Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The current bank wire option will remain available for users that do not want to use Payoneer. Our initial email was worded a bit too rigidly. Apologies for that.

Then why does my previously-used Bank Transfer section now display "Not Enabled" with the following message:

Bank Transfer payouts not enabled
Please connect a new or link an existing Payoneer account to receive fast & efficient local bank transfers. Click on the button “Register or link account” to complete the short onboarding and account linking.

Last edited:
•••
To address some confusion here:

1: Payoneer does not have a 2% payout fee. If you choose to get a payout from them in a different currency they charge conversion fees but no payout/withdrawal fees.

2: If you opt-in for Payoneer payouts your payouts will land in your account faster due to them sending the payout from a bank account (in most cases this can vary in some regions) based in your country.

3: For most users not based in the EU, when using Payoneer as preferred payout source no intermediary fees will be charged by your bank since the payment will be sent locally.

We spent a lot of dev resources to implement the Payoneer integration based on popular demand (check this thread alone with all the requests) and to solve some problems users faced with intermediary bank fees and or delayed receipt of payment due to Dan sending international wires.

We agree that the setting was introduced in a confusing way and that our initial email communicated a too rigid message.

We're deploying a settings fix today so you get two options for bank wires:

1: Bank wire sent by Dan (existing solution you're used to as Dan seller)
2: Bank wire sent by Payoneer (new optional solution)

If you do not wish to use Payoneer, you do not have to do anything. Your payouts will simply be sent to you via the normal Dan bank wire flow.

•••
Great!

Last edited:
•••
Thank you @DAN.COM for the Swift action to correct things :)

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good"
"Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
"

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk It will be much better if the fund goes straight to our payoneer account (Payoneer funds) instead of Bank Account. This is the method Brandbucket and Squadhelp adopted.
From our payoneer fund, we can now decide to withdraw to our bank account or use it to shop with our payoneer mastercard.

•••

1: Payoneer does not have a 2% payout fee. If you choose to get a payout from them in a different currency they charge conversion fees but no payout/withdrawal fees.

2: If you opt-in for Payoneer payouts your payouts will land in your account faster due to them sending the payout from a bank account (in most cases this can vary in some regions) based in your country.

3: For most users not based in the EU, when using Payoneer as preferred payout source no intermediary fees will be charged by your bank since the payment will be sent locally.

We spent a lot of dev resources to implement the Payoneer integration based on popular demand (check this thread alone with all the requests) and to solve some problems users faced with intermediary bank fees and or delayed receipt of payment due to Dan sending international wires.

We agree that the setting was introduced in a confusing way and that our initial email communicated a too rigid message.

If you do not wish to use Payoneer, you do not have to do anything. Your payouts will simply be sent to you via the normal Dan bank wire flow.

still not clear... so are u saying wire fees will be identical for dan wire and payoneer? putting aside eu or not. ty

•••

There we go:

1642773573532.png

You can now explicitly select the original bank payout flow.

Having said this, we do advise sellers to test Payoneer as we calculated that for 60% of our users, Payoneer would result in smoother and more cost-efficient payouts.

Last edited:
•••
That was quick DAN. Thanks. Appreciate your quick response.
Wen registrar?
Wen Backorder?
Wen Auction?

•••
Having said this, we do advise sellers to test Payoneer as we calculated that for 60% of our users, Payoneer would result in smoother and more cost-efficient payouts.
Indeed, with sellers in so many countries, every situation will be different. My situation, living in the same country where Dan.com is located, is probably relatively straightforward in terms of bank payouts. That's the main reason for me to choose the traditional form of bank transfers again. It has always worked pretty fine and extremely fast. Thanks again.

Last edited:
•••
Nice fix from @DAN.COM
I am supporting @blogspotter to make these your next milestone
Wen registrar?
Wen Backorder?
Wen Auction?

•••
I tried a payout to Payoneer from Sav, which got reverted at Payoneer's end.

I quote the exact words by the support agent, "Unfortunately, we could not accept this payment, and the payment has since been sent back to the person who originally attempted to make the payment to you. Please note that certain services or activities are restricted, such as Selling, transferring, and auctioning domains. Against our Terms and Conditions."

How come suddenly domaining is legalized in Payoneer world!!!

