IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yet another one...

Conservative Activist Dies of COVID Complications After Attending Anti-Vax ‘Symposium’​

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conse...ter-attending-anti-vaccine-symposium?ref=home

Kelly Canon had celebrated her vaccine exemption a few weeks before she fell ill with the virus and wound up on a ventilator.

Canon had announced on Facebook in November that her employer granted her a religious exemption for the COVID-19 vaccine.

“No jabby-jabby for me! Praise GOD!” she wrote at the time.

•••
•••
•••
Anti-vax leader touts human urine as COVID-19 treatment
I wonder if he has provided specifics on frequency and dosage.

Ingesting waste products seems like a promising way to fight disease. :giggle:

•••
I just checked my watch...it's almost 4:20

Study Finds Cannabis Compounds Prevent Infection By Covid-19 Virus​

Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

The researchers found that two cannabinoid acids commonly found in hemp varietals of cannabis, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, also known as CBDA, can bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. By binding to the spike protein, the compounds can prevent the virus from entering cells and causing infection, potentially offering new avenues to prevent and treat the disease.

more...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherr...-infection-by-covid-19-virus/?sh=1f136b701753

•••

Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

The researchers found that two cannabinoid acids commonly found in hemp varietals of cannabis, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, also known as CBDA, can bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. By binding to the spike protein, the compounds can prevent the virus from entering cells and causing infection, potentially offering new avenues to prevent and treat the disease.

more...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherr...-infection-by-covid-19-virus/?sh=1f136b701753
Just came on to report the same thing.

If true then the world is about to get really high :xf.cool:

•••

An indigenous young man carried his father for hours through the jungle to be vaccinated against Covid-19​

https://www.zyri.net/2022/01/12/an-...the-jungle-to-be-vaccinated-against-covid-19/

"Tawy Zo‘é is 24 years old and lives in a village of the Zó’é people in the Brazilian Amazon. And unknowingly, he set an example to the world: he carried his father for six hours Wahu Zó’é, 67, along a path of hills and streams between the exuberant jungle of the state of Pará, in the northeast of Brazil, to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

The photo was taken by the doctor Erik Jennings Simões, who shared it on his social networks just last week. The image soon went viral.

Jennings Simões said that “the father had poor eyesight, he could hardly see anything and he also had a serious chronic problem in the urinary tract. As a result, he was almost completely unable to walk in the forest”.

“Then, what was going to work there was to carry the parents on the back. That is what works in the forest, because there is no ambulance or other means of transport," he added.

•••

more...

Now lets see how Big Crooks Pharma reacts to this news.

•••
They sure don't want the info getting out!

There is only one person I am around on a regular basis (golf buddy) and he is a true blazer. He has been around several people recently that have tested positive for covid, yet he remains free of it thus far.

Considering how many times he has been sneezed and coughed on by his family, cannabis must be keeping him healthy! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
They sure don't want the info getting out!

There is only one person I am around on a regular basis (golf buddy) and he is a true blazer. He has been around several people recently that have tested positive for covid, yet he remains free of it thus far.

Considering how many times he has been sneezed and coughed on by his family, cannabis must be keeping him healthy! :xf.smile:
You would think even without testing these results in a lab that you could just take a bunch of Polls worldwide of pot smokers just to see how many have had covid, if any.

Last edited:
•••

LA County COVID data show stark difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated​

https://abc7.com/covid-19-vaccine-l...-dr-barbara-ferrer-la-public-health/11408759/

Los Angeles County Health Director Barbara Ferrer said Thursday that unvaccinated people in the county are 14 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those that have been fully vaccinated.

"Vaccines continue to offer an extraordinary level of protection against hospitalizations and against the worst of all outcomes - passing away," Ferrer said.

The hospitalization rate for unvaccinated people is 28 per 100,000 residents in LA County, while the rate for the vaccinated has remained relatively flat at 1 per 100,000, she said.
1642022259415.png

Triple vaxxxed and spreading covid like an unwashed, uneducated trump supporter.

Last edited:
•••
If you reject science and medicine, you are far more likely to meet this guy.

It is not Death. It is Charles Darwin.

It is not often you get to see such an example of Darwinism in real time like with the anti-vax movement.

Show attachment 207371

:xf.eek:

•••
Just came on to report the same thing.

If true then the world is about to get really high :xf.cool:

LOL, CBDA (natural cannabidiolic-acid) doesn't get you high and the source is often hemp. The same with CBD (decarboxylated) or even THCA in fresh cannabis. The curing process converts the phytocompounds to other (psycho-active) compounds.

Big Pharma will be all over this ...making synthetic cannabinoids. I'm certain there are other natural plants have gone extinct through biological annihilation before we even discovered their benefits (or have forgotten).

•••

It's a shame that in today's world Innovation is mostly driven by Greed.

It seems like countless number of people have to become millionaires (and billionaires) in order for new lifesaving drugs to be made available to the public by the pharmaceutical companies and even then only to those who can afford to pay their sky high prices somehow.

This is going to come back to haunt us if we let our Greed (and to some extent our politics) stand in the way of doing the right thing which at this time would be to become prepared for dealing with a Hyper Covid variant that most certainly is going to show up in the next 10 years.

IMO

•••
LOL, CBDA (natural cannabidiolic-acid) doesn't get you high and the source is often hemp. The same with CBD (decarboxylated) or even THCA in fresh cannabis. The curing process converts the phytocompounds to other (psycho-active) compounds.

