Dynadot

"Define Legit Traffic"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is carried over from another thread...

Have at it boys and girls.

Cy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Badger said:
Ironically, someone told me that domainers who are also adwords customers generally opt out of showing their ads across googles partner network. Maybe that tells us something about the reality of what we truthfully know...

For the most part, I would set firmly in this camp. Its not that I personally have knowledge that bad traffic is coming from parking. I just know how many scammers there are on the internet. The odds are astronomically for it.

The only thing that would change my mind on this view is bieng able to select specific parked sites that will show my ads. For example if I had a jewelry store I could put in a keyword like jewelry and find matching parked sites that suggest that keyword. Then I could select from those sites which ones I will allow to run my ads. I suspect as the system evolves twards this domainers will also gain more power. From the domainers angle, if I owned goldrings dot com I would be able to specify that advertisers can't run ads on my site unless they're willing to pay me a minimum epc, and their ads have to actually say gold rings in the header.

I see this as the likely evolution of domain parking. A parking company will end up doing alot more work to earn their keep. They'll have to match up advertisers and domainers on equal ground. Those whos domains convert to sales will get paid much better, and those whos domains don't won't get paid at all.

My domain investing strategy hinges on this concept. I don't see any point in buying or registering domains that don't already have built in value. (pure typeins) My budget is much better spent on names that are far more expensive but have an intrinsic value to them. As parking evolves only those with truly premium names will be able to continue making money with it. Those who don't will find other venues to monetize their domains outside of parking.

•••
Badger said:
Well, adzaz is just a regular old MFA whypark site with fully syndicated content. Your content is duplicated all over the net. see copyscape.com. This sort of site will not exist within the SE's or with adsense/YPN ads on them in 12-18 months time because it contributes no additional value to what is out there already.

If you were an advertiser, would you be happy with receiving $2 referrals from adzaz.com?

Ironically, someone told me that domainers who are also adwords customers generally opt out of showing their ads across googles partner network. Maybe that tells us something about the reality of what we truthfully know...

Perhaps so, Adzaz.com was put on whypark to make revenue, It does, Makes a decent revenue actually, My reason for registering Adzaz.com , Is to make an ad publishing company out of the name, I am very close to making that happen, I do not use adwords, It is not feasible for me, and my budget, Like i have stated in prior post in this topic, I use the methods that i researched for almost a year, To drive traffic to my names and websites, Although "arbitrage" is being used to bring in some 30% of my traffic, The rest comes from search engines and pure typins, Pure typins being 11% of the total traffic received, A very small number of percentage eh? But the other 38% is coming from Google and yahoo search engine indexing. So the over all means of using "arbitrage" is to account for as much as much of traffic my names fail to get from search engines, Web directories, So i am still missing 21% to make my traffic 100%.
But i am happy with 79% ratio of traffic my names and sites receives, although getting to the 100% platform would be nice. My means of using arbitrage, Most likely brings better quality traffic, than google and yahoos search engines bring...Completely ethical, Legal, High quality traffic, With absolutely no incentive or otherwise for ANY one to click to go to my sites and parking landers. They will only go to my names, If they are interested in what i have to offer.

blaknite said:
For the most part, I would set firmly in this camp. Its not that I personally have knowledge that bad traffic is coming from parking. I just know how many scammers there are on the internet. The odds are astronomically for it.

The only thing that would change my mind on this view is bieng able to select specific parked sites that will show my ads. For example if I had a jewelry store I could put in a keyword like jewelry and find matching parked sites that suggest that keyword. Then I could select from those sites which ones I will allow to run my ads. I suspect as the system evolves twards this domainers will also gain more power. From the domainers angle, if I owned goldrings dot com I would be able to specify that advertisers can't run ads on my site unless they're willing to pay me a minimum epc, and their ads have to actually say gold rings in the header.

I see this as the likely evolution of domain parking. A parking company will end up doing alot more work to earn their keep. They'll have to match up advertisers and domainers on equal ground. Those whos domains convert to sales will get paid much better, and those whos domains don't won't get paid at all.

