NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Contacted support.
Those seeing this problem in their domain dashboard might want to contact them. They'll escalate it if enough people have this happening in their account.

•••
I've never tried the "Dan Broker" option before and didn't realize that each transaction needed to be approved by the broker team - how long does this process usually take?

•••
I've never tried the "Dan Broker" option before and didn't realize that each transaction needed to be approved by the broker team - how long does this process usually take?
The last time I used the Dan broker, I had an answer in just over an hour.

•••
The last time I used the Dan broker, I had an answer in just over an hour.

Thanks, but it looks like Dan has some "technical issues" to take care of right now, so I'm not holding my breath.

•••
@DAN.COM

I don't think the "Recently Viewed" sort option under My Domains is working as my domain list has remained the same since late last night.
+1

Dan recently not that Dan we know.

•••
Quick note: It seems that the Buyer's due date on LTOs has also changed. Eg an LTO that was due on the 12th of a month has moved to the 8th for some reason, for all remaining payments.
This wasn't mentioned in the latest Dan update AFAIK. Short term effect: Buyers might not expect they have to pay X days earlier. Dan uses credit cards on record for such payment plans.

•••
Quick note: It seems that the Buyer's due date on LTOs has also changed. Eg an LTO that was due on the 12th of a month has moved to the 8th for some reason, for all remaining payments.
This wasn't mentioned in the latest Dan update AFAIK. Short term effect: Buyers might not expect they have to pay X days earlier. Dan uses credit cards on record for such payment plans.
They recently clarified that point somewhere in this thread. In my case, the payments are delayed.

•••
•••
They recently clarified that point somewhere in this thread. In my case, the payments are delayed.

Right. This isn't about the seller's payout schedule though, it's about the buyer's: their due date has changed as well. In my case, the buyer is now required to pay 4 days earlier. I wonder what type of reason they relayed to the buyer.

•••
Right. This isn't about the seller's payout schedule though, it's about the buyer's: their due date has changed as well. In my case, the buyer is now required to pay 4 days earlier. I wonder what type of reason they relayed to the buyer.
So they are telling buyers to pay up earlier & sellers they'll be paid out later.....

•••
that whole place is just a bad joke now.. they even stop notify seller if.buyer ever paid..if late etc.. so everyone is kept in dark clueless till payout date... unbelievable

•••
I noticed Views statistic does not working for the last 24 hours.. @DAN.COM

•••
•••
I noticed Views statistic does not working for the last 24 hours.. @DAN.COM
Contact them through their chat directly. We need a boatload of people to tell them to fix this. Otherwise, they won't move.

•••
I don't think the "Recently Viewed" sort option under My Domains is working as my domain list has remained the same since late last night.

It looks like it just started working again, but their entire traffic reporting system looks to have been down for over a day, so there go the monthly reports.

Last edited:
•••
Now DAN seems to have died.

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Crap, DAN is back online and it looks like they redid the My Domains page to eliminate the various default sorting mechanisms. This was one of the best features of DAN. (n)

Is GD shutting these guys down?

•••
Crap, DAN is back online and it looks like they redid the My Domains page to eliminate the various default sorting mechanisms. This was one of the best features of DAN. (n)

Let's c
I don't think they will remove options like recent views and afternic integration.

•••

right WTF @DAN.COM Whhy did you remove this sorting feature? You just made the price editing and name sorting as CRAPY as Afternic, please reverse this change.

Last edited:
•••
I was about to to put some NS back to Dan.com today.....Well that changed!...I swear I'm about to put everything on Efty....So sick of this sh*t

Last edited:
•••
Let's c
I don't think they will remove options like recent views and afternic integration.

Looks like they just did and I think their Devs are running around trying to delete or disable any feature that is performance-related.

If DAN gets rid of these useful options then I am accelerating my move to personal landing pages.

•••
right WTF @DAN.COM Whhy did you remove this sorting feature? You just made the price editing and name sorting as CRAPY as Afternic, please reverse this change.
That sorting feature by recently viewed and views per month (highest) are IMPERATIVE information. They don’t want us to have vital info on buyer interest in our names apparently.

If they don’t fix it I don’t see any reason to remain either. DAN is getting as junky as Afternic instead of AN getting more like DAN.

Last edited:
•••
You just made the price editing and name sorting as CRAPY as Afternic, please reverse this change.

Afternic 2.0 is a real joke - I have to go back to 1.0 to do virtually anything - on the Beta I can't even select multiple domains to delete or edit. And when I add in new domains I can't select them all and change prices. WTH?

If you have thousands of domains on Afternic 2.0 you might as well order an abacus and seal the deal.

•••
That sorting feature by recently viewed and views per month (highest) are IMPERATIVE information. They don’t want us to have vital info on buyer nterest in our names apparently.

WORD!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back