but lack of fiancee" and "good family, fiancee, but without or almost without big $$$ or any serious source of income at all" - I would have selected the second option. Money and business is not all, family and friends is more important. This is not to say that this selection problem is what thread starter has to decide on today - honestly, the forum post does not and can not disclose all the circumstances, so I do not know. In any case, there are two keys:
- experience in this business (or any other business, in fact). So, as @DomainVP wrote, working for somebody who is an industry leader may be the good 1st step
- do not use somebody elses money, such as bank credits if available in your name or in the name of your family members, in this situation. Not important how good and easy this may sound. Too early and no guarantess that you will be able to pay $$$ back on time...

Good Luck!
I'd pick family and fiancee to money.... but we can't factor out the importance of money in both cases.

•••
I just need to be making minimum of mid $xxx to $xxxx monthly and I'd be very happy

•••
I currently have developed 6 different foods products that needs financing to get to the market and I feel domaining can help me attain my goals

•••
@DomainVP I have a weakness: I don't like working for people. I'm very passionate when I'm working especially if it is something I love doing (food processing) but at the same time I like just taking time off. I can't do that if I'm working for an organisation in Nigeria you'd get sacked except if you tell a lie

There is no way successful entrepreneurs take time off while they are building their success.

Stop asking for help...bingo, entrepreneur.

I don't get

Successful entrepreneurs are usually selfmade millionairs.

Selfmade - do not look for help from others try to fix your problems by yourself, learn from your mistakes and never ever give up.

About the girlfriend thing, honestly if your lady wouldn`t marry you for money I think it is the best time for you to evaluate your relationship with her.

This is life, all with ups and downs. She should support you in every condition.

Remember marrying the right person is the best investment for men to have. You can start your successful entrepreneur career from there.

Last edited:
•••
ok, domaining, to start should be a side gig - unless you have a lot of capital to start or don't have any expenses.

domaining is long term investment, you need years of experience and a good portfolio to make a living from it.

•••
I currently have developed 6 different foods products that needs financing to get to the market and I feel domaining can help me attain my goals

how and why do you think domaining is going to help. I can understand if the names you've registered are related to your products but, don't fall for the instant riches trap to finance your dreams - that just doesn't happen

•••
Marriage and kids can wait. Or get married and have kids later once you figure out all the financial stuff. Having them now would just add to your problems.

•••
About the girlfriend thing, honestly if your lady wouldn`t marry you for money I think it is the best time for you to evaluate your relationship with her.
She ain't complaining in fact she's been very supportive but I feel she deserves more

•••
There is no way successful entrepreneurs take time off while they are building their success.
Taking time off means walking from home. For example it's past midnight here and I am making research online on how to improve in my business. But if I work for someone I can't get that flexibility of working from home or changing location to get desired mental result

•••
Is Nigeria an expensive country to live in? I mean that setting a source of income from US or EU, which may or may not be domaining, and having day-to-day life costs in a cheap country, looks to be an interesting combination (on a spot view at least)

•••
Is Nigeria an expensive country to live in? I mean that setting a source of income from US or EU, which may or may not be domaining, and having day-to-day life costs in a cheap country, looks to be an interesting combination (on a spot view at least)
Your income determines your standard of living. To be fairly comfortable you need to make $1000 monthly or more

•••
Your income determines your standard of living. To be fairly comfortable you need to make $1000 monthly or more
~$1K monthly - average salary in Eastern Europe (Poland, Czechia, Slovakia)...

•••
~$1K monthly - average salary in Eastern Europe (Poland, Czechia, Slovakia)...
Unfortunately the approved minimum wage here is $60. Then for college graduates average monthly salary is $200-500

•••
•••
Okay maybe it time to act like a entrepreneur...
have you asked for a appraisal on this forum?
https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/
What are you doing to "get the world" to see you domain?
Yes I have. Some names were valued between $5×× and low $xxxx. I've done lots of outbound with 'no reply' or 'not interested' response. The one I got how much for I blew the deal cause I requested way too much at least that's how the CFO reacted.

