IT.COM

Creating your own landing pages

NameSilo
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
Recently, I received some inquiries on 2 of my domains through landing pages at a top registrar (won't mention which one as it isn't important). The offers were not too bad but I felt that as the inquiry was routed to a broker, after the 20% commission, the offer did not seem enough to warrant the sale. After a bit the deal went cold.

I couldn't help but feel that since the inquiry came from a landing page, that I could have easily handled this deal myself and kept the 20% commission as well as having a lot more time to interact with the inquirer and possibly strike a deal. Whereas the broker was most likely handling multiple inquiries at a time and allowed the deal to grow cold.

I wanted to try out my own landing page for one of my more premium domains and I wanted to get your thoughts on whether a landing page like this one is a good idea. If you could provide some feedback on what you think is good or bad about this lander and whether it is better to stick with a landing page provided by one of the big players like Uni, Sedo, Undeveloped etc. Landing page is below - it looks better on PC (moving background) but it still works well on mobile.

I personally like it as it is engaging, allows you to inquire immediately by clicking a button and filing a form but also gives the buyer information on the domain name and its potential if they wish to read on. Furthermore, I have chat functionality on there so if they have any questions that can chat to me in realtime. The form also goes to 2 of my email addresses so less likely that inquiries will be missed. But is this all too much?

Please keep comments to the point and this is about the landing page not the domain itself so do not start a side discussion about the domain.

Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!

thanks,

CK

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks nice. I would like to get something like this set up for mine soon

I'm a developer by trade so I was just wondering if you're paying to host the site? I noticed that there was a mention of WIX on the live chat popup, is it hosted with WIX and how much it is costing? A site like that should cost less than $1 a month to keep online, assuming that you can get the live chat piece for free. Just wondering :xf.cool:

•••
Recently, I received some inquiries on 2 of my domains through landing pages at a top registrar (won't mention which one as it isn't important). The offers were not too bad but I felt that as the inquiry was routed to a broker, after the 20% commission, the offer did not seem enough to warrant the sale. After a bit the deal went cold.

I couldn't help but feel that since the inquiry came from a landing page, that I could have easily handled this deal myself and kept the 20% commission as well as having a lot more time to interact with the inquirer and possibly strike a deal. Whereas the broker was most likely handling multiple inquiries at a time and allowed the deal to grow cold.

I wanted to try out my own landing page for one of my more premium domains and I wanted to get your thoughts on whether a landing page like this one is a good idea. If you could provide some feedback on what you think is good or bad about this lander and whether it is better to stick with a landing page provided by one of the big players like Uni, Sedo, Undeveloped etc. Landing page is below - it looks better on PC (moving background) but it still works well on mobile.

I personally like it as it is engaging, allows you to inquire immediately by clicking a button and filing a form but also gives the buyer information on the domain name and its potential if they wish to read on. Furthermore, I have chat functionality on there so if they have any questions that can chat to me in realtime. The form also goes to 2 of my email addresses so less likely that inquiries will be missed. But is this all too much?

Please keep comments to the point and this is about the landing page not the domain itself so do not start a side discussion about the domain.

Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!

thanks,

CK
Fantastic!

•••
Looks nice. I would like to get something like this set up for mine soon

I'm a developer by trade so I was just wondering if you're paying to host the site? I noticed that there was a mention of WIX on the live chat popup, is it hosted with WIX and how much it is costing? A site like that should cost less than $1 a month to keep online, assuming that you can get the live chat piece for free. Just wondering :xf.cool:

I had already paid for it for a whole year for another project I was hosting and I have a few months left on the plan - really can't remember the price but it is probably like $5 per month max. For a fully functioning site and a backend database and not too much coding experience required etc it is worth it, for a simple landing page maybe not. However, if it gives me good results, I can the develop a lander from scratch myself to match the functionality on this one and host it on the cheap! This lander is an experiment that only took me a day to set up :)

Last edited:
•••
I like the look of the page and it's clean lines. don't like that "Lets Chat" connection popping-up after a couple of seconds. Makes me close the page straight away.Quote

I'm thinking of trying the same route on my domains, so if any one knows of a good hosted package, I'm interested.

Can't recommend Hawkhost enough.

•••

thanks,

CK

•••
"Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!"