My domain investing strategy hinges on this concept. I don't see any point in buying or registering domains that don't already have built in value. (pure typeins) My budget is much better spent on names that are far more expensive but have an intrinsic value to them. As parking evolves only those with truly premium names will be able to continue making money with it. Those who don't will find other venues to monetize their domains outside of parking.

The reality of the situation is, Scammers are going no where, So we have to work around them, We don't have a choice.

Each domainer has thier own agendas and preferences in what they invest in, I can respect the fact that you invest in domain names that have already been nurtured and raised, By some one else, I don't have a specific preference on my domains, If i run into a traffic name, That is reasonably priced, I may buy it, I can take a domain name, Raise and nurture it to make just as much as money as the names you are paying for that already traffic, After all, Some one had to raise and nurture them to retain that status , a "traffic name" , I don't mind doing that all, I actually enjoy watching my domains grow and prosper, By the hard work i put into making them do so.

Last edited:
•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Again, I must ask we keep on topic, "Define Legit Traffic".
Cy

It's very simple, Gooood names with relevant landers and ad relevance. The name muuust describe in easy understandable language what the lander will be displaying.

If a domain holder is so damn lame he tries to fool the customer by false advertisement, I have no love for him/her GOOD RIDDANCE!

To define Legit Traffic is to say a green apple is a green apple not Free Red apples once they click. It's targeted customers that convert/purchase and I'm 100% certain mine do just that.

When you purchase a name, if you can not visualize the END Product, there's a problem. I like names that the customer can easily visualize the end product. If I say DigitalCameras, I have beef if the lander displays FREE Ipods, I want my customers to have Digital Cameras. If I say WorldTeaSales, I'm not wanting free soda pop on my lander.

I hope other domainers agree. This is my life, not a game or a trick, It's serious business.

I respect my visitors and want them to click through because of their interest in the ad relevance. I hope other domainers hold the same feelings.

Last edited:
•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Again, I must ask we keep on topic, "Define Legit Traffic".

The middle ground is wide, and as of yet, still generally undefined.

No one loves a good debate more than I do, just ask most of the posters
in this thread, but I really want to keep this focused and on track.

I (and others) are learning a lot here, this has turned into a very educational thread.

Lets keep it flowing in a positive direction.

Cy

I agree....Lets stay focused on topic.

I am guilty of posting off topic, More trying to explain a position, as compared to another position.

We as domainers have to work together, We will benifit from this discussion if we do so.

DnPresident said:
It's very simple, Gooood names with relevant landers and ad relevance. The name muuust describe in easy understandable language what the lander will be displaying.

If a domain holder is so damn lame he tries to fool the customer by false advertisement, I have no love for him/her GOOD RIDDANCE!

To define Legit Traffic is to say a green apple is a green apple not Free Red apples once they click. It's expensive targeted customers that convert/purchase and I'm 100% certain mine do just that.

When you purchase a name, if you can not visualize the END Product, there's a problem. I like names that the customer can easily visualize the end product. If I say DigitalCameras, I have beef if the lander displays FREE Ipods, I want my customers to have Digital Cameras. If I say WorldTeaSales, I'm not wanting free soda pop on my lander.

I hope other domainers agree. This is my life, not a game or a trick, It's seriouis business.

I respect my visitors and want them to click through because of their interest in the ad relevance. I hope other domainers hold the same feelings.

Excellent Point ....DnPresident

Last edited:
•••
I do have a question, I suppose it would be answered best from someone experienced in seeing parking revenue numbers.

What's a good portfolio pull in for revenue in a day?

$1000 an hour? Come on, hit us with them digits. :$:

I just want $5,000 a day for now.

So what parking company has the highest paying portfolio?

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:

To define Legit Traffic is to say a green apple is a green apple not Free Red apples once they click. It's expensive targeted customers that convert/purchase and I'm 100% certain mine do just that.

I hope other domainers agree. This is my life, not a game or a trick, It's serious business.

