Dynadot

Creating your own landing pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
Recently, I received some inquiries on 2 of my domains through landing pages at a top registrar (won't mention which one as it isn't important). The offers were not too bad but I felt that as the inquiry was routed to a broker, after the 20% commission, the offer did not seem enough to warrant the sale. After a bit the deal went cold.

I couldn't help but feel that since the inquiry came from a landing page, that I could have easily handled this deal myself and kept the 20% commission as well as having a lot more time to interact with the inquirer and possibly strike a deal. Whereas the broker was most likely handling multiple inquiries at a time and allowed the deal to grow cold.

I wanted to try out my own landing page for one of my more premium domains and I wanted to get your thoughts on whether a landing page like this one is a good idea. If you could provide some feedback on what you think is good or bad about this lander and whether it is better to stick with a landing page provided by one of the big players like Uni, Sedo, Undeveloped etc. Landing page is below - it looks better on PC (moving background) but it still works well on mobile.

I personally like it as it is engaging, allows you to inquire immediately by clicking a button and filing a form but also gives the buyer information on the domain name and its potential if they wish to read on. Furthermore, I have chat functionality on there so if they have any questions that can chat to me in realtime. The form also goes to 2 of my email addresses so less likely that inquiries will be missed. But is this all too much?

Please keep comments to the point and this is about the landing page not the domain itself so do not start a side discussion about the domain.

Furthermore, it would be great if you could all share your own bespoke landing pages so we can all learn from each other on the best design concepts!

thanks,

CK

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks! I got an offer for $295,000 from someone who owns a cashew plantation. He rang me on whatsapp using the phone number provided on the site (under the phone icon). I think he was African, the phone connection wasn't so good and the conversation itself didn't feel very professional. He said he will hold a board meeting and get back to me today. .
Reads like that one is about to request a $350 appraisal certificate. Just for the satisfaction of the Peanut-Board of course

I agree with Eurorealtor, you need to change the contact email, that looks really cheesy using the domain.+ CEO. That says everything is a pretense from my end. Or just drop/change the CEO bit

Last edited:
•••
I can't tell if a nice page sells a domain better then a not so nice page
especially not for a 3L.com

busy or not
doesn't matter
for a 3L.com
I think a nice page, or the presentation of a name, definitely affects perceived worth.. But a good name should sell itself, and doesn't need a lot of help.

Crypto mentioned, he landed on mine and first thought was to give a lower offer because of how it looked. So the page can make or break the price we seek, to convince someone who's on the fence.

Otherwise all efforts are proportional to what and how quick you want to get for that name.
Exactly, in a nutshell. And great point about the need to educate potential buyers, else losing them. Although often, by the time someone lands on your lander, they already know why they're there.

•••
Looks nice. I would like to get something like this set up for mine soon

I'm a developer by trade so I was just wondering if you're paying to host the site? I noticed that there was a mention of WIX on the live chat popup, is it hosted with WIX and how much it is costing? A site like that should cost less than $1 a month to keep online, assuming that you can get the live chat piece for free. Just wondering :xf.cool:

I had already paid for it for a whole year for another project I was hosting and I have a few months left on the plan - really can't remember the price but it is probably like $5 per month max. For a fully functioning site and a backend database and not too much coding experience required etc it is worth it, for a simple landing page maybe not. However, if it gives me good results, I can the develop a lander from scratch myself to match the functionality on this one and host it on the cheap! This lander is an experiment that only took me a day to set up :)

Last edited:
•••
I like the look of the page and it's clean lines. don't like that "Lets Chat" connection popping-up after a couple of seconds. Makes me close the page straight away.Quote

I'm thinking of trying the same route on my domains, so if any one knows of a good hosted package, I'm interested.

Can't recommend Hawkhost enough.

•••
I almost thought it was a real developed website...

It's clean but may have too much going on. If you could simplify everything.

But great looking page.

I think the name can sell itself as it's premium.
It may not be the pretty page that sells it.

Last edited:
•••
I've experimented with some self-made landing pages. Clean, and in line with the general aesthetic of my website.

Let me know what you think of the overall feel, and where you see improvements can be made.

