Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
upload_2021-7-15_21-35-25.png

Last edited:
•••
I replied to someone who mentioned this on Twitter. I just paid a 3% convenience fee to pay for a domain name I bought with a credit card on Sedo this morning. I believe GoDaddy adds a credit card fee above a certain amount as well.
Yeah, I understand. But not having to pay a surcharge when using a credit card was a definite advantage. Easier for a buyer to just pull out their credit card and make the purchase... vs thinking twice about it due to the extra charge or having to deal with a wire transfer. Not a deal killer, just not quite as good.

•••
•••
Inspired by things @Peak.Domains mentioned elsewhere on NamePros, I too think that the font weight for the domain name is way too heavy.

There's are lighter variant available, which may look better.

Screenshot_20210715-223206_Chrome.jpg

•••
https://dan.com/users/revenue
and Dashboard.
EUR sales are still (for years) displayed and counted as USD sales (default account currency).
Ex.: 585 EUR = 585 USD

So only cosmetics, except non-public minimum offer (the only one change with real impact).

Last edited:
•••
As for me (23" 1080p 96dpi screen), previous control panel design was more friendly for eyes and more readable.

•••
As for me (23" 1080p 96dpi screen), previous control panel design was more friendly for eyes and more readable.

Agree 100%. The old control panel / portfolio overview used darker colors (more contrast) and made better use of precious screen space.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I understand. But not having to pay a surcharge when using a credit card was a definite advantage. Easier for a buyer to just pull out their credit card and make the purchase... vs thinking twice about it due to the extra charge or having to deal with a wire transfer. Not a deal killer, just not quite as good.
I agree. In a perfect world, Dan will analyze abandoned shopping carts to understand how much this added fee impacts sales.

•••
Over the past few months, I've been testing "the new ns5/ns6 BIN Landers" for 90% of my domains for a while. I have confidence in Dan 2.0 and have started to move back the top 10% highest priced domains in my portfolio. Will probably move back more batches to Dan very soon. Overall, Dan still offers the best management, clean landers, and some of the lowest fees in the industry. I'm sure bugs will get resolved, Dan has a great team. And they're Dutch (y)

Last edited:
•••
Overall, Dan still offers the best management, clean landers, and some of the lowest fees in the industry.
I am very happy with Dan overall. But I don't like the new 2% credit card surcharge.

•••
Is the buyers country and IP address no longer displayed? I no longer see the country flag icon on the offer page.

•••
I am very happy with Dan overall. But I don't like the new 2% credit card surcharge.
$1000 ---> $1020
Its nothing, its more convenient for them, better for us, let it be.

•••
@DAN.COM
Maybe it's only on my 1280x720 screen, but it seems like the section where all the payment options are displayed is too big. It can't even fit on the screen.
Also, it seems like it's something wrong with the font of "Buy now", "Lease to own", "Make Offer". And I also agree with some users on the fact that the font of the domain name itself is too bold.

Regarding currency conversion, let's take the amount of $50 000 as an example, it's equivalent to 1 370 000 UAH or 3 720 000 Russian rubles or 21 300 000 KZT. It can scare away some potential buyers since it immediately gives the feeling that the amount of money is insane.

Anyway, the one from my 2nd screenshot, which I found on your website, looks much better, it seems more compact, and the font is good in this one.

And the last. Is it possible to add the opportunity to manually chose domains for the section "Popular domains from this seller"? I mean choosing additional names for each particular domain. E.g. if I owned Tree.com, Trees.com, Trees.io, I would want the plural and the .io versions, plus a few similar domains to be displayed on the same landing page, since all these names are very similar and buyers might be interested in them as well.

Dan2.0_1.png
Dan2.0_2.png

•••
On the domain lander, prices are displayed as 5,000. While ordering, this becomes 5,000.00.

Please remove the unnecessary and confusing .00

•••
I can't understand the web design obsession with adding negative space to every margin and border. It's getting ridiculous.

•••
For sellers clicking on the dan.com logo in their dashboard, make the destination url the dashboard, not dan.com main page.

•••
I suggest removing the trust pilot rating as a lot of people look at a 4.7 of 5 as bad especially if they plan on spending a few k.

At least let domain owners decide if they want that trust pilot tag.

HugeDomains lists a big testimonials page of recent sales, testimonials help and im sure a ton of people have great experiences with Dan every day.

All HD landers show some testimonials and link to a very big list of recent testimonials https://www.hugedomains.com/testimonials.cfm

•••
testimonials help and im sure a ton of people have great experiences with Dan every day.
@DAN.COM having a feed of recent testimonials with dates shown will only help.
Like same day testimonials, many of them.

•••
Why not show the minimum make offer price permanently like before? In the old Dan when a buyer submits their make offer price and clicks the make offer button they would be shown min offer is $100, $500 dollars etc.

Now when they make an offer and its not the minimum you get a message saying your offer doesn't meet the seller's minimum offer without actually showing the min offer.

So buyers could type in minimum offer several times and guessing what it could be and in the end they will get fed up and leave.

In my opinion many potential offers and sales are going to be lost like this.

Nah, it's a strategy and is actually a premium option at some places like Flippa, this way they may enter a higher offer than your minimum. It should stay this way.

Last edited:
•••
This should be fixed now!

Can you please fix the "Unknown" bug?

I am using Private VPN and the region I selected is Australia. Instead of the currency "AUD" it is showing "Unknown"

upload_2021-7-16_9-54-24.png

•••
Seller's notes about domainname.com at bottom of page. Domain name is not camel cased.
It would also look better.
If sellers made there notes in this format.
Rather than having a sentence. Then another sentence describing the advatages of owning that domain name. Space the sentences out like above, I am watcing and learning.
Looks great so far
Fix unknown
Love option to change colour thanksfs

•••
Is the buyers country and IP address no longer displayed? I no longer see the country flag icon on the offer page.
I see it from my end.

•••
For sellers clicking on the dan.com logo in their dashboard, make the destination url the dashboard, not dan.com main page.
When I click it it takes me to the dashboard.

•••
On Sedo sales above $500 are charged to the buyer with additional 3% for CC/PayPal methods.
It is there for many years.

Tried for the price $300 (final price - $306 with CC)

2.png

@DAN.COM Was it the same before 2.0?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back