I think some parking companies have already started doing that, you can park your domain on them and choose what link to display.say DigitalCameras and choose what digital camera links you want

•••
Mr. President, you kinda have unreasonable expectations :)

DnPresident said:
I do have a question, I suppose it would be answered best from someone experienced in seeing parking revenue numbers.

What's a good portfolio pull in for revenue in a day?

$1000 an hour? Come on, hit us with them digits. :$:

I just want $5,000 a day for now.

So what parking company has the highest paying portfolio?

•••
•••
Thanks John for bringing this thread to my attention its been an interesting read :)

I have hundreds of parked names so any legit tips on increasing traffic and rev is very welcome.

Great idea of some sort of meeting with Q & A if this can be arranged

Will watch this thread :tu:

•••
mellowmasher said:
Thanks John for bringing this thread to my attention its been an interesting read :)

I have hundreds of parked names so any legit tips on increasing traffic and rev is very welcome.

Great idea of some sort of meeting with Q & A if this can be arranged

Will watch this thread :tu:

Thank You for joining in ..Michelle , We are trying to arrange the Q & A , 21 domain parking companies are on the list, Cyberian is at the controls , And is working very hard to have a "Parking & Domain Monetization Online Conference. I am working with him and beside him as needed, I have contacted six, parking companies in the last two days, Hopefully we will be able to make the conference happen, As i have asked before, All domainers that have a vested interest in domain parking, Please come forward and join us in this discussion, It is like voting for president, If you do not vote, You have no right to complain, The same applies here, If you do not come forward, and exercise your right to opinion, What ever happens to domain parking in the future, You can't gripe about, So come forward and join us, We can solve problems and disputes together as domainers :)

•••
Website or park it?

I can't speak for the domain owner who lost his parking privileges for displaying a small sign on his vehicle stating his parked domain. It did happen and in the last year. The person is a very liked member of Afternic and maybe he will come forward and explain more as I am not going to say his name.

I find it hard to believe some members think their parked name is like some kind of developed web site, completely owned by the domain owner.. Its a partnership with your parking partner and is not solely controlled by the domain owner. The domain owner needs to follow the parking providers rules for parking. They have those rules so they can get qualified advertisers.

What would happen to the parking concept if everyone started sidestepping their tos? All the legitmacy of qualified natural traffic names or seo traffic would be replaced by gimmic ways to get people to see our parked pages and the advertisers would bow out.

If we want to see the parking providers pay us better we need to police ourselves better.

I see it like this, if the search engines bring traffic naturally that is good and if a name is directly typed in that is good. If we are trying to buy traffic or pushing it by purchasing directory traffic we will end up never getting clicks that are not paid for. Parking is all about free income. Parking names is not website developement. We cannot build value in a parked name by throwing money at it.

For those who want to "push" traffic to a domain, why not develope it into a web site instead of parking it? Then all the adwords you want can be purchased and signs can be splashed on the auto. Thats the difference between parking and owning a domain name that is made into a website. The website has the owner to "make" something out of it. Parking has the search terms and type in's for its traffic source.

Advertisers are very informed these days and they have the choice. Pay for internet traffic for their products or services or to go the traditional route and that is magazines, radio, billboards, etc.

The parking companies are trying very hard to win over the advertisers from the traditional ways to advertise and to get them to see the benefit of advertising on our keyword domains. They have been doing a really great job as reported at the Traffic conventions, on Dnj and recently in all the major newspapers.

Lets help them continue to win them over.

•••
hitchhiker said:
Mr. President, you kinda have unreasonable expectations :)

Hi Hitchhiker,

Well, maybe so but when you have parking companies that demand proof that your portfolio earn a minimum of $10,000 per month with a combined 5,000 customers per day before they'll even allow you to submit an application ha it should make you stop and think. A mi..ni..mum of 10kper month. That tells me there's quite a few in the xxx,xxx range and probably some in the millions per month.

