Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now the control panel looks like cr*p. It's terrible what happened to Dan. Any alternatives? I won't stay there any longer.

•••
That sorting feature by recently viewed and views per month (highest) are IMPERATIVE information. They don’t want us to have vital info on buyer nterest in our names apparently.

If they don’t fix it I don’t see any reason to remain either. DAN is getting as junky as Afternic instead of AN getting more like DAN.

100% ....this is another Strong arm attempt to push us to GD/Afternic landers...not surprised after the release of thier Commission penalty.

What a shame.

They've truly ruined what REZA built.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic 2.0 is a real joke - I have to go back to 1.0 to do virtually anything - on the Beta I can't even select multiple domains to delete or edit. And when I add in new domains I can't select them all and change prices. WTH?

If you have thousands of domains on Afternic 2.0 you might as well order an abacus and seal the deal.

Right! I've emailed their support too many times in the past weeks...you can't change a name or price in Afternic 2.0 without having to go back to classic to check it...Bugs Everywhere.

You change a price in Afternic Beta 2.0 and It either goes to review, or it disappears from View inside you 2.0 dashboard.

smh....I'm about to do all Efty..funny my last l offer came from an EFTY Smart Lander. Which I could actually communicate back with the buyer. GD/AF do not want us able to do so... Thank you @Doron Vermaat

•••
I think it's pretty obvious GoDaddy is closing DAN down soon and want us to move to Afternic, and what better way to do it than delete every useful feature on DAN that is not on Afternic.

I have been mulling over personal landers for a while and I think this is the perfect time to get working on it, before GD outlines its "Final Solution" to DAN.

Last edited:
•••
Efty is not free and not the perfect one during this market
Daaz seems to be good now

•••
Efty is not free and not the perfect one during this market
Daaz seems to be good now
Daaz is fine...

But the main problem not using dan/afternic for landers is the penalty, for every domains sold through afternic (25% fees).
For those who dont sell a lot through afternic, it's not important, but not for others...

•••
And now my dashboard says I have 3 Afternic listings. Check your stats.

As I have said many times whatever GD gets their hands on they destroy. This does not make me want run to Afternic where they want total control of our sales and its bug city.

Refresh the page. Now it seems to be reverting back.

Last edited:
•••
This is just cost cutting, sorting by recent views was too heavy a query (to GoDaddy's bean counters).

Different listing currencies are back now?

edit: I hope we saw an early beta

Last edited:
•••
And now my dashboard says I have 3 Afternic listings. Check your stats.

As I have said many times whatever GD gets their hands on they destroy. This does not make me want run to Afternic where they want total control of our sales and its bug city.

Refresh the page. Now it seems to be reverting back.

Oh they are for sure live in this thread now, and I'm sure not a single person whom is aware of what just took place was happy at all...but I doubt it's back just due to a few of us "complaining" ....I think it was more so a test. That was tooo much like Afternic 2.0 crappy dashboard....seems they are trying to merge it into 1....I doubt ...the reverse sticks ....for long..... caution

Last edited:
•••
edit: I hope we saw an early beta

I think that's exactly what we saw - probably a test to see how many people noticed and complained.

GD wants us all on Afternic, and that little preview was definitely Danfternic 2.0.

Last edited:
•••
For me, everything has returned to normal. I think we saw a new control panel that looked awful and lacked many features, it was probably a preview of what they are planning to introduce soon.

•••
Good afternoon @DomainRecap, @karmaco and @DomainBarracksRob,
We experienced an outage that affected the dashboard, including features like sorting. The dashboard that you know and love should be back up and running very soon. We're sorry for that.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Now a bunch of Afternic listing failures in red. This is pure incompetence.

•••
The dashboard that you know and love should be back up and running very soon. We're sorry for that.

I really hope what appeared on DAN after that "outage" was NOT a sign of things to come. I really do.

Last edited:
•••
It wasn't a outage but rather a completely new, unsuccessful panel similar to Afternic. I regret that I didn't take a screenshot.

•••
I really hope what appeared on DAN after that "outage" was NOT a sign of things to come. I really do.

It was why to similar to the Af 2.0 settings...I'm not buying it was a complete mishap, sry Dan ...I think it was a test.

•••
•••
That “outage” made an ugly as hell dashboard with limited features and screwed up Afternic listings. Some coincidence.

•••
It wasn't a outage but rather a completely new, unsuccessful panel similar to Afternic. I regret that I didn't take a screenshot.

Exactly, It was LITERALLY AFt 2.0 ....inside dan.

The options to sort and sift through our names to make adjustments at afternic is atrocious.

Like Dan price options pick a tld say .xyz and then price say 4999-10K....then you can work on this exact narrow result.

The other thing that drives me nuts on Af 2.0 is you can't scroll left to right on when editing when you have a full page of names...you need to scroll to the bottom to go left or right....WTF good does that do if trying to adjust a name in the middle you can't even see.

Last edited:
•••
It was an old Dan style 2.5 years ago but added GoDaddy brand beside Dan at dashboard page which now disappeared again.

We love Dan, my great domaining success was with Dan.

I hope I won't be forced to go.

•••
•••
It was an old Dan style 2.5 years ago but added GoDaddy brand beside Dan at dashboard page which now disappeared again.

We love Dan, my great domaining success was with Dan.

I hope I won't be forced to go.
Btw , I love in the new deleted style that I can import domains file with mobile version and the sorted add or delete or edit prices

Good work with bad deleted options we love.

•••
By the way the glitch appears to have affected some other functions, such as price request comms. They showed up with a day's delay, prompting the system to issue follow-up notices.

•••
@DAN.COM
Showing a price + VAT is very bad for the buyer.
You should allow us to show only the final price.
You can then collect the VAT from the paid amount.
We as seller will do the math and price the domain accordingly.
VAT is never shown in any price for products sold in retail stores, anywhere.
It creates even more confusion especially if the price is in dollars.

•••
In Settings, About you (profile) there's an obsolete VAT option: Price excludes VAT --or-- Do not charge and show any VAT (with info: Enable this option to show no traces of VAT at all. This option is useful for private sellers and sellers outside of Europe.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back