Dynadot

advice Dan.com Lease to Own is guaranteed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AMRO1001

Upgraded Member
Impact
Hello,

If I buy a domain from Dan.com by "Leasing to Own" the transfer of the domain to me after full payment of the domain price is guaranteed? Or there is a risk of the seller does not transfer the domain fully or changes his mind?

I guess it will be safe if Dan.com gets hold of the domain fully during the lease period, but I am not sure?

Thanks for your advice.
Amro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dan gets name aftr yer 1st pay

•••
Guaranteed, unless the "owner" or seller we should say doesn't transfer the name to Dan..
Some people seems to forget unlisting their domains from there, list domains they don't own, or maybe say they don't own a name not to sell it, alias backing out.

•••
•••
Guaranteed, unless the "owner" or seller we should say doesn't transfer the name to Dan..
Some people seems to forget unlisting their domains from there, list domains they don't own, or maybe say they don't own a name not to sell it, alias backing out.

he asked if its guaranteed he gets name aftr full pay.

so yer reply does kot apply here. meaning that as soon as he makes 1st payment dan gets name. so at 2nd 3rd 4th..and even more at full payment buyer is already guaranteed name.

ita only aftr 1st payment he is not yet guaranteed name pending if seller transfers it. if he doesn't buyer gets refund and all ends there.

that should clarify

•••
Hello,

If I buy a domain from Dan.com by "Leasing to Own" the transfer of the domain to me after full payment of the domain price is guaranteed? Or there is a risk of the seller does not transfer the domain fully or changes his mind?

I guess it will be safe if Dan.com gets hold of the domain fully during the lease period, but I am not sure?

Thanks for your advice.
Amro

Hi Amro,

Once you pay the last installment you have a 100% guarantee to receive the domain because we transfer the domain to our own holding registrar after the first payment. The seller has no access to the domain anymore once a transaction is initiated.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
Hello Dan,

Is it possible for a buyer to pay the first installment and sell my domain elsewhere (at a higher price, of course). And then as soon as he finds his buyer, he would pay DAN all the remaining sums to become the owner and transfer the domain to his buyer?

Regards.

•••
Back