Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

NameSilo
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Mister Funsky is missing in action - hopefully he is well and healthy - so I will post the stats for today.

Current Covid19 death numbers as of August 08, 2021, 07:50 GMT are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 4,299,937

United States: 632,987
Brazil: 563,082
India: 427,892
Russia: 164,094
United Kingdom: 130,281
France: 112,190
Italy: 128,209
Spain: 82,006
Mexico: 244,248
Poland: 75,285
South Africa: 74,623
Indonesia: 105,598
Netherlands: 17,867
Canada: 26,663
Chile: 35,951
Belgium: 25,268
Philippines: 28,835
Japan : 15,255
Bolivia: 17,959
Australia: 940
Peru: 196,873

Last edited:
•••
This reminds me of the 17 million poor minks that were culled last year in Denmark because of infections and the fear of cross species transfer.

An absolutely staggering and tragic waste of life :(

Same happened on mink farms here in Canada.

"Mink are extremely vulnerable to respiratory disease. Like people, they get seasonal respiratory issues. They’re also prone to pneumonia. Respiratory viruses replicate so readily in minks and their mustelid relatives (ferrets, most notably) that the animals are often used to study human illnesses"

•••
I think Mister Funsky is missing in action - hopefully he is well and healthy - so I will post the stats for today.

Wow, I was just thinking the same thing. Thank you for posting the stats, CraigD.

•••
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of August 09, 2021, 12:07 GMT are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 4,310,970

United States: 633,116
Brazil: 563,470
India: 428,339
Russia: 165,650
United Kingdom: 130,320
France: 112,220
Italy: 128,220
Spain: 82,006
Mexico: 244,420
South Africa: 74,813
Indonesia: 108,571
Netherlands: 17,869
Canada: 26,669
Chile: 36,016
Belgium: 25,268
Philippines: 29,128
Japan : 15,280
Bolivia: 17,983
Australia: 940
Peru: 196,950

Last edited:
•••
•••
Renowned epidemiologist says the world 'is closer to the beginning than the end' of the pandemic and warns Indian 'Delta' variant is 'maybe the most contagious virus' ever

Dr Larry Brilliant, who was a medical officer in the World Health Organization's (WHO) smallpox eradication program, says not enough people around the globe have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

He told CNBC's Street Signs that only 15 percent of people in the world have been immunized with some countries not even inoculating five percent of residents.

Brilliant also addressed the spread of the Indian 'Delta' variant and sad it was the most infectious he had ever seen in his career.

'I think we're closer to the beginning than we are to the end [of the pandemic], and that's not because the [Delta] variant that we're looking at right now is going to last that long,' Brilliant told CNBC.

'Unless we vaccinate everyone in 200-plus countries, there will still be new variants.'
'This disease is so infectious and is so rapid to infect everybody that, even including that some vaccinated people are also infected, it basically runs out of candidates [to infect] very quickly.
'That may mean that this is a six-month phenomenon in a country, rather than a two-year phenomenon. But I do caution people that this is the Delta variant and we have not run out of Greek letters so there may be more to come.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...says-world-closer-beginning-end-pandemic.html

It's a typical sensationalist DailyMail article, but has over a thousand comments, so I thought it might be worth posting. The last paragraph left me speechless. I'm glad someone found humour in this.

Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of August 10, 2021, 11:48 GMT are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 4,320,346

United States: 633,799
Brazil: 563,707
India: 428,715
Russia: 166,442
United Kingdom: 130,357
France: 112,288
Italy: 128,242
Spain: 82,125
Mexico: 244,690
South Africa: 75,012
Indonesia: 110,619
Netherlands: 17,871
Canada: 26,678
Chile: 36,107
Belgium: 25,274
Philippines: 29,220
Japan : 15,297
Bolivia: 18,004
Australia: 943
Peru: 197,029

Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of August 11, 2021, 12:18 GMT are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 4,330,782

United States: 634,662
Brazil: 564,890
India: 429,183
Russia: 167,241
United Kingdom: 130,503
France: 112,356
Italy: 128,273
Spain: 82,227
Mexico: 245,476
Poland: 75,289
South Africa: 75,201
Indonesia: 112,198
Netherlands: 17,878
Canada: 26,683
Chile: 36,138
Belgium: 25,279
Philippines: 29,374
Japan : 15,311
Bolivia: 18,004
Australia: 945
Peru: 197,102

•••
Nurse in Germany suspected of replacing Covid vaccines with saline solution

Authorities say about 8,600 people may have been affected

Authorities in northern Germany have appealed to thousands of people to get another shot of Covid vaccine after a police investigation found that a Red Cross nurse may have injected them with a saline solution.