Big Pharma will be all over this ...making synthetic cannabinoids. I'm certain there are other natural plants have gone extinct through biological annihilation before we even discovered their benefits (or have forgotten).
Are you saying Cannabis that does get you high has no preventive benefits from Covid?

•••
Are you saying Cannabis that does get you high has no preventive benefits from Covid?

I won't rule it out, but it's not well-documented (I've researched). CBD has more medicinal benefit and most CBDA is lost in conversion. Besides, most growers have genetically modified plants to yield high THC, keeping a low CBD profile. Maybe puffing is a good Covid test (if you can), and THC will help with general anxiety... Lord knows we can all use a little lift now. :cigar:

Last edited:
•••
It's a shame that in today's world Innovation is mostly driven by Greed.

It seems like countless number of people have to become millionaires (and billionaires) in order for new lifesaving drugs to be made available to the public by the pharmaceutical companies and even then only to those who can afford to pay their sky high prices somehow.

This is going to come back to haunt us if we let our Greed (and to some extent our politics) stand in the way of doing the right thing which at this time would be to become prepared for dealing with a Hyper Covid variant that most certainly is going to show up in the next 10 years.

IMO
It is a lot easier to make money if you you are a sociopath and have no empathy for others. It is a reason so many rich people are like that.

Without a self-limiter, if you are willing to do whatever to make money...regardless if it hurts others...it is far easier to make money.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Canada added to ‘do not travel’ list, and other changes in CDC’s risk categories

(CNN) — Canada was moved to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s highest-risk category for travel on Monday.

Canada has seen a steep rise in cases as the Omicron variant spreads. The country recorded 294,437 new cases for the week ending January 8, according to Johns Hopkins University figures, its highest weekly total of the pandemic.

Most international visitors to Canada are required to be vaccinated and to have a negative COVID-19 test result.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01...st-and-other-changes-in-cdcs-risk-categories/

Maybe to ski or snowmobile, but who travels to Canada in winter anyway? :xf.wink:

responsive_large_webp_tudihrsrNR0EiR-xnIj881k1NXvHts8lgrLC-EbfWjE.webp

Travel anywhere is risky at the moment IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••

more...

Well... I have to say a pair of things on this one.

First of all, the Forbes headline is "a bit different" to what the "study" says:

The forbes headline: "Study Finds Cannabis Compounds Prevent Infection By Covid-19 Virus" woohoo... that's saying a bit too much.

The Study headline: "Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants" as you can see, this is a more "limited and concise" headline.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00946

I mean, cannabidioids can "block cellular entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants" in vitro, but it does not mean that it will prevent infection by Covid-19 in vivo.

It would be awesome if it works, but before saying "Study Finds Cannabis Compounds Prevent Infection By Covid-19 Virus" you must prove it with the correct means, and that is following phase 2 and 3 in human trials, to see if it really can prevent covid-19 infection in humans, not only in labs.

This is very similar to the "nasal sprays" that also "prevent" covid-19 infection.

What really has been proven to work against covid-19 infection AND spreading, is to wear a face mask, N95 if possible, and well adjusted to the face. That's what works better, and cheaper for everybody.
AND don't forget the vaccines, the BEST way to save your life, and to reduce the infection rate and virus spreading in case that you get infected.

Last edited:
•••
It is a lot easier to make money if you you are a sociopath and have no empathy for others. It is a reason so many rich people are like that.

Without a self-limiter, if you are willing to do whatever to make money...regardless of it hurts others...it is far easier to make money.

Brad

That's why I am not rich.

I could have become a millionaire and a hero a long time ago if I had turned my back on the Humanity and the Environment and had cooperated with the status quo (like many others who have chosen to do that).

I wonder if there is a website that shows how all those politicians have amassed all their wealth specially those who once were average people like us.

I suspect that many of them on all sides are getting some kind of a kickback from the pharmaceutical companies (and the many other companies that are taking advantage of people and or that are causing damage to the Environment).

I don't think that you should close your eyes on all that because of your political affiliations and loyalties.

IMO

Last edited:
•••

CDC director's edited remarks spark misleading claims on Covid-19 deaths​

https://factcheck.afp.com/http%3A%2F%2Fdoc.afp.com%2F9W26AG-1
Man, these anti-vaxxers and conspiracy misinformation spreaders are blatant liers, and I see now that they are very conscious about their lies. Because anyone listening to the interview of the CDC director can listen that she says:

"A study of 1.2 million people who were vaccinated between December and October... demonstrated that severe disease occurred in about 0.015 percent of the people who received their primary (vaccine) series, and death in 0.003 percent of those people. And from those 0.003 percent of deaths, the overwhelming number of deaths -- over 75 percent -- occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities".

So, Clay.... those are from people fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated and anti-vaxxers are dying at a quite higher rate and without the need to have at least four comorbidities.

But that "Clay Travis" twists the CDC director words and says: "The CDC director just said over 75% of 'covid deaths' occurred in people with at least four comorbidities".
What a blatant and clumsy lier man. And the question is, are his 846,000 followers believing all his sh*t?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting article from Nature.com

Jan 2022

COVID is here to stay: countries must decide how to adapt

"For those who had hoped that 2021 would be the year that put the pandemic in the past tense, it was a harsh reminder that it is still very much present. Rather than laying plans to return to the ‘normal’ life we knew before the pandemic, 2022 is the year the world must come to terms with the fact that SARS-CoV-2 is here to stay."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00057-y

Additional reading:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03619-8

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back