IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is not even unique, they count every hit...

Last edited:
•••
•••
It already does that. But, I think it resets if you log in from a different device. Mine sticks to the 250 per page selection every time

Ok super! You guys must be very busy... Seems it should be fairly simple to add feature so we can set default # of domains displayed on portfolio page.

•••
It sticks to your 250 only due to cookies.
My cookies and cache are cleared daily, each time I turn on my PC.

Last edited:
•••
These extensions are invalid

Can you add them please to begin add domains in that extensions

.co.bz
.Us.in
.up.in
.UK.in
.tv.in
.travel.in
.pro.in
.post.in
.pg.in
.me.in
.io.in
.internet.in
.intl.in
.info.in
.gujarat.in
.er.in
.dr.in
.Delhi.in
.Cs.in
.coop.in
.com.in
.Cn.in
.business.in
.CA.in
.biz.in
.ai.in
.am.in

•••
1635933743046.png

How come some domains have been showing redirected=true&tld=xyz, some are not?

Anyone having sales or leads in DAN for the past 1 week? for me its zero.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
BuyNow also doesn't work from my experience with prices at least mid $xxx...
Never had any BIN success there. All my BIN sales happened on Sedo only.

Last edited:
•••
BuyNow also doesn't work from my experience with prices at least mid $xxx...
Never had any BIN success there. All my BIN sales happened on Sedo only.
For me that work.
Now my customers have the choice between dan, sedo, afternic, none of them choose sedo as i put a markup will probably add stripe and/or paypal for low bin...

•••
I stopped make offer with dan, too mzny unpaid domains after negotiations...
With a large portfolios, hundreds of leads it's awful...
Non-payers or 1st bid is almost always the last (no further bids).
Thanks to their bidders without not just some verification, but even without registration.

On Sedo the same troubles are very rare.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sales numbers this year, lowest ever
For me this 2nd pandemic year is just slightly better than 2020 in terms of sales volume.
And in some other aspects it is even worse than 2020.

Last edited:
•••
I tried using Dan landers in the past but with little success & switched them elsewhere.
Where did you switch them to?

•••
•••
When using Google analytics for my Dan listings and profile page what URL do I use when setting up my "Web Stream Website URL" do I just use Dan.com? Or my profile url example: dan.com/domain-seller.........

I have GA on my own sites, just not sure about using Dan. Never installed GA on a listing site before.

Thanks

•••
Google doesn't index their Hybrid landers as well...
I just found one parked on DAN 2.5 months ago - it is NOT indexed.

So total boycott of DAN 2.0 by Google.

Last edited:
•••
Non-payers or 1st bid is almost always the last (no further bids).
Thanks to their bidders without not just some verification, but even without registration.

On Sedo the same troubles are very rare.
LiveChat said that they are different from other marketplaces, and that's why they use this model...

Marketplace for children.

Last edited:
•••
Why did the transaction explorer stop working?
Came here to ask the same question. Although, I can't recall a time when it ever did.

https://dan.com/transaction_explorer

It always shows "Domain not found," no matter what name I enter.

I mentioned this to a rep in a chat (about a week ago); they indicated that the issue would be forwarded to the appropriate team. I'm guessing it's not an easy fix or it simply doesn't work anymore.

•••
I think DAN’s Dashboard should add a “Pending Sale” function similar Afternic’s

This allows sellers to know whether there are buyers who pay attention to or try to buy a domain which has been set a buy now price. Some buyers will hesitate in the last step of payment. Various reasons may be that the domain is about to expire,the buyers wants to see if the seller will renew it

If there is such a function, as a seller, those domains that originally gave up renewal can change to renew to increase the sale probability

And, I know, some buyers chose "Start a conversation" on dan for inquiring whether the domain that has been set a buy now price can be cheaper. If there is, which domain should let the seller know for the same reason (renew or unrenew the domain)

•••
Came here to ask the same question. Although, I can't recall a time when it ever did.

https://dan.com/transaction_explorer

It always shows "Domain not found," no matter what name I enter.

I mentioned this to a rep in a chat (about a week ago); they indicated that the issue would be forwarded to the appropriate team. I'm guessing it's not an easy fix or it simply doesn't work anymore.
Hi @Bertrell,

Could you let me know which domain you are looking up that does not produce any results?

•••
Hi @Bertrell,

Could you let me know which domain you are looking up that does not produce any results?
Any/every name I enter shows that. AngryAF dot com, for instance. Or any of the names in my NP sig. Or any of the names that show as recently listed on my DAN dashboard.

I've tested this on multiple computers, browsers and from multiple locations.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-11-12 08-41-38.png
    Screenshot from 2021-11-12 08-41-38.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot from 2021-11-12 08-41-09.png
    Screenshot from 2021-11-12 08-41-09.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 104
•••
What do you all (Dan sellers) think of having the "Contact Seller" option instead of the "Make Offer" option on Dan landers?

BIN + Contact Seller
BIN + LTO + Contact Seller

Last edited:
•••
What do you all (Dan sellers) think of having the "Contact Seller" option instead of the "Make Offer" option on Dan landers?
Would love to see it. Very helpful for bin listings

•••
Any/every name I enter shows that. AngryAF dot com, for instance. Or any of the names in my NP sig. Or any of the names that show as recently listed on my DAN dashboard.

I've tested this on multiple computers, browsers and from multiple locations.
Good morning @betrell,

Thank you for your response.

Are any of the names that you have searched for under a rental or lease to own for example on our platform? When I search for Antiwet.com the following details are displayed.

Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 09.33.59.png

•••
•••
Good morning @betrell,

Thank you for your response.

Are any of the names that you have searched for under a rental or lease to own for example on our platform? When I search for Antiwet.com the following details are displayed.

Show attachment 204214
Hi,

Maybe I am using the tool incorrectly. If I have a domain listed in the DAN.com marketplace, should it show up if I enter it in that search field? The domain you entered also shows the same thing when I search for it, so it would appear that the tool is working.

Does a domain have to be leased or rented already before it shows up in the search? None of my domains listed on or off of the DAN marketplace show up when I enter the name and click search.

Thanks in advance!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back