Domain Empire

discuss .GY - The Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I didn't see an official thread for .GY domains so I thought I would start one. I recently purchased my first .GY domain. I tend to like ccTLDs versus gTLDs.

My first .gy purchase was QK.gy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i had many offers for high xxx$, but i was expecting lower xxxx$.

i think single letter domains with .xx type extensions deserves at-least 1000$

•••
i had many offers for high xxx$, but i was expecting lower xxxx$.

i think single letter domains with .xx type extensions deserves at-least 1000$
Absolutely...I was surprised you sold it now but I am happy for you. Now you can buy more!

•••
I have LL.gy domains. What are the values of those Ritesh?

•••
•••
•••
well, congratulations! Do you have other single character domains for sale?

•••
.gy and .cx are costly extension to book, any cheap option available

•••
Lowest I've seen is $35 at DomainMonster.

.CX has already been heavily bought in NNN and NNNN

•••
Lowest I've seen is $35 at DomainMonster.

.CX has already been heavily bought in NNN and NNNN
So, can we say that .cx is going to be next .cc?

•••
I'm hoping .ch or .cz will be the next .cc or even the next .co

.co has had a good year for short domains.

•••
•••
.cx has fewer registrars and reg fee in some places is up to $100. Not sure how easy it is to transfer or push .cx, anyone tried yet?

If there were good 3N and 4N still available and reg fee was lower I'd consider getting some. It will probably take off since I didn't buy any -lol.

•••
.GY has still many gems there including NNN or LLL plenty of choices as of now.

•••
•••
Really do not understand the future of .gy?
I like .gy because it allowed for LL domains. I got one and I'm happy. I also bought some LL.al. I predict that all LL and NN domains will be valuable far beyond reg fee.

•••
.GY is too risky for me, unless you could get NN or LL. I don't see the tie to China, cheapest reg is $35 and fewer registrars than other extensions.

I can see possibilities for .CX, .CH, .CZ to China, since they buy .COM, .CC and even .CO has bumped up.

Personally I'd only reg NNN and LLL that I see having a chance of catching on in China. But maybe .GY will catch on in China, who is to say?

•••
As to .gy NNN and LLL...I am not doing that yet. I am betting on .ch for those.

•••
I wanted some LL so I bought:

QK.gy
YU.al
XQ.al
KX.al

I paid $20-$50 for each. I know I will profit on them.

•••
As to .gy NNN and LLL...I am not doing that yet. I am betting on .ch for those.
Ok, So if I am right the strategy should be gp for .GY only with Ultra Premium and Premium, otherwise .CH, CZ, CX are better bets

•••
I wanted some LL so I bought:

QK.gy
YU.al
XQ.al
KX.al

I paid $20-$50 for each. I know I will profit on them.
What is the Reg fees for .al and where it belongs to

•••
That's what I would do. And with .ch, .cz and .cx I would try to stick to LLL. Nothing longer.

•••
.al is for Albania. You can reg at Host.AL

Price is good, 12.99 or something like that. There are only NL left

•••
ch and cx should rank higher on chart but most of ultra-premiums already taken.

•••
Am lil bit wary of having vovels in extension. Watching .io has not taken successful flight in china because of its vovel content despite performing extra-ordinarily elsewhere... my take.

•••
Ok, So if I am right the strategy should be gp for .GY only with Ultra Premium and Premium, otherwise .CH, CZ, CX are better bets

You have to decide yourself, only saying my advice and what I'm doing.

.cx is the most expensive to reg and lots taken already, and fewer registrars carry it.

.ch and .cz are both available at Godaddy, and cost less to reg than .cx

.ch has no NNN chips available, and more of the premium pattern NNNN are taken (though you can still get ABAA patterns for some numbers).

.cz still has about 100 NNN chips available as of yesterday, and really good NNNN pattern chips available (like ABAB, ABBB, and ones that end in 88)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back