NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. DAN.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace Dan.com Staff VIP Gold Account

Not yet. We don't have enough data yet to make a proper conclusion but plan to show the average conversion ratio, per theme we offer. We currently offer just 2 themes, but by December 2021 we'll probably offer 4-5 different themes tailored towards different portfolio needs.

In combination with the new Categories feature, you can then for example use a different theme with different settings per domain category list that you've created.

About the chat widget, we can only show that widget when you enable this setting:

upload_2021-7-23_14-47-37.png
    Due to the pricing model of Intercom. They do not allow us to host that widget on multiple domains and so we cannot use it on externally parked names.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. sircc

sircc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Ah yes, I missed that setting. Thank you.

3. sircc

sircc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi Jurgen, it was actually my fault. I overlooked a setting in the account page.

4. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

No problems.
    I'm talking from the visitor's side.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  5. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

so do you agree, that proper German is a must-have?

6. noneisnone

noneisnone 444 VIP

love the consistency from frank lol his suggestion doesn't seem outrageous no idea why you guys choose to dismiss it ^^

7. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

I understand you want to use dan but just move on. Youve been asking for this for like 2 years lol..

8. tomcarl

tomcarl Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I noticed that the default sorting display in viewing someone's portfolio is 'Relevance' which is basically displaying domains by length, short - long first, with my names anyway.

Wondering if this can be changed to display Popularity / Most visited domains by default instead, if not, I think it might be a good customizable setting to implement in the future.

I'd like my buyers / leads to see what's getting the most traffic at first glance when they click on "Show more domains" because not everyone's shorter domains make sense to the common buyer and have targeted endusers vs. what's attracting more clicks.

Something to consider.

9. lovely4ever

lovely4ever Established Member

Recently since the new version of dan 2.0 , i start receiving traffic from domains i deleted it long time ago from my portfolio . ( could be bot traffic or any )
    in google analytics showing like below image without domain names , but when i am digging to check the hostname i found out thay are domains that deleted from long time .

If i delete any domain from portfolio , it should not appear any type of traffic in google analytics even if the new owner didnt change the nameserver and the dan TXT record still exist .
    but this issue wasnt before , but i recognize happening only recently with the new version of DAN 2.0 .

Please do the needful to find solutions for such issues .

dan 99.PNG

dan 100.PNG

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  10. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

It's possible that there are still cached or archived versions of your website landers available on the web. These versions may still include your custom Google Analytics code, and you may see visitors in Google Analytics while they don't actually visit a Dan hosted property. Lots of crawlers and bots, too.

If this is indeed the case, then Dan 1.0, 2.0 and even 3.0 can't do anything about it, it's beyond their control. All websites using Google Analytics, Adsense, or any other comparable code have to deal with these archived and cached versions.

I would not worry about it too much, as long as you're sure the domains have been properly removed from your Dan account.

11. King

King Investor & Creator VIP Gold Account

I think the currency icon should be autoselected based on the default currency selected under portfolio settings. Having to manually click USD again is a bit tedious and it makes my portfolio view look like this at times :xf.confused:

chrome_ZTBls88eNS.png

12. astrade

astrade Established Member

Is it only me or the dan.com appears to be down?

EDIT: I've checked from multiple locations, so it's not a specific country problem.

[​IMG]

13. asdomar

asdomar Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I was going to write the same. It's down.

14. NLP

NLP Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Down here, too. None of my domains that are parked there will load.

15. dande

dande Scan to Send LTC VIP

Dan is down. What is going on? Has anyone got a feedback from them?

16. astrade

Up and running again. Happy they fixed it in 20 minutes on weekend...

17. dande

Not really. Still down in my location (Dubai)

18. astrade

All green for me. Dubai as well. Try clearing your cache.

Attached Files:

19. dande

Yes. Up and running now. And seems faster than before. Was this as a result of upgrade? Then Dan should have informed us in advance.

20. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

And again.
    For those, who quote only what they use for their trolling.

21. Domainication

Domainication Established Member

I totally agree with frank. I am native german too and the text translations need an upgrade to the correct german grammar. This is very necessary because it could scare some german buyers away as it looks a bit scamy and unserious with that texts/translations.

22. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

I tried reading the thread, but I either missed the answer or it wasn't there, but:

Has Dan gotten rid of standard Installment Payments and replaced it with Lease to Own?

I remember them "adding" Lease to Own early last year to the existing Installment Plan, but I cannot seem to find any way to enable Installments... has this option been deleted in Dan 2.0 or I am missing a setting?

And before anyone chimes in, these are two very different payment methods, in terms of cost, implementation, potential for brand damage, etc..

23. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Yes, one of the previous three options seems to be gone.

In Dan 1.0 this was referred to as the "old model", I believe.

24. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

well... prev option was called old model.. upto 12mo instalment.

now it's gone but u can still give buyer 12mo no extra fee instalement.. under this lease.

so.its same thing.

25. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

Wow, more bad news, as I previously used Installment Payments, but was quite surprised to see "Lease to Own" plastered all over my listings, all without any notice of the changes.

Dan really needs to think about the repercussions of their beta testing in production, as I had no idea my Installments were now Lease to Own and there was no email or notification for this rather drastic change.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice