IT.COM

.cx and .gy rapidly emerging Chinese interest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BigBusiness

Established Member
Impact
I own a decent chunk of domains I registered recently and not so recently in the .cx and .gy extensions.

I am now getting emails daily about purchasing specific domains I own for $500 buy it now, but I know if I hold out they are worth a lot more.

So far 26.cx and mao.cx have each received a few offers for direct purchase.

Anyone else own these extensions receiving purchase offers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looking at .CX and it appears most NNN and NNNN were bought up in late November. Hard to find anything. Lowest reg fee seems to be at DomainMonster, about $35. Is Domain Monster good as a registrar?

•••
•••
I had their account in past. They are ok to use.

•••
A lot of the .cx NNN and NNNN seem to be bought up by one or two Chinese people.

•••
Even many good NNNNN.cx are taken. With repeat 8's, etc.

•••
Hello,
I have just bought two ".gy" domains, not to sell them to Chinese but to registrars :)
My two domains are:
Get(.)gy
Register(.)gy
What do you think ?

•••
For your information: the price in united domains = 10 x price in domain monster !!! Don't buy .gy from United domains

•••
•••
•••
•••
.cx does not seem bad but price is kind high. I am not sure about .gy / .gg ?

•••
I only bought one .gy, QK.gy

•••
•••
•••
•••
I only bought one .gy, QK.gy

I also own only one. VN.GY .. when I noticed the thread about it, only LL's with v's were available and I felt that 'VN' is the best. Will put it on 4.cn.

•••
I also own only one. VN.GY .. when I noticed the thread about it, only LL's with v's were available and I felt that 'VN' is the best. Will put it on 4.cn.
Excellent! Let me know how it goes.

•••
•••
•••
My 2 cents,

With these types of 2 character ccTLDs, I'm sticking to only 2L, 2N, or extremely good keywords. Also if the regfee is above $20 then I stay away. Many of these have high xx regfees and I think some domainers are falling into traps assuming that because they are short, they will be good investments.

I've had trouble finding .cx and .gy for a decent regfee, so I've stuck to other 2 character ccTLDs that are cheaper.

•••
•••
0.gy sold for 1370 on 4.cn @ 30-12-2015

•••
•••
JOBS.GY

Please PM if you are interested.

•••
With the Chinese stock market acting more like a rodeo than an investment tool I anticipate huge gains this year for the Chinese domain market. I own a solid chunk of NN and LL both .cx and .gy. I can afford to lose 100% of what I invested so I am holding out for high value art-like offers over just taking a quick score and run.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back