IT.COM

.de domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Mirko Blazevic

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for your input..

I am quite new with German tlds and I have also checked payticket.com before now. I was a bit concerned if the words "pay" and "ticket" are common words used in Germany...

From your expert view, will you consider payticket.de a good buy?

Thanks..

it sounds nice
but doesn't make sense to me
and I can't make up a buyer

•••
•••
"(das) Ticket" is a German word, "pay" is English.

•••
•••
Thanks for the insight..

thats not the full truth

both are "german" words
( actually both are english words of course )
as everybody in germany would understand and use them

•••
Hi,

What about eroland#de?
Is it good for adult shop in Germany?

•••
•••
thats not the full truth

both are "german" words
( actually both are english words of course )
as everybody in germany would understand and use them

That's not the full truth either. :)

It goes much further into the past: Ticket has it's origins in Old French according to this source while pay comes from the Latin verb "pacare".
This is probably not of interest for this business though.

I should have expressed myself more precisely. "Ticket" is a word from the German dictionary, "pay" itself is not a German dictionary word. However there are terms like Pay-per-View and Pay-TV that have been introduced into the German language and are commonly known. The verb (to) pay is an English dictionary word of course.

I doubt that really everybody in Germany really understands the word "pay" alone although it's a simple word.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

What about eroland#de?
Is it good for adult shop in Germany?

Just from the point of view of a German native speaker I'm not that convinced, for me it sounds too random and I might not at the first glimpse (just based on the name) think that this has something to do with an adult shop. But this is just my perception and someone else might see it differently.

I guess erotikland is already taken

•••
•••
I doubt that really everybody in Germany really understands the word "pay" alone although it's a simple word.

in the world of internet
today
everybody
even in germany
knows

paypal

and a new service introduced lately
by a group of german banks
is called

pay-direct

so I guess
everybody in germany understands "pay"

unless they are really, really uneducated

•••
unless they are really, really uneducated

I'm afraid you'll find enough people in Germany who won't understand that, not a majority though. You can experience things like these in certain circles/groups.

To dig a bit deeper into my point: I think that "pay" in context with another word like Pay-TV is more understood that "pay" alone. Paypal is a brand, how many would actually understand that it means sth. like "Bzahlfreund". That's for the written "pay", for the phonetical "pay" I'd say it is different.

But we can have different opinions as I can't right now prove this thesis anyway. Also not really worth to argue about it as it basically is "Haarspalterei" and I believe none of us intends to do scientific/linguistic research on it although this might be in a greater context of language interesting again.

•••
I'm afraid you'll find enough people in Germany who won't understand that, not a majority though. You can experience things like these in certain circles/groups.

To dig a bit deeper into my point: I think that "pay" in context with another word like Pay-TV is more understood that "pay" alone. Paypal is a brand, how many would actually understand that it means sth. like "Bzahlfreund". That's for the written "pay", for the phonetical "pay" I'd say it is different.

But we can have different opinions as I can't right now prove this thesis anyway. Also not really worth to argue about it as it basically is "Haarspalterei" and I believe none of us intends to do scientific/linguistic research on it although this might be in a greater context of language interesting again.
»Es ist schon alles gesagt. Nur nicht von jedem.« Karl Valentin

•••
There are many .de sales in namebio.com. Both with the keyword's pay and ticket. I just do not know if it's a good combination.

•••
Presumably after the collapse of the EU. European country TLDs will increase in value.

•••
@frank-germany @MackieMesser Thanks for the educative interchange....For someone who's not a German native speaker, bits of information like these can be really helpful....

How about kindernabe.de?
Will it be a good fit for kids-related stuff....

Thanks.

•••
@frank-germany @MackieMesser Thanks for the educative interchange....For someone who's not a German native speaker, bits of information like these can be really helpful....

How about kindernabe.de?
Will it be a good fit for kids-related stuff....

Thanks.

no not at all delete

•••
•••
My personal opinion for .de domains most likely it needs to be in german else it's audience is greatly diminished.

•••
»Es ist schon alles gesagt. Nur nicht von jedem.« Karl Valentin

"Wer fragt, ist ein Narr für eine Minute. Wer nicht fragt, ist ein Narr sein Leben lang." -Konfuzius :-D

•••
•••
My personal opinion for .de domains most likely it needs to be in german else it's audience is greatly diminished.

sometimes 1 customer is enough

my best .de sale was 2 english key-words.de

•••
I regged Bitcoin-bonus.de . is this a good combo for potential sale?

•••
is german address require to buy .de domains? , i am from india

•••
yes admin c needs german adress

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back