Domain Empire

Creating your own landing pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
Recently, I received some inquiries on 2 of my domains through landing pages at a top registrar (won't mention which one as it isn't important). The offers were not too bad but I felt that as the inquiry was routed to a broker, after the 20% commission, the offer did not seem enough to warrant the sale. After a bit the deal went cold.

I couldn't help but feel that since the inquiry came from a landing page, that I could have easily handled this deal myself and kept the 20% commission as well as having a lot more time to interact with the inquirer and possibly strike a deal. Whereas the broker was most likely handling multiple inquiries at a time and allowed the deal to grow cold.

I wanted to try out my own landing page for one of my more premium domains and I wanted to get your thoughts on whether a landing page like this one is a good idea. If you could provide some feedback on what you think is good or bad about this lander and whether it is better to stick with a landing page provided by one of the big players like Uni, Sedo, Undeveloped etc. Landing page is below - it looks better on PC (moving background) but it still works well on mobile.

I personally like it as it is engaging, allows you to inquire immediately by clicking a button and filing a form but also gives the buyer information on the domain name and its potential if they wish to read on. Furthermore, I have chat functionality on there so if they have any questions that can chat to me in realtime. The form also goes to 2 of my email addresses so less likely that inquiries will be missed. But is this all too much?

Please keep comments to the point and this is about the landing page not the domain itself so do not start a side discussion about the domain.

Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!

thanks,

CK

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just my $.02, your thought flow may take a different path..

Both your links didn't work for me. I agree with everything you have said. But I am going to add a small section as to why this is the domain they should buy. But I agree with you that by the mere fact that they have typed the domain into their browser, to see what comes up. Everything but For Sale and Contact Form are not essential. I would also like the make the page attractive, rather than ugly. I think that also helps.

•••
Both your links didn't work for me.

Stu,

are you in China now? :)

..blocked some spammy Chinese IPs
maybe was a little too aggressive with ranges
should work now

•••
Stu,

are you in China now? :)

..blocked some spammy Chinese IPs
maybe was a little too aggressive with ranges
should work now

I live in Asia but nowhere near China. I got a little bit further than last time. But got the same result. Now my avast software said both websites were infected with a virus, before the link failed :( So, I think you should forget about trying to fix these links just for me :) That's not because of possible infection, it's because I don't want to cause you anymore work.

•••
I live in Asia but nowhere near China. I got a little bit further than last time. But got the same result. Now my avast software said both websites were infected with a virus, before the link failed

strange... serving nothing there except plain html, css, png, google fonts and analytics

checked with www.virustotal.com and a couple other online scanners
..nothing found

avast often gives you a lot of false positives
maybe need to update the virus definitions

:(

•••
strange... serving nothing there except plain html, css, png, google fonts and analytics

checked with www.virustotal.com and a couple other online scanners
..nothing found

avast often gives you a lot of false positives
maybe need to update the virus definitions

:(

My database was up to date. But my version was not up to date. Updated. Rebooted. But still the same problem. I am aware that avast can give some false positives sometimes. Which is why I'm not to bothered about it. But something must be wrong somewhere. For it to give false-positive readings for both websites.

•••
•••
How about these three landing page? :xf.cool:
Perfect, all three. Easy to see what's going on, easy to contact you. Some of the font is a little too funky for my tastes, but that's what makes us all unique, right?

@4pm no issues loading up your landers on my end.. stub must have some killer security going on or something..

•••
@4pm a minimalist landing page

CBDCrackdown.com

CBDCrackdown_com.jpg

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••

Attachments

• Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 159
•••
•••
Look more like a website that a sales lander.

Nice. Short and to the point. You really should have Google Recaptcha on it though.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
TallyHemp.com

Cheers
Corey

Corey,

you still need to make it more mobile friendly, imho

126396_720a3b63f5cfe6c2c7d835408ddff909.png

you can always check how a page looks on mobile via browser Developer Tools.

The above screenshot was made in Chrome / Developer Tools / Toggle Device toolbar / Iphone 5

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 14.34.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 14.34.17.png
    25 KB · Views: 160
•••
•••
this is what happens when you are uncertain as to which font fits better...

QEQY

..then just cycle thru the whole pile! :)

•••
@4pm the title in the browser bar didn't give you a clue?....

That's odd, my browser bar only says this and nothing else: Not Secure balmain.homes

•••
Made a few changes to Balmain.homes

Cheers
Corey

•••
Reposting my landing page: https://carprices.app

Apparently it's against the rules to mention links in your signature. So DON"T look there for the source code of my free landing page if you want to use it or something.

•••
•••
THCflavors.com

thcflavors_com.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back