Something I think needs to change is to refer to your customers as traffic/visitors that's just makes them sound to much like a number, Might just be me though.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
I can't speak for the domain owner who lost his parking privileges for displaying a small sign on his vehicle stating his parked domain. It did happen and in the last year. The person is a very liked member of Afternic and maybe he will come forward and explain more as I am not going to say his name.

I find it hard to believe some members think their parked name is like some kind of developed web site, completely owned by the domain owner.. Its a partnership with your parking partner and is not solely controlled by the domain owner. The domain owner needs to follow the parking providers rules for parking. They have those rules so they can get qualified advertisers.

What would happen to the parking concept if everyone started sidestepping their tos? All the legitmacy of qualified natural traffic names or seo traffic would be replaced by gimmic ways to get people to see our parked pages and the advertisers would bow out.

If we want to see the parking providers pay us better we need to police ourselves better.

I see it like this, if the search engines bring traffic naturally that is good and if a name is directly typed in that is good. If we are trying to buy traffic or pushing it by purchasing directory traffic we will end up never getting clicks that are not paid for. Parking is all about free income. Parking names is not website developement. We cannot build value in a parked name by throwing money at it.

For those who want to "push" traffic to a domain, why not develope it into a web site instead of parking it? Then all the adwords you want can be purchased and signs can be splashed on the auto. Thats the difference between parking and owning a domain name that is made into a website. The website has the owner to "make" something out of it. Parking has the search terms and type in's for its traffic source.

Advertisers are very informed these days and they have the choice. Pay for internet traffic for their products or services or to go the traditional route and that is magazines, radio, billboards, etc.

The parking companies are trying very hard to win over the advertisers from the traditional ways to advertise and to get them to see the benefit of advertising on our keyword domains. They have been doing a really great job as reported at the Traffic conventions, on Dnj and recently in all the major newspapers.

Lets help them continue to win them over.

I don't think any one is confusing a developed website with domain parking, i have over 40 websites developed, i market them the same way, i do my parking pages, The fact is, We are the customer, It's a two way street, We make them money, and they make us money, They are making money right up front, some of the parking companies are, So rather your names ever see one click, it is not a huge concern to them, If at all, "Traditional Ways" Simply have nothing to offer to the domainer, The way they win me over, Is by being fair, Realistic, and keeping in mind, while i am making them money, I expect to make some money to, Following the terms of service is a must, I agree, That i why i do not use parking services that indulge themselves in profits for themselves, and could careless about the domainer, as for "gimmic" I think we all know that scammers will try their best to manipulate ANY system, that they can make cash doing it, They are every where, Engaging in all kinds of crime, We either work around them, or just close up and not do any business what so ever on the internet.

I completely disagree with your position on pay per click web directories, In my case it is only a couple, the others i tested sent fasle traffic, The means i use, bring totally targeted, legitimate traffic, that converts, not just for me, but for the company as well, I have made the company i park with , Several sales, In which they received the commission , So i produce CPA revenue for them as well.

DnPresident said:
Hi Hitchhiker,

Well, maybe so but when you have parking companies that demand proof that your portfolio earn a minimum of $10,000 per month with a combined 5,000 customers per day before they'll even allow you to submit an application ha it should make you stop and think. A mi..ni..mum of 10kper month. That tells me there's quite a few in the xxx,xxx range and probably some in the millions per month.

Something I think needs to change is to refer to your customers as traffic/visitors that's just makes them sound to much like a number, Might just be me though.

Those companies are targeting people with extremely high dollar , generic names. I guess they figure, they will take lessor of two evils, and make living off a name like Job.com, rather than having thousands of domain names, that wont make any revenue, because they know average domains don't get pure typin traffic.

Last edited:
•••
Nice post Rod.

Ok, I thought i was on topic before, but lets just capsulize "Legit Traffic".

Legit traffic can come from anywhere. Its not about the undercurrent that seems to be going on in this thread which seems to be not "what defines legit traffic" but more "what can I get away with"..

You guys need to remove yourself from this kind of mindset.

