Dynadot

Crypto Domains, do they still look good ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should you still invest in Crypto domains and renew the existing domains ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    75.7%
  • No

votes
    24.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I am talking about domain names containing the keywords:

Crypto
Coin
Bit
Wallet
Chain
and few other crypto related terms, etc.

Is the demand still there, anyone noticing any increase in their offers/traffic ? Also, do you think its worth holding them for another couple of years ?

As for myself, seen quite a fall in their demand starting 2019 till now.

2017-2018 seemed to be the golden era for them, imo.

Looking forward to your views on the same.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Chain seems to have slowed. IMO

•••
•••
Chain seems to have slowed. IMO

You are talking about only those domains with "chain" in them or specifically, "blockchain", "holochain", etc ?

•••
I am guessing the next bomb is about 2023, there should have a killer app that comes out, now the blockchain environment is bad 70% of dapps and coins on the market are being there for ripping people off.

•••
You are talking about only those domains with "chain" in them or specifically, "blockchain", "holochain", etc ?
I'm referring to domains with chain in it.

•••
I was offered $100,000 in btc 2 weeks ago for a “crypto” domain.

•••

You're sure that's a real offer? I get 100K offers on crypto names on a regular basis but it usually looks like a scam.

•••
You're sure that's a real offer? I get 100K offers on crypto names on a regular basis but it usually looks like a scam.
Lol of course.

He got a lawyer involved because of the logistics. For me the domain is worth much more so it’s a no go.

•••

Through Dan or direct offers ?

•••
Congratulations. Thanks for such inspiring info.

•••
Through Dan or direct offers ?

Direct offers. Always getting a lawyer involved for 'logistics' etc. Too many red flags for my taste. That's why I asked Keith if he thinks that was a real offer.

•••
Direct offers. Always getting a lawyer involved for 'logistics' etc. Too many red flags for my taste. That's why I asked Keith if he thinks that was a real offer.

Thanks for the info.

May I know your current Portfolio size Only in Crypto domains - means how many Crypto domains do you hold each ?

@NameDeck @Keith @myfavorite @slader23 @Jimmysun and others ?

I will start with mine. I had around 600 Crypto domain names till the end of 2018, all quality (well according to me) amounting to be the biggest collection of Crypto domains (with literally the word "Crypto" in there for most of my domain names).

•••
I don’t blame him for wanting a lawyer. Once the btc is sent there is no recourse on his end. That said, the domain is worth more...

•••
I don’t blame him for wanting a lawyer. Once the btc is sent there is no recourse on his end. That said, the domain is worth more...

Yeah that's the downside of BTC payments. Good luck with the name!

•••
Thanks for the info.

May I know your current Portfolio size Only in Crypto domains - means how many Crypto domains do you hold each ?

@NameDeck @Keith @myfavorite @slader23 @Jimmysun and others ?

I will start with mine. I had around 600 Crypto domain names till the end of 2018, all quality (well according to me) amounting to be the biggest collection of Crypto domains (with literally the word "Crypto" in there for most of my domain names).

I just hold about a dozen so not that many really. Not my niche but decided to buy some on the aftermarket when it got somewhat popular. It payed off and that's all that matters in the end.

•••
Where do you sell them?

I currently own several .coms with:

bitcoin + keyword
crypto (brandable)

•••
Where do you sell them?

bitcoin + keyword
crypto (brandable)

List on all available marketplaces and make sure they all resolve to forsale landing pages. If the name is good enough, outbound is also possible.

•••
List on all available marketplaces and make sure they all resolve to forsale landing pages. If the name is good enough, outbound is also possible.
Thanks!

•••
Where do you sell them?

bitcoin + keyword
crypto (brandable)

Agree with Slader23, however, for Crypto domains one thing to remember is, its mostly a reseller market so far. I have sold crypto .com domains in high figs but later discovered the domains were infact bought by a reseller who further put it on a sale landing page.

1. List on Afternic, thats the best way to get exposure

2. Put on a good landing page like that of Uni or Dan

3. Rest list at all other marketplaces

If you have some brandables too, like you said, try listing at Brandable marketplaces like SH or BP or BB.

Hope this helps!

•••
I just hold about a dozen so not that many really. Not my niche but decided to buy some on the aftermarket when it got somewhat popular. It payed off and that's all that matters in the end.

Completely agree with this statement - It payed off and that's all that matters in the end.

Moreover, when you hold less number of domains in a niche, you are actually in a mode to gain rather than lose in the long term.

I actually feel delighted to see my remaining Crypto portfolio now, after several drops and sales out of them!

•••

That's a good name, very practical.

•••
So, the same domain got an offer for $50,000 via a broker at uniregistry today. I haven’t even listed there, someone else did :)

•••
So, the same domain got an offer for $50,000 via a broker at uniregistry today. I haven’t even listed there, someone else did :)

That sounds great. I am presuming it’s a two word domain with the second word being an important keyword related to crypto...just guessing. Anyways, best of luck with this domain!

•••
Back