Attachments

• Payoneer.jpg
    Payoneer.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 74
•••
•••
@LaszloSchenk

https://www.payoneer.com/legal/restricted-businesses/
Domain related activity is prohibited according to their page:

Domain Hosting Services
  • Domain Hosting Services
  • Domain registration

To clarify this. Many domain sellers currently use Payoneer for managing their funds. We implemented Payoneer as a direct option for those users to avoid the issue mentioned in the above post. But also to solve the problems other Dan sellers had in the past when using a Payoneer bank account for Dan payouts.

Payoneer informed us that if we implement their MASS pay payout option, that funds will always settle without issues for those Dan users using Payoneer.

Long story short, no Dan seller should run into problems when requesting a payout directly to Payoneer via the new option introduced today.

We also have no special deal with Payoneer in place. We only introduced this additional option to solve problems that our users had in specific payout regions.

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk
Hey guys, with all due respect, aren't there upcoming features that are more important than this? I can't help but wonder why the time and effort was put into this project vs some other new feature(s) that could have been released first.

•••
We also have no special deal with Payoneer in place. We only introduced this additional option to solve problems that our users had in specific payout regions.

If this was actually the end goal, then your implementation of it (the email clearly stating Payoneer would be the ONLY way to send bank transfers + locking the bank transfer feature on Dan to either Payoneer or Not Enabled) was one of the worst ever.

Last edited:
•••

What a disappointment, good thing I didn't wait for this. If it's automatic Payoneer to bank, then might as well take the usual wires and skip the middleman that is Payoneer. Or use crypto and exchange locally.

The whole point for me using Payoneer is for their card so I don't have to deal with delays and horrible cutthroat exchange rates/fees from local banks each time I take my profits to buy more domains, so this new setup is just meh.

@LaszloSchenk

https://www.payoneer.com/legal/restricted-businesses/
Domain related activity is prohibited according to their page:

Domain Hosting Services
  • Domain Hosting Services
  • Domain registration
And this is new & worrying. Does that mean I now can't use my card to buy domains anymore?

•••

It would be much better to integrate Wise.com (TransferWise) instead of Payoneer to solve expensive bank fees.

•••
There we go:

Show attachment 208335
You can now explicitly select the original bank payout flow.

Logged in to say 'thank you' DAN for this belated addition. This makes things easier for us who've had positive experiences with Payoneer (been using them for 7 years.)

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
•••
Logged in to say 'thank you' DAN for this belated addition. This makes things easier for us who've had positive experiences with Payoneer (been using them for 7 years.)

Thanks for listening.

Came late to the party, huh?

•••
Where have you been the last couple years? Glad you can come back to give your “Thank you”.

My God…

•••
One question about delete expired domains automatically from DAN listing.
In my case when any one of my listing domains expired I don´t delete manual the domain from DAN list because the "dan robot" in some days delete it automatically and send me and e-mail similar to this:

------------------------
We have just deleted the following domains that had expired automatically from your account:
domain1.com
domain2.com
domain3.com

Please make sure you keep your portfolio up-to-date. Your Dan account might be suspended if you list domains you do not own and or do not keep your portfolio updated.

Thanks,
------------------------

About "Your Dan account might be suspended if you... do not keep your portfolio updated" ?
It´s real? Need to delete domain expired one by one?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes. Immediately when you decide to cancel a domain registration.
Pufff, is a hard work in manual mode if have a big portfolio.
I think, delete via Dan robot automatic is good and not have any other problem.

•••
I was looking forward for Payoneer payout integration feature but sad to see the way it's implemented. Only bank transfer option is available instead of withdrawal to Payoneer wallet. SquadHelp, BrandBucket all have Payoneer wallet integration so sellers get payment directly to their Payoneer account balnce and from there they can do whatever they want like make payment, purchase using Payoneer card or withdraw to bank account.

I don't see much difference between Dan default bank transfer and Payoneer bank transfer. Payoneer will charge $3 per withdraw and further 1-2% currency conversion fee. Both payout option will result seller getting their payment in their bank account. No significant changes.
The Payoneer integration should be 100%. like sellers gets payout to their PayPal wallet, crypto wallet and Payoneer wallet.

•••
I'm so glad, I wasn't the only one, who thinks the initial payoneer move was bad.

otherwise, you would have simply ignored the request.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back