Legit traffic is simply traffic that converts. If you think submitting to 1000 directories will achieve this for your domains then go for it. If you think by pumping/parking your domain will convert, then go for it also.. Parking companies are simply instructed to regimentally police their traffic. Moreover root feed providers are becoming involved now with individual "affiliates" (as they call domainers). If your traffic doesnt provide value to the advertiser then you may be told 'au revoir'. Certainly our new platform will.

Also, how domainers can possibly ask "what specifically defines legit traffic?" is beyond me, for this is an impossible request.

As Roderick mentions above, we have to individually police ourselves. Ad dollars are flowing onto the net at an unbelievable pace, creating an imbalance in the relationship between root providers and domainers.

The revenue undeveloped domains create is substantial, but miniscule when compared with the growth of online advertising. In order to survive and to flourish as a result, undeveloped domains and domainers in general need to not be looked upon anymore as bestowers of click fraud and instead become providers of "legit" and "converting" traffic. There is no other way.

You dont need a conference to discuss this, for its a common and simple answer that all the parking companies will give you. Becoming embroiled into answering individual questions like "can I place a link here, an ad here, a billboard there, an email there, a sign on my head or a sandwich board in the high street" are all irrelevant distractions from the real topic in hand.

Legit traffic is traffic that has a high chance of converting for the advertiser.. Shall I run through it again?

•••
Badger said:
Nice post Rod.

Legit traffic can come from anywhere. Its not about the undercurrent that seems to be going on in this thread which seems to be not "what defines legit traffic" but more "what can I get away with"..

You guys need to remove yourself from this kind of mindset.

Legit traffic is simply traffic that converts. If you think submitting to 1000 directories will achieve this for your domains then go for it. If you think by pumping/parking your domain will convert, then go for it also.. Parking companies are simply instructed to regimentally police their traffic. Moreover root feed providers are becoming involved now with individual "affiliates" (as they call domainers). If your traffic doesnt provide value to the advertiser then you may be told 'au revoir'. Certainly our new platform will.

Also, how domainers can possibly ask "what specifically defines legit traffic?" is beyond me, for this is an impossible request.

As Roderick mentions above, we have to individually police ourselves. Ad dollars are flowing onto the net at an unbelievable pace, creating an imbalance in the relationship between root providers and domainers.

The revenue undeveloped domains create is substantial, but miniscule when compared with the growth of online advertising. In order to survive and to flourish as a result, undeveloped domains and domainers in general need to not be looked upon anymore as bestowers of click fraud and instead become providers of "legit" and "converting" traffic. There is no other way.

You dont need a conference to discuss this, for its a common and simple answer that all the parking companies will give you. Becoming embroiled into answering individual questions like "can I place a link here, an ad here, a billboard there, an email there, a sign on my head or a sandwich board in the high street" are all irrelevant distractions from the real topic in hand.

Legit traffic is traffic that has a high chance of converting for the advertiser.. Shall I run through it again?

This is the most informative post so far, And pretty much covers all the bases
of this topic, I have been waiting for the post for days...Thank You much ..Ian ...Excellent job...and much appreciated.

I completely agree, It is all about clicks to conversions for the advertiser, High quality traffic, And i am glad you pointed out, It isn't just pure typin traffic, That is of high quality, Awesome post!! :tu:

•••
Thks, Badger,

I am thinking now anything goes?

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Thks, Badger,

I am thinking now anything goes?

I don't think...Ian.. was implying that at all, The fact is, If you register a dropped domain name, You can not control the traffic, that the dropped names brings, It could come from web directories that the previous owner has it submitted to, It could come from back links the previous owner had built up, If you are using methods that are bringing legitimate traffic, Then you are fine, If you use "Click Ponzi Groups" ... Auto surf methods to increase impressions, Manual surf, Mass email campaigns, Proxy methods, all the ways that people already know, are not legit traffic methods, Then that person would banned by the parking company.

