Dynadot

Delay in payment at Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bertpros

Established Member
Impact
I want to appreciate every namepros member who has in one way or the other made this place a useful resource in domain name venture. Namepros has never for once failed me in search of answer to any domain name related issue.

The issue I have now is about the domain name I sold at Afternic on Feb 21, 2018 via Afternic Fast Transfer DLS Network. The domain name was sold for $850. Do you know that up till now I have not receive my money from Afternic? The info I received from them when my domain name sold was that I will receive an email update within 8-10 days regarding my payment. Before now I have sent them several messages and two weeks ago I was told by the Afternic support agent that I will receive my payment on Monday or Tuesday been 5th or 6th March.

This is my first time of selling domain name at Afternic and besides I have never waited for this long to get paid in other marketplace. I want to know if this is how things works at Afternic, so I can relax even though I need the money? Please, I want to hear your opinions. @Silentptnr, @TERADOMAIN, @Arpit131, @Federer, @AbdulBasit.com, @ramkumaritrvs, @DnFolk, your attention is needed ‘cos you guys are frequent sellers at Afternic. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys, please I need your opinions here.

•••
•••
I agree. Call them.

Since this your first sale there, it might be something with your banking info.

You should call them though. Seems too long to wait.

•••
Their support isn't too quick but they do respond. I would suggest you to contact your rep and ask why the payment haven't received as it was suppose to come by 5-6th March. Also check your payment details entered correctly or not.

•••
Their email support is really bad. Check your payment info and call them if they don't respond

•••
Thanks a lot for your reply. My payment info is correct. Although I use paypal. They sent me email last night saying that they have escalated this issue and will notify me when the issue has been resolved. They refuse telling me what the issue is. It was even a domain name I bought last year at Godaddy auction that they sold. I don't even know why the buyer didn't bought it at Godaddy.

•••
I had the same thing recently, they had some kind of bug in Afternic even with my correct paypal details.
They took a few days longer to send payment but did so in the end with the help of my godaddy rep.

•••
The update I got from them was that they just completed the transfer of the said sold domain name. Seriously, I don't know what is happening at their end because the said domain name was removed from my Godaddy account the day it was sold. And it has been showing completed on my afternic account since the day it was sold. They said that I will receive my payment in 2-3 days time. This is the situation now.

•••
They have sent my payment today. I really appreciate your contributions. Thanks a lot.

•••
They have sent my payment today. I really appreciate your contributions. Thanks a lot.

Glad you received! A bit late but seems all ended well for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back