•••
She's not upset we just feel we should settle down. I don't wanna raise kids outside marriage
@DomainVP I have a weakness: I don't like working for people. I'm very passionate when I'm working especially if it is something I love doing (food processing) but at the same time I like just taking time off. I can't do that if I'm working for an organisation in Nigeria you'd get sacked except if you tell a lie

So lets summarize. Your gf is unhappy because you are broke and you arent successful yet at 27 and you want to have kids before you can afford them and like to take time off and not work very much and especially not for anyone else? You can’t get a job because you are afraid of lying about something like being sick and taking the day off?

This isn’t where I thought this would lead. These are not the words of an entrepreneur. I am sorry to be blunt. You dont need SharkTank money, you need motivation and ideas. Truthfully, You need to get a job and dump your GF before she gets pregnant on “accident”. Then you will be stuck with 3 mouths to feed. I mean this in a nice way and no disrespect.

•••
After 2 hours or less one of the companies director replied my mail asking for the price. So I went back to check spyfu and realised the company spend $2.1m monthly for Google ads. This knowledge made me ask for something above my preferred price zone of low to mid $xxxx. To hiked the price to mid $xx,xxx and it's been over 24 hours with no reply.
source https://www.namepros.com/threads/urgent-outbound-advice.1031282/
The one I got how much for I blew the deal cause I requested way too much at least that's how the CFO reacted.
"So I went back to check spyfu and realised the company spend $2.1m monthly for Google ads."

Well, looks like you got greedy.. pretty sure while you were researching what to ask from the company, they were researching the domain (and probably you).
Paying for google ads is most likely a "necessary evi"l for doing business online...a fixed budget etc..

Now is it possible for you to send another email to this person, and offer the domain at a more reasonable price?

Last edited:
•••
I just need to be making minimum of mid $xxx to $xxxx monthly and I'd be very happy

It's easy peasy mate. All you have to do is sell one domain per month to an end-user.

Buy better domains. Buy one awesome domain and spend all week trying to sell it and you'll be rich in no time.

•••
I'd pick family and fiancee to money.... but we can't factor out the importance of money in both cases.
Money important? hahahaha.
Perhaps try and concentrate more on your food products for a bit? A domain name to promote those and some focus that way for a while?
Are they good? You believe in them? Get a name going and promote them.
That will put energy into something different with great potential but still similar with many more opportunities to learn. You will have more knowledge and renewed energy when you try and focus on selling names again.
Everything you are saying here sounds like you are learning, like we all are but, you are also figuring it out, like some are. Give it time. It's all good.
It takes time to find the right people.

Last edited:
•••
Being a domainer, or entrepreneur in general, is not easy. It is something a lot of people want to do, but the reality is that it is not for everyone. There is a reason the vast majority of people work normal jobs.

There are many ways to make money online other than buying and selling domains. Maybe you should explore some other options.

It also sounds like you have other things going on with farming/food. Maybe it would be better to focus on those for now.

Brad

•••
Your gf is unhappy because you are broke and you arent successful yet at 27 and you want to have kids before you can afford them and like to take time off and not work very much and especially not for anyone else? You can’t get a job because you are afraid of lying about something like being sick and taking the day off?
Let me clarify:
1. She's not unhappy, I am
2. Yes I am broke
3.We don't plan having kids for 2 years after marriage. We are both virgins right now.
4. Taking time off meanin when I don't feel like going to work but still be productive from home. But it's rare in this part of the world for you to work from home. Employers want to be seeing you before they believe you doing their job which is not my idea of work

•••
#3. The great Marvin Gaye suggested a way to cure depression.

•••
source https://www.namepros.com/threads/urgent-outbound-advice.1031282/
"So I went back to check spyfu and realised the company spend $2.1m monthly for Google ads."

Well, looks like you got greedy.. pretty sure while you were researching what to ask from the company, they were researching the domain (and probably you).
Paying for google ads is most likely a "necessary evi"l for doing business online...a fixed budget etc..

Now is it possible for you to send another email to this person, and offer the domain at a more reasonable price?
You got it right. I tried contacting him but he didn't reply and when he did he said he's not interested at any price. I actually don't know how to send another mail that'd make him reply positively. Other insurance company did not reply.

•••
•••
Anyway may get depressed but instead look at the bright side. Gratitude. Corny as may sound it works.

Focus on what you have versus what you don’t.

As far as “help” - realistically, how could anyone here help you?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back