Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks but I don't see why there's a chat icon there if it does not work. I have never seen that before, every site I recall going to with a chat feature has it live during business hours. Plus I assume a majority of customers are in USA so why not hire staff to work that time zone?

I don't see why that would necessarily cost more money since it can take about the same length of time to handle an issue with a long delay vs real time, maybe even more costly since a delay can cause multiple support requests on the same issue.

The chat icon shouldn't be there or should be disabled if they aren't there, I agree with you on that one.

I personally wouldn't have the live chat option if I were in charge of DAN. People tend to get lazy and ask the basic questions which are (should be) in the FAQ over and over. While a chat can take 20 minutes easily, draining support resources, when you put the effort to write down in an email, you probably looked elsewhere before.

As for hiring a US person, it's doable but not straightforward. I suspect Reza wouldn't want someone working remotely and would rather have US support when DAN opens an US office.

•••
...As for hiring a US person, it's doable but not straightforward. I suspect Reza wouldn't want someone working remotely and would rather have US support when DAN opens an US office.

Thank you and very good points you made. Re hiring if there is a US office, not sure why a US office is needed. Why not simply hire staff in Amsterdam to work a different shift. I don't see why The Netherlands staff can only work 9 to 5 or whatever the daily schedule is.

•••
Thank you and very good points you made. Re hiring if there is a US office, not sure why a US office is needed. Why not simply hire staff in Amsterdam to work a different shift. I don't see why The Netherlands staff can only work 9 to 5 or whatever the daily schedule is.

Well, technically everything is possible, while not always desirable. "Why not have someone work in odd hours from Amsterdam", you have to ask Reza.

•••
@Reza

I think you guys could really do with a way of supporting domain names changing hands between different sellers on your platform. At the moment if I buy a domain that already exists/existed on your platform I need to contact your support team to have it moved to my account.

I understand that since the nameservers are already pointing to your service, you in effect manage the DNS, so adding a TXT record or such for verification is not really feasible without changing nameservers back and forth at the registrar level.

One solution to this problem is that you could provide a faux randomly and uniquely generated name server record to add as a third nameserver record at registrar level, which you'd then be able to check for via a nameserver lookup. Since we really only need the first two nameservers and most registrars provide a means of adding a third or fourth, I feel this would work. This nameserver won't actually be a genuine nameserver, it simply serves as a means to verify the account change without requiring both the previous owner and new owner's participation.

Last edited:
•••
Good morning all,

@namemarket we would need an US-based team for numerous reasons. Two major reasons involve that if would allow our Dutch team to operate at this time they would have to operate until 02:00 at night to cover all hours. A second more important reason would be that having American representatives inspires additional trust with our customers based in the US.

Regarding the chat widget, we will not remove it when the office is closed. It is an easy way for buyers to submit inquiries when visiting your page. It most definitely is not a live chat but I can assure you that through this chat many sales are being concluded for you by our representatives. Removing the widget would only hurt your monthly sales.

@Dave what you are referring to is currently being built. We are testing a solution at which each seller gets its own unique nameserver. When the domain is parked with its own unique nameserver the validation is made. The downside is that roughly 900,000 domains are parked through the nameservers. This would mean that the solution would impact the majority of our sellers with their current setup.

Hope you all have a great day!

•••
I'm reading thru the thread so it might have been answered but:

"We do not. However, we do perform KYC on all first time sellers."

What about first time buyers, at Escrow.com sales over $3,000, they need to verify. Same here?

•••
There are problem with server, not opening dan.com and a parked domains

•••
Good morning,

@JB Lions we require buyers to verify their email before submitting an offer.

@elmoney it is best to contact our support when the situation occurs. Through a forum, we are unable to help or assist you. That being said, we have experienced no problems and all landing pages are up and running. Please contact us through support in case you are still experiencing any problems and grant some images of the results that are generated.

Have a great weekend!

•••
Good morning,

@JB Lions we require buyers to verify their email before submitting an offer!

I'm talking about buying. After a price is agreed to or on a Buy Now, do buyers have to send in any information once a certain amount is hit? At Escrow.com, $3,000 and over, then buyers need to start sending personal info in, I'm talking colored scans of passport or driver's license and proof of address like bank statements, utility bills or something else.

Does that happen at DAN as well once certain amounts are hit?

It's because of these KYC, Know Your Customers regulations - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

Last edited:
•••
How i can to contact via support, if i can not to open dan website?

•••
•••
Has Dan.com become the go to for low ballers and fake buyers/offers?

I post this after having literally dozens of fake buyers (non-payments) and a steady stream of lowball offers where buyers are not willing to negotiate a reasonable price for a name.

Is this happening to others?

•••
My last 4 Negotiations Got cancelled , I also get low ball for random names and disappeared buyers !!

•••
Sometimes I think DAN bots make random 50$-100$ offers on names to keep sellers on their platform !!

•••
Sometimes I think DAN bots make random 50$-100$ offers on names to keep sellers on their platform !!

That's a pretty serious accusation. Or was it meant in a light-hearted way?

•••
That's a pretty serious accusation. Or was it meant in a light-hearted way?

I was giving my opinion in a joking manner !!

•••

Lift up the minimum offer eg 500+. Simple solution.

•••
Personally, I have great experience with Dan. Sold 3 domains there.
Big thanks also to Laszlo for all his actions and replies to my queries.

As much as I love automation, I would love if Dan could have 24/7 support.
Dan has becoming most of people choice now:

-Easy to setup
-Impactful landing page
-Automated transaction process
-Faster payout

It basically ticks all the boxes. As a domainer, paying a small commission of 9% to have all of these taken care of, I wouldn't mind!

More and more people are trusting DAN for the exceptional buying and selling experience, perhaps having a live support would boost your customer experience more.

•••
Has Dan.com become the go to for low ballers and fake buyers/offers?

I post this after having literally dozens of fake buyers (non-payments) and a steady stream of lowball offers where buyers are not willing to negotiate a reasonable price for a name.

Is this happening to others?

Yes so many non payers and time wasters it’s crazy to avoid just put bins and list on other markets

•••
DAN and epik are the future of domaining.
Wait until DAN the registrar is ready.

•••
Hey guys, wanna ask your opinion, in your DAN lander page, do you list your name or as Private Seller?
Which one would give more trust to end-user? Will it influence price? You know, maybe some end-user think, owh because this person has a name, so maybe could get much cheaper pirce..likewise, if it's just Private Seller, probably end-user might just buy with the price. things like that..

thanks! :)

•••
Hey guys, wanna ask your opinion, in your DAN lander page, do you list your name or as Private Seller?
Which one would give more trust to end-user? Will it influence price? You know, maybe some end-user think, owh because this person has a name, so maybe could get much cheaper pirce..likewise, if it's just Private Seller, probably end-user might just buy with the price. things like that..

thanks! :)

In my case, I only sell if the price is right, which excludes the kind of buyer that would refrain from buying because of such considerations. So it really doesn't matter.

•••
DAN and epik are the future of domaining.
Wait until DAN the registrar is ready.
Agreed....good to know about their registrar plans (if true)!

•••
In my case, I only sell if the price is right, which excludes the kind of buyer that would refrain from buying because of such considerations. So it really doesn't matter.

So for all your list, you list as your name or as Private Seller?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back