IT.COM

"Define Legit Traffic"

NameSilo
Watch
This is carried over from another thread...

Have at it boys and girls.

Cy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
goodkarmaco said:
Its very exciting to get this information as it will only improve parking for domainers.
And for the Services too I hope. I dont imagine they want names sitting on their servers not producing.
So I'm looking at this as win/win.
They help us by being clear, we wont end up wasting their BW/Staff resources. :)

Cy

•••
my question is

1) i have many parked domains
2) i want to sell them as well and use the selling pages of the patking company, but i want to diversify my selling schemes.
3) can i create other custom pages to list all my parked domains and list them as for sale?

is this allowed? of course the one thing your domain could be purchased is if you tell others that it is for sale.

anyway as i see it, park until it sells should be an acceptable thing.

stacman

•••
What is legit traffic?.

Listing your own pages for sellng your names is perfectly acceptable as on that page will be many of your names and you are not just featuring one. I find listing them at auction houses is more effective than my own pages, but it can be done.

•••
stacman said:
can i create other custom pages to list all my parked domains and list them as for sale?

Seems like this would be pretty legit to me. However to stay on the safe side I would reccomend listing the names as text rather than as hotlinks. People who are concidering buying the name don't need to visit the parking page. Its irrelevant, as it isn't for sale with the name. By listing them as hotlinks where people can click them to visit the parking pages you could accidently be providing incentive for traffic to come to your parked pages.

If you are using one parking provider's offer submission form, Find a way to link to the make an offer page instead of to the parked page.

•••
stacman said:
my question is

1) i have many parked domains
2) i want to sell them as well and use the selling pages of the patking company, but i want to diversify my selling schemes.
3) can i create other custom pages to list all my parked domains and list them as for sale?

is this allowed? of course the one thing your domain could be purchased is if you tell others that it is for sale.

anyway as i see it, park until it sells should be an acceptable thing.

stacman
Stacman, you can use a proggy to display and manage your names for sale.
This is a good one:
http://www.domainportfolio.us/
Open Source and dev'd by NP member SecondVersion

Cy

•••
DnPresident said:
Hi Hitchhiker,

Well, maybe so but when you have parking companies that demand proof that your portfolio earn a minimum of $10,000 per month with a combined 5,000 customers per day before they'll even allow you to submit an application ha it should make you stop and think. A mi..ni..mum of 10kper month. That tells me there's quite a few in the xxx,xxx range and probably some in the millions per month.

Something I think needs to change is to refer to your customers as traffic/visitors that's just makes them sound to much like a number, Might just be me though.

I'm just teasing you :) . . . my guess is that people making over 5K a day usually have a direct feed from yahoo or google. . . no need for a middle man. . . even at 10% cut, thats $500 a day or ~$180,000 a year paid to a parking company. . . might as well pay an engineer to optimize the domain more effectively. . . (btw, who ever is listening, I'll take that job)

•••
hitchhiker said:
(btw, who ever is listening, I'll take that job)

Yeah, but you'll have to fight me for it, and I'm sure theres a line of others who feel the same. :)

•••
Neither Yahoo or Google are interested if you have even $5k a day. And when you do get one if you are doing less than $30k a day, you are required to use their system not your own. Which in most cases means you lose about 30% off the top. It's never as easy as you think.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Neither Yahoo or Google are interested if you have even $5k a day. And when you do get one if you are doing less than $30k a day, you are required to use their system not your own. Which in most cases means you lose about 30% off the top. It's never as easy as you think.

Donny
Nothing ever is... :'(

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Most of us know our traffic sources for most of our names, so if we were given a clear picture of what is acceptable from each Service, we wouldn't have to spend as much time pin balling different names from one to the other looking for the best revenue.

One name will do better one place than another, another name, the opposite may be true. This Service converts this traffic best, that Service converts that traffic best.

This Service allows arbitrage, another doesn't.

They/we are not enemies, we are on the same side. We all want the same thing, higher converting, quality traffic.

Peace,
Cy

It benifits the parking companies not to clarify, to leave a grey area.

Parking companies make untold dollars, coming up with excuses not to pay the domain holder. I'm not talking a few hundred dollars.

I have a friend that recently had a parking account manager O.K his trafffic source and then around the 3rd check hold his check, (didn't pay him) It was approx $7,700 but that's still a lot of money. Luckily he has print offs of what they owed him (screen shots) and will write it off as a business loss. I'm not sure how that works.

Big money in holding these checks, Right now they run the show. Not a lot a domainer can really do about it, but grin and bare it.

That's one reason the TOS are hit & miss. Donny has been the most out pouring on acceptance of traffic sources in my opinion.

This is hitting on an area a lot of people don't want known, and maybe for good reason. would be nice if there was a special domain forum/thread here at NP we could talk that wouldn't leak out to the public and only us serious domainers could even be invited.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
It benifits the parking companies not to clarify, to leave a grey area.

Parking companies make untold dollars, coming up with excuses not to pay the domain holder. I'm not talking a few hundred dollars.

I have a friend that recently had a parking account manager O.K his trafffic source and then around the 3rd check hold his check, (didn't pay him) It was only approx $7,700 but that's still a lot of money. Luckily he has print offs of what they owed him (screen shots) and will write it off as a business loss. I'm not sure how that works.

Big money in holding these checks, Right now they run the show. Not a lot a domainer can really do about it, but grin and bare it.

That's one reason the TOS are hit & miss. Donny has been the most out pooring on acceptance of traffic sources in my opinion.

This is hitting on an area a lot of people don't want known, and maybe for good reason. would be nice if there was a special domain forum/thread here at NP we could talk that wouldn't leak out to the public and only us serious domainers could even be invited.

