IT.COM

Depressed...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
So I've been into domain since April 2016 immediately I graduated from college. I've always wanted to be an entrepreneur so I chose not to look for a job but rather create jobs. So far it's been really tough for me as my Agrobusiness is still at its early stage.

Domaining on the other hand I find interesting and I know I can make money through it but so far it's been poor. My fiancee is yearning for us to get married as we've been together for 5 years (since 3rd year in college) and I really do want to settle down but I'm broke as hell. We have a deadline and if I can't raise funds we'd have to break up:xf.frown:
I could really use some help here. I need a big help here........

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sex ain't a healer

I was joking with that but Marvin wouldn't lie and it does actually heal. Backed by science. You love each other. I understand tradition, ceremony etc get in the way. You don't know about something unless you try it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=does+sex+heal&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

As far as the domains and looking at your past posts/domains. I'm not sure what anybody can do for you/what you're wanting exactly. It is really up to you to put in the work and find out what works for you, what domains you can sell. Not everybody is supposed to be successful at this or anything for that matter. There is no shortage of information/tools out there already. There is no do this A B C = success. The old saying, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Last edited:
•••
I was wondering the same thing!
Is this part or your culture?
It's not a culture but truthfully it's becoming reality everywhere in the world.

I Have seen lot's of people got killed, broke there relationship etc for the money.

•••
Just be patient, make domaining as hobby/part time job. Learn learn learn before you invest, don't invest more then your capacity.

That's all my two cent based on my own experience.

•••
I don't think domaining is a good solution for you. You're looking for a stable source of income, I'd recommend you to do some research on what your country (or even planet, if you want to later successfully extend) needs and then open a business and start work, you can also apply for local, or VC funding, but make sure you have a well done business plan and is something that people needs..
P.S: I would definetly NOT recommend you to marry before you have a stable and "more than you need" type of source of income.

Last edited:
•••
I really appreciate you all

•••
I just need to be making minimum of mid $xxx to $xxxx monthly and I'd be very happy
Economies of scale, $xxxx monthly in Nigeria is a kings ransom.

As is $xxx, domaining is highly speculative, to be honest, I would not expect it to bail you out.

Showcase your product, and access micro loans available to you.

There is no easy answer, or feat to make $xxxx per month, out of thin air. You are swinging for the fences, which is great, but the fact you need money to sustain your fiancée I feel as if you don't stand a chance, as you don't know the true meaning of a marriage.

•••
I also think that domaining is not the solution.
Too many people come to this industry thinking it is an easy solution to make money online easily, in your own time and with limited effort... but this is an illusion and that's why the majority are losing money.
Keep in mind that I am talking about domainers who live in the West, and most of them have a clear advantage over you. They may be 'broke' too, but in relative terms their standard of living and disposable income are still higher than yours in Nigeria. So they can afford to invest more, but they still don't succeed.

Even if you manage to be profitable, it is not a reliable, steady source of income. You cannot depend on it.
There are plenty of ways to make money online, but domaining is among the more difficult ways.
So I'm sorry to say, making a living on domaining is a dream. The sooner you wake up, the better. It is possible though, but very few people are succeeding. It is important to keep expectations realistic. If you really want to be like Mike Mann, then you'll have to work hard, be dedicated like hell, and you won't even have time for your girlfriend, for your farm or for yourself. Say goodbye to your social life for the next few years. That's it.

Getting married now could very well compound your financial issues, unless you can save on expenses ie pay one rent instead of two.

My advice: don't fixate on domaining. Explore other ideas.
Please, people. Stop thinking domains are the solution.

Right now, you have something, you have a farm, you have a source of income and food, that may not be sufficient but it is tangible. I would focus on growing what you have right now. Perhaps your business can grow online in some way. I don't know if it's realistic but use your imagination.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back