Low traffic quality is the least to convert, So although that may not get you banned by the parking company right away, It will if it does not convert, Or if the company gets a complaint from their feed provider. Then you will probably get banned, for lack of performance, compiled with the traffic you are receiving.

That is they way i interrupt what "Badger" posted, I may be wrong, But that is what make of it.

If i am wrong, Please correct me ...Badger

•••
Formula For Parking Success

I was just being a little funny, as I see what Badger says perfectly, and very well stated I may add. Thank you with many handshakes for taking the time to clarify the nature of traffic and the supply side purchasers.

This is a very positive step for the domain business as more and more ad dollars are chasing online transactions. It is not that hard to capitilize on this huge trend. In my opinion it is much easier to find domains and or tweak parking pages with the proper search term, keyword or phrase then to try and re-invent the wheel.

Time and effort is required to try to "push" traffic to a parked page. Since doing so is not going to bring a huge pay-back why bother? Why not instead have a domain name that has demand? Some may say, " all the good terms and generics are taken".

Are they really? I just bought a one word dictionary name for under $20.00. It does not make a fortune, but it will be paid for very soon. The person just did not do any research as what the term meant and thus had no way to monetize it.

On my desk are stacks of papers, notebooks and notes that all have good overture and good search potential for names that will bring in cash. If every domainer would do the required research, they would find names that will make them money. Every day new domains are being created that are making money as soon as they are parked.

In my case it just makes sense to reg and park those kinds of names, when I compare the time required or the funds required to "push" traffic to a non- performing name I feel I am wasting my time and resources.

Searching for names having traffic potential or search potential, parking them and then tweaking them to their full potential is a formula that brings success.

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
I was just being a little funny, as I see what Badger says perfectly, and very well stated I may add. Thank you with many handshakes for taking the time to clarify the nature of traffic and the supply side purchasers.

This is a very positive step for the domain business as more and more ad dollars are chasing online transactions. It is not that hard to capitilize on this huge trend. In my opinion it is much easier to find domains and or tweak parking pages with the proper search term, keyword or phrase then to try and re-invent the wheel.

Time and effort is required to try to "push" traffic to a parked page. Since doing so is not going to bring a huge pay-back why bother? Why not instead have a domain name that has demand? Some may say, " all the good terms and generics are taken".

Are they really? I just bought a one word dictionary name for under $20.00. It does not make a fortune, but it will be paid for very soon. The person just did not do any research as what the term meant and thus had no way to monetize it.

On my desk are stacks of papers, notebooks and notes that all have good overture and good search potential for names that will bring in cash. If every domainer would do the required research, they would find names that will make them money. Every day new domains are being created that are making money as soon as they are parked.

In my case it just makes sense to reg and park those kinds of names, when I compare the time required or the funds required to "push" traffic to a non- performing name I feel I am wasting my time and resources.

Searching for names having traffic potential or search potential, parking them and then tweaking them to their full potential is a formula that brings success.

In my personal case, My returns are nice, If i wasn't making a decent ROI, i would even mess with it, My names can perform with out it very well, But they perform much better with it, It is definitely worth my time, effort and the money i spend on domain arbitrage, But like i have said, it is a win-win situation, I have made CPA conversions for my parking company, So it completely depends on what method you are using to accomplish the task.

•••
Its amazing that some of this qualified traffic paid by the parking companies can receive clicks of many dollars and now the new trend, ppc of over TWENTY dollars PER CLICK, for certain LEGIT parked domains.

I don't think those kinds of parking companies will pay out that much to anything but the very best qualified traffic domains, and like Badger states those are for domains that convert.

•••
Badger said:

I guess I should have read the thread title a little closer myself. It appears I've been arguing a little too far to one side. I agree 100% that you can get "legit" traffic from web directories. I believe that in this instance you are defining "legit" to mean traffic that has good potential to convert. However based on that definition "legit traffic" doesnt really have to mean that it is acceptable to your parking company.

