NameSilo

question De-Index Backlinks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peachebar

Established Member
Impact
I have some backlinks from where domain expired and Backlinks no longer exists, I want to De-Index these backlinks after waiting for months for google to naturally De-Index the backlinks.... I tried to Ping these Webpages but Google not De-Indexing the links.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have some backlinks from where domain expired and Backlinks no longer exists,

I'm confused: Do you mean the PAGES the links point to no longer exist on your domain and you want them out of Google's index? Or the domain previously had pages linking to some other site and you want those pages gone? If it's something URGENT (like confidential information or pages created by a hacker) and it's on your domain, you can use the URL removal tool in Webmaster tools (info on when not to use that here - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1269119?hl=en ) Otherwise, just make sure the pages return a status code of 404 or a 410 (gone) and make sure Googlebot can access them (check for crawl errors in Webmaster Tools) and they'll go away next time the site is crawled.

If that's not what you meant, could you please give an example? (Don't have to use real names)

•••
Domains/Web Pages previously linking to my Money website expired but Google Webmaster Tools still index them in list of Backlinks in Google Webmaster Tools....

•••
This shouldn't have any negative SEO impact so I wouldn't worry much about it. Although if you feel it is harming you, then you can use the Google Link Disavow tool.

•••
I have Manual Spam Backlinks penalty in Webmaster Tools and I need to remove bad backlinks physically and from Google to apply for "reconsideration request" of revoking penalty.

•••
OK, got it.

First, Webmaster Tools shows a very small sampling of links and its similar to Majestic's "Historic Index" so what shows up there can be outdated - even in a penalty report. If you're trying to clear a manual penalty, you should compile lists from that AND the other tools - majestic, ahrefs and OSE - merge them, and work on getting rid of the crappy links. (Because if they think you didn't "do" enough, they'll reject your recon request and give you a few more examples of links they don't like.)

If the site no longer exists but it shows up in WMT, obviously contacting the webmaster to take it down won't help, so put it in a disavow. Document for your recon request that these sites no longer exist. Document everything you did to fix the problem in a Google Docs spreadsheet which you link to your request and go over your site carefully to make sure it meets their webmaster quality guidelines before submitting your request.

Google's Webmaster forums can be a good place to ask if you need more advice for clearing a penalty. Google employees and some very experienced people hang out there.

Good luck!

•••
I want to hire a Expert in Spam Backlinks removal by contacting the Owner of Webmasters and not sure where to find such a person...

•••
You can start a thread in Requests in the Marketplace (since it's against the rules for people to advertise or solicit business in discussion forums.).

The "experts" don't come cheap - if you want someone who thoroughly understands penalty removal and has a proven record of success you could be looking at $10-$15 for each domain that links to you. This is because they do a comprehensive audit of ALL followed links to your site, have the experience to separate the good ones from the bad, and take the time to document everything, follow up on every removal attempt, and know what to do and what not to do in submitting the reconsideration request.

You can probably find someone much cheaper to just email webmasters and ask to remove links, but you said the problem links are on sites that no longer exist so I'm not sure that would be much help to you ... and that leaves it to your judgement which links are toxic and which are OK.

•••
Disavow is going to be your best bet. It's going to take a lot of work and patience to do it yourself or a lot of money to have it done for you. This is why I always stress to never pay for backlinks or any other type of blackhat spam techniques.

I own an SEO agency and penalty removal is one of our most expensive services. We get a lot of clients that come to us because they paid for cheap SEO and all of a sudden stopped ranking, and they often end up paying thousands of dollars more just to get back to square one.

•••
(Not to mention some webmasters will charge a fee to remove links ...)

Yes, there are a lot of hidden costs to hiring cheap "seo services".

@TotalWebsites - Have you ever gotten a manual action lifted purely with a disavow file? I haven't been doing a lot of work with penalties lately, but my understanding was that if you don't show some effort to actually remove links they get snitty and deny it. Though I guess if you document in the google doc who you tried to contact, when you tried to contact them, and that you got no response (or that the answer was a flat out "no") they might go with it (depending on your overall site quality and how bad the spam problem was in the first place ... questionable site + long history of spam = probably not so much).

•••
(Not to mention some webmasters will charge a fee to remove links ...)

Yes, there are a lot of hidden costs to hiring cheap "seo services".

@TotalWebsites - Have you ever gotten a manual action lifted purely with a disavow file? I haven't been doing a lot of work with penalties lately, but my understanding was that if you don't show some effort to actually remove links they get snitty and deny it. Though I guess if you document in the google doc who you tried to contact, when you tried to contact them, and that you got no response (or that the answer was a flat out "no") they might go with it (depending on your overall site quality and how bad the spam problem was in the first place ... questionable site + long history of spam = probably not so much).

Well, not purely from disavow. I actually do take the time to contact every webmaster through email, social media, or any other contact info I can get my hands on. Then as I go I document every detail and add it to the disavow file. I include screenshots, examples, dates, notes, and anything else I deem relevant along the way. Then after continued outreach and documentation I turn to disavow.

It's a tedious process and takes a good amount of time, but my success rate is 100% so far. That said, I've turned away prospective clients after doing an audit and finding backlink profiles that I don't think are manageable.

•••
What Email program can I use... Simple Yahoo Email?

•••
You *could* use anything, it looks better if you can use an email on the domain in question, since lots of mail from free email services gets thrown out as spam. Another choice would be Gmail with something like "yesware" (free for personal use) installed so you track what people did with it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back