Domain Empire

Creating your own landing pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
Recently, I received some inquiries on 2 of my domains through landing pages at a top registrar (won't mention which one as it isn't important). The offers were not too bad but I felt that as the inquiry was routed to a broker, after the 20% commission, the offer did not seem enough to warrant the sale. After a bit the deal went cold.

I couldn't help but feel that since the inquiry came from a landing page, that I could have easily handled this deal myself and kept the 20% commission as well as having a lot more time to interact with the inquirer and possibly strike a deal. Whereas the broker was most likely handling multiple inquiries at a time and allowed the deal to grow cold.

I wanted to try out my own landing page for one of my more premium domains and I wanted to get your thoughts on whether a landing page like this one is a good idea. If you could provide some feedback on what you think is good or bad about this lander and whether it is better to stick with a landing page provided by one of the big players like Uni, Sedo, Undeveloped etc. Landing page is below - it looks better on PC (moving background) but it still works well on mobile.

I personally like it as it is engaging, allows you to inquire immediately by clicking a button and filing a form but also gives the buyer information on the domain name and its potential if they wish to read on. Furthermore, I have chat functionality on there so if they have any questions that can chat to me in realtime. The form also goes to 2 of my email addresses so less likely that inquiries will be missed. But is this all too much?

Please keep comments to the point and this is about the landing page not the domain itself so do not start a side discussion about the domain.

Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!

thanks,

CK

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice lander. Except scrolling down the page for send your offer form may not be smart. You can convert the form block into sticky sidebar. Further, long description and sales pitch can be wrapped into show/hide block.

•••
I'm not a fan of scrolling unless there are multiple calls to action. Otherwise, a nice page.

•••
"Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!"

Balmain.homes

balmain_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
@Crypto King have you considered Efty.com by any chance? It's a suitable option if you're looking to manage landing pages for multiple names across your portfolio. The landing pages are simple and pricing is reasonable. (Here's an example page: http://www.ipsum.co)

I moved most of my landers across to Efty last year. I've also documented my experience from the first 100 inquiries... it may be useful for you: https://www.namepros.com/threads/almost-a-decade-of-domaining.1056328/page-4#post-7053359.

Last edited:
•••
The landing page is good, I also have a landing page, here my sample landing page

I think is great to have own landing page like you said. Just suggestion, don't forget to add email confirmation to avoid spammers, I received spammers everyday but since I added email confirmation feature, I can manage/filter the users who doesn't confirmed their email while sending inquiry.

•••
Last edited:
•••
The landing page is good, I also have a landing page, here my sample landing page

I think is great to have own landing page like you said. Just suggestion, don't forget to add email confirmation to avoid spammers, I received spammers everyday but since I added email confirmation feature, I can manage/filter the users who doesn't confirmed their email while sending inquiry.

It looks OK. Content could be condensed. My only issue is it shouldn't be more than 2 screenfuls on a desktop. 1 screenful would be perfect. But I don't think you can cram all the content we need in one screenful, and still make it good-looking.

•••
A page with Domain Details is essential imho for example

registered at...
expires on...

etc.

Cheers
Corey

•••
I have spent the last few months building landing pages to start I had no idea what info I wanted to show. I still dispute myself on what information i have but right now it is all content. I also wanted to make backlinks and wanted to link with reciprocal linking. I plan on having a few different landing pages depending how it is found. I plan on putting the links in background of site. I can also control whether I process the domain or whether I sent it to sedo, godaddy etc. There has been a lot of work creating basic logos and finding similar domains sold in order to build up my content for search engines. After 6 months I am still in a mess but I have traffic so all worth it as all my traffic is webmaster traffic.

If your links at the bottom of your post are using your work. I understand where you are going with this. But, IMHO, it looks way too busy, by a long way. I think it should be uncomplicated, like some of the links others have posted, ie RFQ.com. We are talking about landing pages, which visitors will get by typing in the URL in their browser (my interpretation). Visitors are not interested in getting a headache looking for the contact info. I know what you have are also landing pages, but these are more designed to have the pages show up in the search engines, and getting visitors to click on the page. It's an awful mess. If you ask me. Like everything, YMMV. This is just IMHO, of course. I also could not find any reasoning for buying the domain.

Last edited:
•••
I would even try to get your sales pitch into short sharp bullet points. You might not succeed, but the tightening up of your language would not be wasted.

•••
If your links at the bottom of your post are using your work. I understand where you are going with this. But, IMHO, it looks way too busy, by a long way. I think it should be uncomplicated, like some of the links others have posted, ie RFQ.com. We are talking about landing pages, which visitors will get by typing in the URL in their browser (my interpretation). Visitors are not interested in getting a headache looking for the contact info. I know what you have are also landing pages, but these are more designed to have the pages show up in the search engines, and getting visitors to click on the page. It's an awful mess. If you ask me. Like everything, YMMV. This is just IMHO, of course. I also could not find any reasoning for buying the domain.
I know less is best and will be doing something about my mess soon. I really need to stick with simple I have a designer available just no idea what i really want i clicked on this thread to find some good landings.

•••
@lock essential information such as

About Us
Disclaimer Policy
E-commerce Affiliate Relationships
Privacy Policy

etc. example @ honey.homes

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
@4pm the title in the browser bar didn't give you a clue?

Sales Inquiry Balmain.homes

Cheers
Corey

..so you really want your buyers to check your site title in the browser tab just to know the name is for sale?

Balmain.homes

crappiest domain For Sale landing i ever seen..

best anyway

•••
•••
just my $.02, your thought flow may take a different path..

Both your links didn't work for me. I agree with everything you have said. But I am going to add a small section as to why this is the domain they should buy. But I agree with you that by the mere fact that they have typed the domain into their browser, to see what comes up. Everything but For Sale and Contact Form are not essential. I would also like the make the page attractive, rather than ugly. I think that also helps.

•••
Stu,

are you in China now? :)

..blocked some spammy Chinese IPs
maybe was a little too aggressive with ranges
should work now

I live in Asia but nowhere near China. I got a little bit further than last time. But got the same result. Now my avast software said both websites were infected with a virus, before the link failed :( So, I think you should forget about trying to fix these links just for me :) That's not because of possible infection, it's because I don't want to cause you anymore work.

•••
strange... serving nothing there except plain html, css, png, google fonts and analytics

checked with www.virustotal.com and a couple other online scanners
..nothing found

avast often gives you a lot of false positives
maybe need to update the virus definitions

:(

My database was up to date. But my version was not up to date. Updated. Rebooted. But still the same problem. I am aware that avast can give some false positives sometimes. Which is why I'm not to bothered about it. But something must be wrong somewhere. For it to give false-positive readings for both websites.

•••
•••
How about these three landing page? :xf.cool:
Perfect, all three. Easy to see what's going on, easy to contact you. Some of the font is a little too funky for my tastes, but that's what makes us all unique, right?

@4pm no issues loading up your landers on my end.. stub must have some killer security going on or something..

•••
@4pm a minimalist landing page

CBDCrackdown.com

CBDCrackdown_com.jpg

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Look more like a website that a sales lander.

Nice. Short and to the point. You really should have Google Recaptcha on it though.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back