If I came up with a list of gamblers anonymous members email addresses. I would have a solid list of people who are highly likely to click on a gambling ad. Now say I were to send them spam emails once a day advertising a gambling domain name that is parked. Chances are once they break down and actually vist the domain they will convert. Do you suppose this scenario would be acceptable to any parking company? The traffic would certainly be "legit" as the visitors would legitimately be interested in gambling.

•••
blaknite said:
I guess I should have read the thread title a little closer myself. It appears I've been arguing a little too far to one side. I agree 100% that you can get "legit" traffic from web directories. I believe that in this instance you are defining "legit" to mean traffic that has good potential to convert. However based on that definition "legit traffic" doesnt really have to mean that it is acceptable to your parking company.

If I came up with a list of gamblers anonymous members email addresses. I would have a solid list of people who are highly likely to click on a gambling ad. Now say I were to send them spam emails once a day advertising a gambling domain name that is parked. Chances are once they break down and actually vist the domain they will convert. Do you suppose this scenario would be acceptable to any parking company? The traffic would certainly be "legit" as the visitors would legitimately be interested in gambling.

I agree, I think mass emailing is not acceptable, That is putting a link right in front of someones face, Not that they will click it, But still is a form of forcing traffic, There is no need to "Force" Traffic at all, If someone finds a link, and the niche is what they want to view, They will click it, Once there, If they see something of interest to them, They will click that as well, If they don't find anything interesting, They wont click anything, Marketing correctly, There is absolutely no need for anyone to use, Mass email, Those free submit your link to link farms, to try and get traffic, And those methods will more than likely get some ones account banned, Rather it be domain parking, or ad publishing.

•••
blaknite said:
I believe that in this instance you are defining "legit" to mean traffic that has good potential to convert. However based on that definition "legit traffic" doesnt really have to mean that it is acceptable to your parking company.
Exactly!!!!!

I didn't start this thread to perpetuate the Us vs Them scenario that has prevailed in this sub-section of our industry for far to long.

My purpose is to find clarification from the Services on their guidelines, which now five reps have graciously joined our thread and submitted viewpoints as well as TOS.

We have invited others, and it will be interesting to hear from them as well.

Most of us know our traffic sources for most of our names, so if we were given a clear picture of what is acceptable from each Service, we wouldn't have to spend as much time pin balling different names from one to the other looking for the best revenue.

One name will do better one place than another, another name, the opposite may be true. This Service converts this traffic best, that Service converts that traffic best.

This Service allows arbitrage, another doesn't.

They/we are not enemies, we are on the same side. We all want the same thing, higher converting, quality traffic.

Peace,
Cy

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Exactly!!!!!

I didn't start this thread to perpetuate the Us vs Them scenario that has prevailed in this sub-section of our industry for far to long.

My purpose is to find clarification from the Services on their guidelines, which now five reps have graciously joined our thread and submitted viewpoints as well as TOS.

We have invited others, and it will be interesting to hear from them as well.

Most of us know our traffic sources for most of our names, so if we were given a clear picture of what is acceptable from each Service, we wouldn't have to spend as much time pin balling different names from one to the other looking for the best revenue.

One name will do better one place than another, another name, the opposite may be true. This Service converts this traffic best, that Service converts that traffic best.

This Service allows arbitrage, another doesn't.

They/we are not enemies, we are on the same side. We all want the same thing, higher converting, quality traffic.

Peace,
Cy

Well Said..Kenny

A lot of the terms of service agreements are very sketchy, Not that the provider means them to be that away, There just aren't clear enough, in alot of cases, So it is very possible for some one to break a companies TOS, by just assuming, Or not understand what they read. I am hoping a lot more companies join us, And clarify their position.

•••
Cy,

pin balling names from one to the other, lol. Exactly like that though and your points are right on. For instance I know what Fab is looking for so when I have a domain that I know will convert well with them I am listing my name as I know they want premium and I want premium large sized click money. If I have names that might not have real defined traffic, I park elsewhere as I may be able to build content or I like their wider assortment of revelent keywords.

Its very exciting to get this information as it will only improve parking for domainers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back