Domain Empire

Current NNN.COM values

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Just to get some insight from my fellow Namepro'ers...what are the current NNN.com values (especially with repeat numbers)?
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think $3.5-$6k is the range i think,

More obviously for super duper combos , when the sky is the limit

•••
arnie said:
I think $3.5-$6k is the range i think,

More obviously for super duper combos , when the sky is the limit

Thanks Arnie! :)

•••
More like $5K-$8K I think. Good luck.

•••
Have there actually been any NNN.com sales in the past 12 months? I may be wrong, but if so, this makes the value completely speculative.

•••
gooster said:
Have there actually been any NNN.com sales in the past 12 months? I may be wrong, but if so, this makes the value completely speculative.

of course
they go on all the time. on other forums too
not as many as LLL , but then there are less
i'll dig some out in abit

•••
From the 3character price guide, the industry standard:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of Number combo) as of October 1, 2007::

* 3-Number .com - $6000

So yes, for the worst of numbers (4, 6) and combos, you can expect $6k minimum, and anyone who actually sells any NNN.com for 6k is a pretty good buy, IMO.
NNN.com sales are much more rare than LLL.com because of their rarity, which compels most domainers to hold them

•••
sashas said:
From the 3character price guide, the industry standard:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of Number combo) as of October 1, 2007::

* 3-Number .com - $6000

So yes, for the worst of numbers (4, 6) and combos, you can expect $6k minimum, and anyone who actually sells any NNN.com for 6k is a pretty good buy, IMO.
NNN.com sales are much more rare than LLL.com because of their rarity, which compels most domainers to hold them

I have never understood where this "worst numbers" comes from. If I had the choice of 937 (apparently all premium) or 462 (almost composed entirely of "bad" numbers) I would definitely choose the latter because it looks nicer. I think it is fair to assess letters because of their relevancy and frequency, but with numbers, unless it signifies something special such as 911 or 999, it seems somewhat ridiculous.

•••
gooster said:
I have never understood where this "worst numbers" comes from. If I had the choice of 937 (apparently all premium) or 462 (almost composed entirely of "bad" numbers) I would definitely choose the latter because it looks nicer. I think it is fair to assess letters because of their relevancy and frequency, but with numbers, unless it signifies something special such as 911 or 999, it seems somewhat ridiculous.

The number 4 sounds like the word Death in China and many other countries, I've been told. Seeing as 1/4 of the world is Chinese, maybe a good idea to stay away from. Other than that, I agree.

•••
There's a lot more to it than just NNN & special numbers too like 777, 666
There is a great thread in DNF numeric section called 'Guide to Numeric Domains'

I have posted some of it below. It is an education.
The user is 'sevent', awesome his knowledge on Numeric domains.
Yes Reece, you are spot on, the asian market is huge for numbers & '4' is a BAD number.
"
Because I've received so many general questions about numeric domain names, I thought I'd share some general information and thoughts on the subject. If the response is favorable to this I'll write a “Part 2” in another couple weeks.

Why invest in numeric domain names?
If you want to make lots of money as a domain name investor, one of the most important things to keep in mind is that you are constantly making decisions based on imperfect knowledge. Every purchase or sale you make is based on what might happen to the price and salability of a domain name in the future, and like all futures these are unknown.

Given this, the serious domain investor should be doing more than picking a few random names that seem like good values and then parking or flipping them. What you need is an investment plan. That plan can certainly include non-numeric domains, but here’s why I think any domain investing plan should include at least some money for numeric domains:

* Pure numeric domains are immune to fads and cycles -- 528.com will still have value long after the BMW 528i is forgotten, but the new owners of WirelessPhones.com better get their $355k back before the term “wireless phones” seem as antiquated as “Videocassette recorders”.
* It seems like even generic names are the subject of Trademark disputes these. And the more value domains have, the more companies will try to use the law to take yours from you. Numeric domains have the benefit of being immune from such actions.
* Numeric domains are relatively scarce and short numerics will never become more plentiful. Compared with LLL (three letter domains), NNN’s are about 17 times rarer. Compared with LLLL, NNNN’s are 45 times rarer! New words come into our languages and cultures all the time, but there will never be more than 1000 NNN names in any TLD.
* There is now a strong, *liquid* market for NNN.com, NNNN.com and NNN.net domains. The liquid part is VERY important. It means that, no matter what numeric name you have, you can sell it quickly at any moment for low reseller price. Only LLL.com and short, generic words have the same long-term liquid market. By contrast everyone might agree that “RawSewage.com” is a 6 figure domain, but selling it for even 5 figures would take significant effort and good timing.