Balmain.homes

balmain_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
@Crypto King have you considered Efty.com by any chance? It's a suitable option if you're looking to manage landing pages for multiple names across your portfolio. The landing pages are simple and pricing is reasonable. (Here's an example page: http://www.ipsum.co)

I moved most of my landers across to Efty last year. I've also documented my experience from the first 100 inquiries... it may be useful for you: https://www.namepros.com/threads/almost-a-decade-of-domaining.1056328/page-4#post-7053359.

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I like one page landing pages where ever thing is above the fold and you don't have to scroll.

I have big bold letters that say "Domain Name For Sale", so it's very clear that the domain is for sale the moment you hit the page. That is the main title of your page. People will subconsciously judge what your website is in a split second.

When I first visit you're page, I immediately think of a a corporate website. I see "SUCCESS", so I think it had to do with you company successfully working with other companies, not a domain for sale.

So if I was interested in buying the domain, I might quickly type in the domain and see if it's registered and if there's a website, and I might close the website thinking it some corporate site before I actually read more.

The format I like best is "Domain For Sale" on left and a simple contact us input box on the right, all on one page up top
Punto a destacar

Last edited:
•••
The landing page is good, I also have a landing page, here my sample landing page

I think is great to have own landing page like you said. Just suggestion, don't forget to add email confirmation to avoid spammers, I received spammers everyday but since I added email confirmation feature, I can manage/filter the users who doesn't confirmed their email while sending inquiry.

•••
Last edited:
•••
@Crypto King have you considered Efty.com by any chance? It's a suitable option if you're looking to manage landing pages for multiple names across your portfolio. The landing pages are simple and pricing is reasonable. (Here's an example page: http://www.ipsum.co)

I moved most of my landers across to Efty last year. I've also documented my experience from the first 100 inquiries... it may be useful for you: https://www.namepros.com/threads/almost-a-decade-of-domaining.1056328/page-4#post-7053359.

Hey, I did consider using efty. So they charge no comission or is it that you buy a plan from them?

I only have a handful of domains, maybe like 20 odd but I try to buy just premium, high value domains and the odd bargain bin one ;). I will check out Efty.

Thanks a lot everybody for your feedback. I have edited the lander a bit. I kept the scroll but a small icon appears after a few seconds to prompt scroll down. There is also a button that is in the centrer of screen if you wish to buy and it scrolls you down automatically to the offer form.

Also, I have added the logo and a clear message in the header that the domain is for sale. In the mobile version I have removed 50% of the content as that is way too much for a mobile user to scroll through.

thanks again!

•••
The landing page is good, I also have a landing page, here my sample landing page

I think is great to have own landing page like you said. Just suggestion, don't forget to add email confirmation to avoid spammers, I received spammers everyday but since I added email confirmation feature, I can manage/filter the users who doesn't confirmed their email while sending inquiry.

It looks OK. Content could be condensed. My only issue is it shouldn't be more than 2 screenfuls on a desktop. 1 screenful would be perfect. But I don't think you can cram all the content we need in one screenful, and still make it good-looking.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I would like somebody to make me a page like the RFQ.COM link on page 1. I would like to have each piece as optional. Where you can turn them on or off. Let's discuss by PM.

Last edited:
•••
I almost thought it was a real developed website...

It's clean but may have too much going on. If you could simplify everything.

But great looking page.

I think the name can sell itself as it's premium.
It may not be the pretty page that sells it.

Last edited:
•••
A page with Domain Details is essential imho for example

registered at...
expires on...

etc.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hey, I did consider using efty. So they charge no comission or is it that you buy a plan from them?

I only have a handful of domains, maybe like 20 odd but I try to buy just premium, high value domains and the odd bargain bin one ;). I will check out Efty.

Thanks a lot everybody for your feedback. I have edited the lander a bit. I kept the scroll but a small icon appears after a few seconds to prompt scroll down. There is also a button that is in the centrer of screen if you wish to buy and it scrolls you down automatically to the offer form.

Also, I have added the logo and a clear message in the header that the domain is for sale. In the mobile version I have removed 50% of the content as that is way too much for a mobile user to scroll through.

thanks again!

