IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Are you able to add support for .is domains? they have some extra requirements to allow pointing to your nameservers it seems

Show attachment 126480

use cloudflare for your domains

they will import the data from existing nameservers on your other extensions
you can clone and modify that to fit with your .is names

•••
Hi Z4,

From my understanding changing the TTL to the required settings for .is domains will result in a lesser good performance for the other extensions so we can't implement that change. The .is registry should simply use the same standardized model other extensions use instead of creating their own protocol.

Kind regards,

Reza

pls keep in mind that your customers
may have little influence on the behavior
of the ccTLDs requirements

•••
Hi Z4,

From my understanding changing the TTL to the required settings for .is domains will result in a lesser good performance for the other extensions so we can't implement that change. The .is registry should simply use the same standardized model other extensions use instead of creating their own protocol.

Kind regards,

Reza

as Island just lost their first glacier due to global warning
and we all share a part in that melting

maybe you want to create

ns3.dan.com
ns4.dan.com

with the .is specs

to help the .is people out

•••
TTL means Cache duration (in seconds) - in brief.
Lower TTL leads to more lookups... higher pressure on your nameservers in other words.

•••
Also I don't understand why to set so low TTL (like 3600) per NS records.

Low TTL can be useful for A and MX records.
In some scenarios.

Last edited:
•••
Low TTL can be useful for A and MX records.
In some scenarios.

This is probably why. When a domain gets sold and records get changed they get to resolve to the new host sooner. In other words, you get to use your latest acquisition faster.

Could be a lot of reasons but it's definitely very common to use a low TTL in DNS environments like DANs.

•••
@Reza I got some problem in a recent lead (actually sale) I am trying to get clarification from cust support...but it seems they are away for almost 2 hrs now...
when they are "active" they won't reply when i am online and waiting...this happens every time...

For DAN which holds millions of listings and deals numerous transactions... there should be a 24x7 cust support!!

Least you can do to customer....

Edit: my issue resolved..

And I got to know that it is not a live support...which should be there for a big platform like DAN.

Last edited:
•••
resolved

Last edited:
•••
@Reza I have added 100 domains to Dan.com and redirected most of them but having problem to read stats, see attached screenshot (tried via os and chrome browsers). suggestions? Thanks.

Go to "Portfolio" to see them.

•••
Does dan.com inform buyers who already made an offer about the Price change?
@Reza

•••
As a buyer, I would love to be able to search for only BIN names wiith a payment plan. It seems this is not possible at the moment.

Last edited:
•••
@Reza I got some problem no cust support.
i sold domain how much time to whole process ?

•••
Why did the transaction explorer stop working?

•••
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.
Glad that you just put it all out there and strongly. I will check you out.

•••
Does DAN.com work with Payoneer?

•••
Does DAN.com work with Payoneer?
Yes. You will have to input your EUR bank account details provided by Payoneer at DAN.

At the time of payout, send a message to simon, "Please send payment in EUR".

Last edited:
•••
Yes. You will have to input your EUR bank account details provided by Payoneer at DAN.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something. I opened a Payoneer account but I don't see an EUR bank account anywhere? All I see is 'Request a Payment' which requires you to go to your payer's site and look up for the Payoneer button there.

•••

did you recieve payment that way to payoneer?

•••
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something. I opened a Payoneer account but I don't see an EUR bank account anywhere? All I see is 'Request a Payment' which requires you to go to your payer's site and look up for the Payoneer button there.
Goto Payoneer global payment service and you can open an American bank account for ACH payments in USD likewise a German bank account to recieve only Euro payments..

•••
•••
After Dan.com confirms they have sent the payment for the sale of your domain name to you, how long does it take before it is credited to your Ethereum wallet

•••
@Reza .......
when they are "active" they won't reply when i am online and waiting...this happens every time...For DAN which holds millions of listings and deals numerous transactions... there should be a 24x7 cust support!! Least you can do to customer....And I got to know that it is not a live support...which should be there for a big platform like DAN.

I like DAN a lot but do agree with the above. Support is slow and if buyers or sellers go to the chat icon at lower right corner of screen with a question in all likelihood there will be no one there to chat. In addition, what with the 9-hour time difference in the Netherlands if you submit a support issue early Friday Dan may already be closed so earliest reply is a long 3 days later. Also, I do not see a live support or phone support option.

Last edited:
•••
I like DAN a lot but do agree with the above. Support is slow and if buyers or sellers go to the chat icon at lower right corner of screen with a question in all likelihood there will be no one there to chat. In addition, what with the 9-hour time difference in the Netherlands if you submit a support issue early Friday Dan may already be closed so earliest reply is a long 3 days later. Also, I do not see a live support or phone support option.

DAN is a great company, but still a start-up. They do what's humanly possible with the resources they have, and have automatized a lot of procedures in order to mitigate the need of support chat. And the automation never stops.

I've been to their headquarters in Amsterdam and can tell you that for their actual team size and monthly transaction volume which grows every month, they're amazingly efficient.

At the end of the day you have to have a vision for your company and allocate resources wisely. 24/7 good-quality support is expensive, and would likely impact on their commission structure.

•••
DAN is a great company, but still a start-up. They do what's humanly possible with the resources they have, and have automatized a lot of procedures in order to mitigate the need of support chat. And the automation never stops. I've been to their headquarters in Amsterdam and can tell you that for their actual team size and monthly transaction volume which grows every month, they're amazingly efficient. At the end of the day you have to have a vision for your company and allocate resources wisely. 24/7 good-quality support is expensive, and would likely impact on their commission structure.

Thanks but I don't see why there's a chat icon there if it does not work. I have never seen that before, every site I recall going to with a chat feature has it live during business hours. Plus I assume a majority of customers are in USA so why not hire staff to work that time zone?

I don't see why that would necessarily cost more money since it can take about the same length of time to handle an issue with a long delay vs real time, maybe even more costly since a delay can cause multiple support requests on the same issue.

•••
Back