The nurse is suspected of injecting salt solution into people’s arms instead of genuine doses at a vaccination centre in Friesland – a rural district near the North Sea coast – in the early spring.

“I am totally shocked by this episode,” Sven Ambrosy, a local councillor, said on Facebook as local authorities issued the call on Tuesday to about 8,600 residents who may have been affected.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...replacing-covid-vaccines-with-saline-solution

•••
Nurse in Germany suspected of replacing Covid vaccines with saline solution

Authorities say about 8,600 people may have been affected

Authorities in northern Germany have appealed to thousands of people to get another shot of Covid vaccine after a police investigation found that a Red Cross nurse may have injected them with a saline solution.

The nurse is suspected of injecting salt solution into people’s arms instead of genuine doses at a vaccination centre in Friesland – a rural district near the North Sea coast – in the early spring.

“I am totally shocked by this episode,” Sven Ambrosy, a local councillor, said on Facebook as local authorities issued the call on Tuesday to about 8,600 residents who may have been affected.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...replacing-covid-vaccines-with-saline-solution

I would take that vaccine ..

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Tax on billionaires’ Covid windfall could vaccinate every adult on Earth

Every adult in the world could get a Covid-19 vaccine if the wealth billionaires collected during the pandemic was taxed 99% once, according to an analysis published on Thursday by several groups that advocate for economic equity.

This one-time tax on the world’s 2,690 billionaires could also cover $20,000 in cash paid to all unemployed workers, according to the analysis by Oxfam, the Fight Inequality Alliance, the Institute for Policy Studies and the Patriotic Millionaires.

That tax would still leave the billionaires with $55bn more than they had before the pandemic, the analysis said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...covid-windfall-vaccinate-every-adult-on-earth

•••
A parent sent their child to school after a positive Covid-19 test. More than 80 students may have been exposed, officials say

(CNN)More than 80 students were potentially exposed to Covid-19 on the first day of class in Reno, Nevada, on Monday after a parent sent their child to Marce Herz Middle School, despite both the parent and child receiving a positive Covid-19 test just two days earlier, Washoe County Health District officials said.

The exposed students had to quarantine at home and started distance learning on Tuesday, the Washoe County School District said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/12/us/reno-nevada-school-covid-exposure/index.html

•••
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/342729/Three-new-COVID-19-outbreaks-at-Kelowna-care-homes
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/342729/Three-new-COVID-19-outbreaks-at-Kelowna-care-homes
COVID-19 outbreaks have been declared at three more Kelowna care homes Thursday.

On the same day Dr. Bonnie Henry announced new immunization requirements for care home staff in B.C., effective Oct. 12, Interior Health announced the new outbreaks at the David Lloyd Jones long-term care home, Village at Mill Creek long-term care home and Hawthorn Park assisted/independent living facility.

The new outbreaks are in addition to the outbreak at Kelowna's Cottonwoods Care Centre and West Kelowna's Brookhaven Care Centre

18 months later its still getting into care homes. I guess we havent learned... or people want the free ride government gave unemployed last year 500$ week

i think people deliberately spreading fake virus to prolong.
Kelowna and area still hot, half of BC’s cases are in our little area 1/15 of province bc. Tourists everywhere, only central okanagan needs to wear masks at this time.

anyone heard from mr funsky or have way to contact his family?

•••
My deepest apologies to anyone that may have been concerned about my absence from nps. A former associate and current friend asked that I assist on a project that took me away and I only expected to be absent for a couple of days but it took twice as long as projected.

The details can't be shared but it was successful save a couple cracked ribs...not sustained during the project but afterwards at a 'restaurant' that had tall rickety wooden chairs and broken tile floors. Only had one sip of a lukewarm beer and as I put it down on the counter the chair gave way and I fell backwards and landed pretty hard. Haven't seen a doc but it is likely only the ribs that sustained injury (I've had a few of those over the years).

The downside to my being gone is that my constant traveling companion and best friend (my dog) could not go with me on this trip. She has been distant since I arrived back late last night but after our morning run I think things will be back to normal. :xf.smile:

BTW, when my expire date arrives, I've left instructions for someone to post on nps...the person that is in control of my names will put up a bulk listing...going to be some gems in there! (y)

Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 4,352,137
United States: 636,298
Brazil: 566,988
India: 430,285
Russia: 168,864
United Kingdom: 130,701
France: 112,487
Italy: 128,334
Spain: 82,407
Mexico: 246,811
Poland: 75,297
South Africa: 76,247
Indonesia: 115,096
Netherlands: 17,894
Canada: 26,692
Chile: 36,243
Belgium: 25,285
Philippines: 28,231
Japan : 15,358
Bolivia: 18,109
Australia: 949
Peru: 197,209

•••
Thanks @Mister Funsky -- so glad to hear you're still with us. Hope that your ribs heal and your dog warms up to you again.