The one thing that struck me was why you have 2 sections where interested parties can make an offer? Isn't one section enough? Or is it only because that is how WIX shows it like that?

•••
I have spent the last few months building landing pages to start I had no idea what info I wanted to show. I still dispute myself on what information i have but right now it is all content. I also wanted to make backlinks and wanted to link with reciprocal linking. I plan on having a few different landing pages depending how it is found. I plan on putting the links in background of site. I can also control whether I process the domain or whether I sent it to sedo, godaddy etc. There has been a lot of work creating basic logos and finding similar domains sold in order to build up my content for search engines. After 6 months I am still in a mess but I have traffic so all worth it as all my traffic is webmaster traffic.

Last edited:
•••
I've experimented with some self-made landing pages. Clean, and in line with the general aesthetic of my website.

Let me know what you think of the overall feel, and where you see improvements can be made.

BlockWeight.com

•••
I've experimented with some self-made landing pages. Clean, and in line with the general aesthetic of my website.

Let me know what you think of the overall feel, and where you see improvements can be made.

BlockWeight.com

Look like newspaper from 1800s, needs more colors and such

•••

BlockWeight.com
It has a lot of potential but there is no colour and a lot of whitespace (gaps inbetween sections) the layout is good

•••
The one thing that struck me was why you have 2 sections where interested parties can make an offer? Isn't one section enough? Or is it only because that is how WIX shows it like that?

I added 2 so that if a user reads the content after the first form they do not need to scroll back up to the top. Do you think it's too much? Maybe a button at the end that says make offer which takes you back to the top form is better?

•••
I have spent the last few months building landing pages to start I had no idea what info I wanted to show. I still dispute myself on what information i have but right now it is all content. I also wanted to make backlinks and wanted to link with reciprocal linking. I plan on having a few different landing pages depending how it is found. I plan on putting the links in background of site. I can also control whether I process the domain or whether I sent it to sedo, godaddy etc. There has been a lot of work creating basic logos and finding similar domains sold in order to build up my content for search engines. After 6 months I am still in a mess but I have traffic so all worth it as all my traffic is webmaster traffic.

If your links at the bottom of your post are using your work. I understand where you are going with this. But, IMHO, it looks way too busy, by a long way. I think it should be uncomplicated, like some of the links others have posted, ie RFQ.com. We are talking about landing pages, which visitors will get by typing in the URL in their browser (my interpretation). Visitors are not interested in getting a headache looking for the contact info. I know what you have are also landing pages, but these are more designed to have the pages show up in the search engines, and getting visitors to click on the page. It's an awful mess. If you ask me. Like everything, YMMV. This is just IMHO, of course. I also could not find any reasoning for buying the domain.

Last edited:
•••
I added 2 so that if a user reads the content after the first form they do not need to scroll back up to the top. Do you think it's too much? Maybe a button at the end that says make offer which takes you back to the top form is better?

I definitely think there should only be 1 offer form. I personally would try to combine your sales pitches to only 1 block. I think you have too much stuff there. I understand this is likely probable because of the WIX template. But I would take 1 of those sales blocks out totally. And have your contact form at the bottom block.

For me personally. I would even combine you sales pitch to the left and your contact form to the right in 1 block. Giving you only 2 blocks. I think it's probably important to have the contact information as soon as possible under your 1st block. But you can probably only do that if you combine those 2 blocks. Or you could also put your sales pitch in the first block. Which you really want the visitor to read. Because it's important. IMHO.

Your sales pitch should only be the key points. Not too much bloviating. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
I definitely think there should only be 1 offer form. I personally would try to combine your sales pitches to only 1 block. I think you have too much stuff there. I understand this is likely probable because of the WIX template. But I would take 1 of those sales blocks out totally. And have your contact form at the bottom block.

For me personally. I would even combine you sales pitch to the left and your contact form to the right in 1 block. Giving you only 2 blocks. I think it's probably important to have the contact information as soon as possible under your 1st block. But you can probably only do that if you combine those 2 blocks. Or you could also put your sales pitch in the first block. Which you really want the visitor to read. Because it's important. IMHO.

Great Feedback. I have only one sales block on mobile but 2 on the desktop version. Will take a look at combining the sales pitch and form in one section. I will probably remove the extra contact form at the bottom

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back