I think perhaps even making an organization might benefit the domainers, I have already found an excellent LLLL.com , for a organization for domain parkers, I just have to know that there will be enough domainers, To support the org, If i can establish that, I will build us a site, and we will start a org, So if you are interested, If we get enough people, i will start it, . so we do not disturb this thread with it, PM me , Just a simple "Iam for it" will do via PM.

•••
Goodness, there is so much information here and I still have not read it all.

However, the reason I felt the need to post was because a couple of weeks ago I saw this site that was using 100% illegitimate methods of making money. I read their post because they said that they make about $50+ a day on it. Who wouldn't be interested? I checked out the site. Well, this guy put the parked domain name in an inline on another site that pointed to the URL he was selling. To be completely honest, the parked domain in the inline might not have even been the domain name he was advertising to sell. I do not know for sure but either way, the parked was in an inline which I know is complete fraud. To make matters worse, the frames above and below the inline including the parked page had banner placements for advertisements he was selling.

My question is, how could the guy get away with it for so long that he was showing at least a month's revenue stats of $50+ a day?

•••
niftiemedia said:
Goodness, there is so much information here and I still have not read it all.

I checked out the site. Well, this guy put the parked domain name in an inline on another site that pointed to the URL he was selling. To be completely honest, the parked domain in the inline might not have even been the domain name he was advertising to sell. the parked was in an inline which I know is complete fraud.
My question is, how could the guy get away with it for so long that he was showing at least a month's revenue stats of $50+ a day?

Hi niftiemedia,

Since the parking companies differ it's really hard to say but here's my guess on the out going link from the owners web page for a specific domain name to it's parked page. On the banners and other methods I'm not even going to attempt to guess at what's going on there.

Forgive my memory here because I'm not sure if I read it in a TOS or if I was told by an account manager that the only time you can put an out going link from your web site to a parked name is if the name is for sale.

It doesn't seem like it makes much sense but it could have something to do with where some/most of the parking companies give you the option to advertise a for sale link on the parked page.

So if the person interested in purching the domain, clicks the link from your web site they then have easy access to the link on the parked page that will direct them to the sales information they may have been looking for.

Last edited:
•••
At this time, I have been notified by 10 domainers, who are ready to get this organization going, We need MORE! Alot more, We can work better in a large numbers, This organization is for the domainer, PM me if you are interested.

•••
troopscott said:
I would like to see a parking company that would allow you to put an exit pop up on your parked pages to a DEVELOPED site that you own I have a PPC search engine I own that I would like to get more traffic to and would love to send some pop ups to it

Right now, I am not even worried about ad ons and ect, I am wanting to establish a solid foundation with the parking companies, So we understand what each others needs are, I feel if we can accomplish that, Then we will be on the right path to making each other money.

•••
Question,

can you think of any better way to make money than parking?

You can go to a dinner and a movie, sleep all night, and take a vacation, and when you come back, you will have money accumulating in your account.

It takes a while to get the magic names one after another that make the highly sought after ca- ching sound.

I wonder how much I made while I was typing this? What a great business domaining is.

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
Question,

can you think of any better way to make money than parking?

You can go to a dinner and a movie, sleep all night, and take a vacation, and when you come back, you will have money accumulating in your account.

It takes a while to get the magic names one after another that make the highly sought after ca- ching sound.

I wonder how much I made while I was typing this? What a great business domaining is.

If you are cashing in by the minute, Then rock on! But i know of many seasoned domainers that aren't, They are making milk money per day at best.

•••
I am in the research phase right now, Of finding out who each parking companies feed syndication Origin comes from, Below is a list of what i have found.

TrafficZ.com =Yahoo

Parked.com = Yahoo

NameDrive.com = Google

GoldKey.com = Yahoo

Fabulous.com = Google

DomainSpa.com = Yahoo

ParkingDots.com = Yahoo

ParkingSite.com = Yahoo

TrafficParking.com = Yahoo

Klickerz.com = Google

Sedo.com = Google

Bodis.com = Ask.com - syndication Google

These are the ones i have so far, A lot do not want to disclose their feed syndication Origin. Why? I have no idea.

Last edited:
•••
.X. said:
I am in the research phase right now, Of finding out who each parking companies feed syndication Origin comes from, Below is a list of what i have found.

TrafficZ.com =Yahoo

Parked.com = Yahoo

NameDrive.com = Google

GoldKey.com = Yahoo

Fabulous.com = Google

DomainSpa.com = Yahoo

ParkingDots.com = Yahoo

ParkingSite.com = Yahoo

TrafficParking.com = Yahoo

Klickerz.com = Google

These are the ones i have so far, A lot do not want to disclose their feed syndication Origin. Why? I have no idea.

I have some names with Marchex Site box, Do you know who they have as a feed provider?

DnPresident said:
I have some names with Marchex Site box, Do you know who they have as a feed provider?

Answered my own question, looks like they dumped Yahoo for Google http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...te+box+feed+provider&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Last edited:
•••
•••
.X. said:
Thanks for the input ..DnPresident. :)

Good morning .X.

If you read the bottom it appears ActiveAudience did the opposite, switching from Google To Yahoo.

•••
DnPresident said:
Good morning .X.

If you read the bottom it appears ActiveAudience did the opposite, switching from Google To Yahoo.

Yeah, NameMedia owns both GoldKey.com and ActiveAudience.com , They had tried Google syndication and went back to their original syndication provider, Yahoo, At least that is my understanding any way.

•••
•••
Hi all

I'm a newbie here. I want to ask you, can we use classified ads to promote our parked domains? Thanks for your answers.

best regards

Bambang

•••
mwzd said:
Bodis - Google via Ask

Thank You ... mwzd... Bodis.com added to the list

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back