Domain Empire

Depressed...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
So I've been into domain since April 2016 immediately I graduated from college. I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur so I chose not to look for a job but rather create jobs. So far it's been really tough for me as my Agrobusiness is still at its early stage.

Domaining on the other hand I find interesting and I know I can make money through it but so far it's been poor. My fiancee is yearning for us to get married as we've been together for 5 years (since 3rd year in college) and I really do want to settle down but I'm broke as hell. We have a deadline and if I can't raise funds we'd have to break up:xf.frown:
I could really use some help here. I need a big help here........

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We have a deadline and if I can't raise funds we'd have to break up:xf.frown:
Huh? Deadline on earning money risking a relationship? Why is that?

•••
•••
Huh? Deadline on earning money risking a relationship? Why is that?
It's not culture. I can't keep her for so long as it seems selfish on my part.

•••
I was wondering the same thing!
Is this part or your culture?
Marriage and money work together that's why they both start with "M"

•••
Marriage and money work together that's why they both start with "M"
I can understand that.. having a good partner make life easier!

•••
•••
Sometimes your best ideas will come when you have hit rock bottom.

If she can't stick around for your struggles then help her pack a bag and wish her good luck. You are what 22 (maybe). I had 6 serious long term girlfriends until I met my wife in my 30's.

If you want to be an entrepreneur you have to be prepared to fail... again and again.

Then one day you will hit on your big idea, and everything will be well.

You are 1 year out of college. Some people don't reach success until they are in their 40's.

My best advice for you would be to put down the entrepreneur strategy and go work for someone who is a leader of industry, or a company that is a leader in an industry.

Learn as much as you can from them, and when you have some money saved up go out and launch a venture of your own.

If you aren't making money in domaining and it's hurting your progress, then you have to learn the skills that will help you do better or quit.

Last edited:
•••
I bought low but
buy low sell high
Can't seem to get the selling right. Maybe I've not gotten the skills to buy sweet names. I just need to get mid $xxx to low $xxxx then I can take off from there

•••
Sometimes your best ideas will come when you have hit rock bottom.

If she can't stick around for your struggles then help her pack a bag and wish her good luck. You are what 22 (maybe). I had 6 serious long term girlfriends until I met my wife in my 30's.

If you want to be an entrepreneur you have to be prepared to fail... again and again.

Then one day you will hit on your big idea, and everything will be well.

You are 1 year out of college. Some people don't reach success until they are in their 40's.

My best advice for you would be to put down the entrepreneur strategy and go work for someone who is a leader of industry, or a company that is a leader in an industry.

Learn as much as you can from them, and when you have some money saved up go out and launch a venture of your own.

If you aren't making money in domaining and it's hurting your progress, then you have to learn the skills that will help you do better or quit.
I don't quit easily. I'm 27 and out of college 3 years now.
My fiancee is a sweet girl and she's been very supportive and we both want the best. I don't want us to start our marriage struggling for funds. We deserve the best.

Did I mention we run the farm together

•••
Excellent advice @DomainVP , go get some training to work for someone else. I know had I not taken that path, I never would have been an entrepreneur. If she is with you only for security only, well... thats sorta par for the course. Sorry, thats the reality sometimes. You can domain part time and work, but if you have a needy partner that gets in the way of dedicating your time to your business (like minimum 12 hrs a day), it is decision time for you.

Look up Tom Leykiss on youtube. He is harsh, but reality stings. He has a few episodes “women are dream killers”. Don’t let that happen.

•••
Stop asking for help...bingo, entrepreneur.

•••
•••
•••
•••
@DomainVP I have a weakness: I don't like working for people. I'm very passionate when I'm working especially if it is something I love doing (food processing) but at the same time I like just taking time off. I can't do that if I'm working for an organisation in Nigeria you'd get sacked except if you tell a lie
Excellent advice @DomainVP , go get some training to work for someone else. I know had I not taken that path, I never would have been an entrepreneur. If she is with you only for security only, well... thats sorta par for the course. Sorry, thats the reality sometimes. You can domain part time and work, but if you have a needy partner that gets in the way of dedicating your time to your business (like minimum 12 hrs a day), it is decision time for you.

Look up Tom Leykiss on youtube. He is harsh, but reality stings. He has a few episodes “women are dream killers”. Don’t let that happen.

•••
I bought low but

Can't seem to get the selling right. Maybe I've not gotten the skills to buy sweet names. I just need to get mid $xxx to low $xxxx then I can take off from there
Try .PRO
No any problems to sell it in this range at all... I receive such inquiries weekly...

•••

Best advice

•••
If I could go back in time to after-college period and had to select strictly between "many $$$ but lack of fiancee" and "good family, fiancee, but without or almost without big $$$ or any serious source of income at all" - I would have selected the second option. Money and business is not all, family and friends is more important. This is not to say that this selection problem is what thread starter has to decide on today - honestly, the forum post does not and can not disclose all the circumstances, so I do not know. In any case, there are two keys:
- experience in this business (or any other business, in fact). So, as @DomainVP wrote, working for somebody who is an industry leader may be the good 1st step
- do not use somebody elses money, such as bank credits if available in your name or in the name of your family members, in this situation. Not important how good and easy this may sound. Too early and no guarantess that you will be able to pay $$$ back on time...

Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
Try .PRO
No any problems to sell it in this range at all... I receive such inquiries weekly.

thats great, from where to start droplist? if yes then mostly backorder or handreg?

thanks in advance :)

•••
thats great, from where to start droplist? if yes then mostly backorder or handreg?

thanks in advance :)
Both types.
Dynadot/Pheenix

•••
Is it the money that your spending on domain purchases and renewals that's actually upsetting your partner ??? Outlay with no return

•••
Try .PRO
No any problems to sell it in this range at all... I receive such inquiries weekly...
The shorter the better right? Maybe two words .PRO

•••
The shorter the better right? Maybe two words .PRO
Avoid 2word .PROs
Only if it is very very strong like SportsBetting.

•••
Is it the money that your spending on domain purchases and renewals that's actually upsetting your partner ??? Outlay with no return
She's not upset we just feel we should settle down. I don't wanna raise kids outside marriage

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back