Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@LaszloSchenk

Please fix this 100% BUG.
I don't think it's a bug

MTS has three options: To show a list of your domains (about 6 of them)
To show your bio
To show nothing.

What do you expect to see in that box if you don't have a bio or you don't want it to show your domain?

•••
MTS has three options: To show a list of your domains (about 6 of them)
To show your bio
To show nothing.
Promote your domain store has these options, NOT MTS (MeetTheSeller).

•••
@FolioTeam
So MTS (Member since..., Responds within... etc.) always doesn't appear on your Standard parking lander regardless of Promote your domain store options?
And your previous confirmation above was wrong? It is just incomplete Standard theme?
I understand you correctly?

Last edited:
•••
I'd prefer to have security key as two step authentication

•••
@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM

Till now Payoneer payout option not added yet any I have payments on Payoneer not approved yet more than one week , I need to have my payments above 10K to PayPal with accepted extra fees and you refuse that

Your help please

Hello
I need to my payments over 10K to be transferred via PayPal with extra fees

Why can't do that !!
Any help !!

I have transfers from September and till now not settle in my bank account

PayPal is my only option and I accept extra fees but you refused that !!

Any help here !!!!

How can I get that approved and all Dan team refuse !!!

•••
Is the lease to own sale listings worth it ?
Do buyers always/usually pay the installments in time ?
Any complications ?
Is there an higher success rate in lease to own compared to make an offer and/or buy now ?

Would appreciate feedback/answers.

Last edited:
•••
Never use it on Namecheap and GD, now Dynadot and Porkbun use whatsapp to send SMS 2FA code, it's quicker and surely sent.

•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk ....just curious if seller send transaction to MO then the commission fee would be 9% DAN + 15% MO = 24%, is that correct?

Update: @Jurgen Wolf has answered below.

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes landing page not loading. or too long loads.

FYI: offers not sending to the owner depending on the domain name.

•••
Provisioning of a secure certificate for your site takes some days. Or your DNS cache has old data and you arrive at the wrong site. Just wait some days, it probably will be okay then, without the need to take further action.

Thanks FS. I mean do customers see that as well? That could be a huge deal breaker!
I think I see that the first time I'm checking out the link..

Last edited:
•••
Can someone from @DAN.COM comment on this?

•••
I will try that, I'm more interested how a customer sees the lander the first time they type in a domain on their browser. Any not secure / unsafe report could lead to lost sales

Last edited:
•••
No, redirect doesn't help. Because it works via httpS.
So you must wait for cert, usually within 24h.

Depends. It works for non-https type-ins that then get redirected to the secured dan.com page.

It won't work if someone is following an explicit link to https://yourdomain.com/

•••
Don't simplify endusers...
They don't need your certificate!

Last edited:
•••
•••
See screenshot (Chromium 93)...
I just moved back this domain from Sedo to DAN, Redirect is ON:

2021-10-23-153431_1920x1080_scrot.png

•••
See screenshot (Chromium 93)...
I just moved back this domain from Sedo to DAN, Redirect is ON:

Show attachment 202554

That's interesting, because the error says 'incorrect date' for the certificate. Then this problem could be not on your side but on DAN's.

However, are you really sure you are arriving at DAN, not Sedo? (DNS cache, since you changed nameservers recently)

Last edited:
•••
This domain was previously parked on DAN, in June I moved it to Sedo, and today - back to DAN...
This is just 1 example, I receive them regularly...

•••
And I have never seen such SSL errors on Sedo.
Only DAN system generates them.

Last edited:
•••
When we change the nameservers from DAN, They are pulling that Cert and assigning it to some other random domain of others. They might have some limit. When we change back to DAN nameservers, its taking some time to resolve.

I don't understand what you write here. Technically it makes no sense...

•••
And DNS updates for Afilias TLDs are almost realtime, like Verisign TLDs...
You don't need to wait more than a few minutes to land on the new IP address - if you didn't visit this domain before (so IP was cached in this case).

Last edited:
•••
Thats my understanding. May be you can explain. Thanks

•••
•••
Once a secure (Let's Encrypt) certificate has been created for your specific domain, it will only work for that domain. It cannot be assigned to another domain. Well you can do it technically, but you will get a warning in the browser that the certificate doesn't match :)

(not talking about wildcard certs here)

Not a techno person here :(. I guess they might have number of certs limitation.

•••
Once a secure (Let's Encrypt) certificate has been created for your specific domain, it will only work for that domain. It cannot be assigned to another domain. Well you can do it technically, but you will get a warning in the browser that the certificate doesn't match :)
Exactly, warnings!
With Epik I have seen these wrong LE certs many times...
So I'm not suprised - if the same happens on DAN, especially when you park X,XXX domains there.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back