All numbers have meaning
A common complaint about numeric domains is that they don’t mean anything. Maybe a particular number doesn’t mean anything *to you*, but for the domain investor what a domain name means to you is irrelevant. Your goal is to purchase names that have importance to somebody, either to lots of people or a few people with lots of money. Chances are any given (short) number will have strong meaning to millions of people. Here’s why:

Numeric domains are true International names. They have meaning to everyone in all countries. By picking a domain name with universal meaning your potential market expands by a factor of at lest 5 times over any other language-specific domain.

We use numbers to represent a huge variety of things:

* Area codes
* Phone numbers
* Zip codes
* Lucky numbers
* Radio and TV stations
* Prices
* Pronounceable words in some Asian languages.
* Car models
* Special meanings (666, 13, 420)
* “Words” on mobile devices (ie. “fly” is 359 on a telephone keypad).
* Addresses
* Businesses use numbers as part of their name all the time (“Level 27 clothing”, “Hinez 57 varieties”, “club 200”)

How many numerics should I own?
The more the better. Really. Beyond their baseline reseller value, numeric domains can be like little lottery tickets. Four years ago the domain 1031.com could probably be bought for the cost of a nice dinner out. Now that billions are invested in 1031 Tax code real estate sales, the same domain is worth an easy 6 figures. This is no isolated incident. Every year hundreds of numbers acquire important meanings to somebody based on new laws, regulations, events and so on. All domains can have this same “lottery ticket” quality, but your chances of hitting the jackpot if you own 1/100th of all NNNN.com names is much greater than with 100 random domains.

Owning a large quantity of numeric domains can also give you the patience to wait for a good offer. Not every numeric domain is going to get a good offer every week, but if you have enough numeric names you’ll get at least one decent offer every few weeks. Instead of looking at your one NNNN.com name and wondering when it will sell, you could sell one NNNN.com a week at the price you want.
"

There is a lot more info in the thread & other threads in the section.
I actually think this forum would benefit from a 'Numeric Section'
Reece? would you be able to suggest.
Apologies if you have one & i haven't seen :)

•••
3-Number .com more than USD $8000.

chinese dont like number 4 because sounds like the word Death.
number 8 is the lucky number.

•••
I think like skylineleong,
NNN.coms should sell for $8 -10K
if it has meaning - $25K

•••
$6-7k for bad names starting with '0'
$10k+ for decent numbers

Peter.. you got some nice names there, i4.com :gn: you should know ;)

~MG

•••
Michael_Goldman said:
$10k+ for decent numbers

~MG

Thanks MG!...and Thanks EVERYONE for all the education on NNN.COM's...I see I can always count on my fellow Namepro'ers! :tu:

•••
Michael_Goldman said:
$10k+ for decent numbers

~MG

Yeah, thanks Michael, i was a little behind times, the basic a mount is a bit more than i thought.

The really great numbers cannot be put a price on though. They're like great generics, whatever the buyer wants to pay & what happens on day.

I mean, how much is 123.com worth????? Even just as a domain???? :sold:

•••
Ok, how about an X0X.COM (all numbers, of course, with "0" in the middle)?
Also, does the 4 hurt my i4.COM ("eye for") value???

•••
How many NNNNN.com domains are left?

Hi all, this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about how many NNNNN.com domains are left. I did a few bulk searches on godaddy.com for these, and it looks like, based on averages, that about 85% of NNNNN.com domains have been taken, which means there are about 15,000 left out of a total of 100,000. Does anyone know at what rate these are being registered, or how one could find out? Also, do you think values for these domains will spike if and when they are all registered, as did the LLLL.com domains? I was thinking they might even be more valuable than LLLL.com domains, since there are only 100,000 total numeric possibilities for NNNNN.com domains and there are about 450,000 for LLLL.com domains. It also looks like numerical domains are much higher search terms than I would have thought, just looking at google ad words. It seems people type these in a lot, does that mean type-in traffic associated with these domains? Thanks!

•••
i grabbed 739.com.au in my country code (australia) spells sex on phonepad

i wish it was .com !!!!!!! ......... oh well

•••
I sold 545 for $11k and 494 for $9k within the last month or two if that sheds any light. Wholesale is around $7k and most are going for around $8k on the forums unless the number is really meaningful or there is a repeat.

Make sure to read up on numbers in the Chinese culture. It would seem that the Chinese are buying up a lot of these domains and actually developing them, so resellers are taking that into account when making an investment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture

•••
•••
evirtual1 said:
i grabbed 739.com.au in my country code (australia) spells sex on phonepad

i wish it was .com !!!!!!! ......... oh well

Don't you need to have an Australian company set up to get a .com.au?

•••
edjackiel said:
Don't you need to have an Australian company set up to get a .com.au?

yes i have an australian business number , they ask for this in the application

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back