BlockWeight.com

•••
I've experimented with some self-made landing pages. Clean, and in line with the general aesthetic of my website.

Let me know what you think of the overall feel, and where you see improvements can be made.

BlockWeight.com

Look like newspaper from 1800s, needs more colors and such

•••
Balmain.homes
Is good, yes. Can't see much to improve on, and enjoyed the visit to the page.

I also have a landing page, here my sample landing page
This one is overloaded with a little too much scrolling, for my tastes. The colors are good, the layout is good and a ton of info, but the amount of extra scrolling involved to get to the bottom of things should be condensed, if possible.
However, even if not possible to condense, I think this lander could appeal to a wide range of buyers due to the detail. At the bottom of the page, where you list some other domains, IMO detracts focus from the main lander.

It is friendly to native English people?
Nope, not particularly.

Clean, and in line with the general aesthetic of my website.

Agree, very clean. Not bad. What pops out more than anything though. I see a big contact button, below that a make offer form, and below that a contact form. It's like an experiment in contacts..

•••
They are nice! I think the scrolling thing doesn’t matter that much. A person seriously interested in your name will understand. That’s for sure.

I’ve created my own landing pages as well and they look like: www.best.company

•••
They are nice! I think the scrolling thing doesn’t matter that much. A person seriously interested in your name will understand. That’s for sure.

I’ve created my own landing pages as well and they look like: www.best.company

That looks good, and the domain too

Here is one lander from me
MiamiPPF.com

•••
•••
TallyHemp.com

Cheers
Corey

Corey,

you still need to make it more mobile friendly, imho

126396_720a3b63f5cfe6c2c7d835408ddff909.png

you can always check how a page looks on mobile via browser Developer Tools.

The above screenshot was made in Chrome / Developer Tools / Toggle Device toolbar / Iphone 5

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 14.34.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 14.34.17.png
    25 KB · Views: 160
•••
•••
Yup- 4 for 4 on nope. It's like an intersection with no stop lights, all billboards and panhandlers. For a sale price 250k, it really needs to be cleaned up.

•••
Those are going to invite so much spam, it might make your email address unusable.
Not a single spam till day. The email address is in Image and I am using this on many places and all my websites. Only real people are emailing me. Don't know but it works.

•••
Thanks for the suggestions.

I made lot of changes in desktop site. If possible please have a look on the updated pages @ Xyzcoin (make offer only) & cryptoexchange.co ( make offer + bin)
Way better. I still find my eyes darting around the page, but this time it more of interest than of confusion.

i personally don't get the logic behind a BIN price and a Make Offer form at the same time/on the same page.

By doing so you are effectively saying that whatever your BIN is you are ready to consider LOWER offers.

For me if i'm a buyer that basically means that
i will NEVER pay the BIN - since the owner himself is already suggesting me to send him (obviously, lower) offers.
Both can be beneficial, just because not everyone is interested in the back and forth of negotiating. By adding a BIN alongside a make offer form, you are giving these type of people an easy out. Buy it now, don't worry about the hassle of a haggle.

Do see your point, though, to more savvy buyers having a make offer beside the BIN may just be undermining the price, and putting to question the actual value.

I like your suggestion of changing a make offer to a pure contact form. A better strategy, for sure, if having BIN on the lander.

•••
CannabisPastilles.com

cannabispastilles_com.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hi All,

As the OP I thought i'd circle back and show you that I have simplified my new landing page for another domain I own massively after all of the feedback I received. Let's see if this one proves popular!

That's pretty good.

•••
CannaBees.com.au

cannabees_com_au.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I like the look of the page and it's clean lines. don't like that "Lets Chat" connection popping-up after a couple of seconds. Makes me close the page straight away.

I'm thinking of trying the same route on my domains, so if any one knows of a good hosted package, I'm interested.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'll echo that it looks a bit busy.

I see this page and I think it belongs either to a photographer, or someone who is trying too hard to sell me on an idea.

Anyone who can afford the domain knows the value of such a domain. Too wordy.

It's a great domain and a good idea. Best of luck.

•••
Too busy, keep it short - no need for scrolling for a nice lander :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back