•••
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelow...h-COVID-19-hell-vows-to-get-vaccinated#342719

A 33-year-old Kelowna woman is sharing her battle with COVID-19.

"I'm at KGH with covid and it's brutal."

Mariza Roos, tells Castanet she waited to get her vaccine and now wishes she hadn't.

"I was somewhat skeptical of the vaccine, and it held me back from getting it."

But since she wound up in hospital Roos has changed her tune.

"No words, no thoughts, except for is this how I might die? It's been hell. If I would do it again I would be double vaccinated in a heartbeat and I know about the controversy but this experience has been much worse."

Roos says things started to go south for her on August 5 when she had trouble breathing.

"I went downhill very fast, my mom rushed me to emergency, (I was) unable to speak, very lethargic slouched in a wheelchair and with my oxygen below 80 percent.

Roos says she was struggling to breathe on her own and could barely speak.
Read more and see her picture
Its real and its bad here, and its only going to get worse if we dont take it serious.

•••
BTW, when my expire date arrives, I've left instructions for someone to post on nps...the person that is in control of my names will put up a bulk listing...going to be some gems in there! (y)

If the person wants/needs input I'm sure there's some here who would be willing to help. I wouldn't be the best choice, but you can put me down as someone they could message.

•••
If only there was a way to avoid getting covid...

Update: Three Broward County Educators Lose Battle With COVID-19 In Less Than 24 Hours

UPDATE: Broward Teachers Union President Anna Fusco clarified on Friday August 13, it was three, not four, Broward County School employees who passed away during a 24-hour period. Two teachers and a teachers assistant.

The fourth death was a Broward County Public Schools graduate with close ties to the school district through her job.

None of the people who died were vaccinated, said Fusco.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/13/broward-educators-lose-battle-with-covid/

•••
Wildfire smoke has caused rise in Covid infections and deaths, study finds

Pollutants in smoke billowing from huge wildfires in the west of America have probably caused an increase in Covid-19 infections and deaths across several US states, new research has found.

Last year more than 10m acres of land were torched by wildfires, with five out of the six largest fires ever documented in California occurring within just a few months. The burning trees, shrubs and buildings gave off enormous plumes of smoke containing small particles of soot.

The spread of these tiny particles, known as PM2.5, probably caused a spike in Covid cases and deaths in parts of the US west, the new paper has discovered. The smoke helped raise the coronavirus infection rate by nearly 20% in certain counties, with half of all Covid deaths in some places attributable to the pollution, according to the study.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/13/wildfire-smoke-covid-infections-deaths-study

•••
•••
US could soon hit more than 200,000 new coronavirus cases per day, NIH director warns

(CNN)The US could soon see more than 200,000 new cases of Covid-19 every day as the Delta variant spreads at a rapid pace, particularly among unvaccinated people, the director of the National Institutes of Health predicted.

"I will be surprised if we don't cross 200,000 cases a day in the next couple of weeks, and that's heartbreaking considering we never thought we would be back in that space again," Dr. Francis Collins said on Fox News Sunday.

"That was January, February, that shouldn't be August. But here we are with the Delta variant, which is so contagious, and this heartbreaking situation where 90 million people are still unvaccinated, who are sitting ducks for this virus, and that's the mess we're in."

US could soon hit more than 200,000 new coronavirus cases per day, NIH director warns

•••
‘No concept of how awful it was’: the forgotten world of pre-vaccine childhood in Australia

It’s 1940, and a five-year-old boy lies in an oxygen tent. He struggles for breath and hallucinates that his leaden toy soldiers are alive and marching around the room, monstering him with their bayonets.

He has diphtheria, a disease also known as the Strangling Angel. There is a vaccine, but not every child has been inoculated. The bacterial infection creates a membrane across the back of the throat, cutting off air supply.

The little boy’s mother, sitting a desperate vigil next to the oxygen tent, has seen diphtheria take other children.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...n-world-of-pre-vaccine-childhood-in-australia

•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 4,378,194
United States: 637,561
Brazil: 569,218
India: 431,674
Russia: 171,305
United Kingdom: 130,953
France: 112,656
Italy: 128,432
Spain: 82,470
Mexico: 248,380
Poland: 75,299
South Africa: 77,141
Indonesia: 118,833
Netherlands: 17,909
Canada: 26,607
Chile: 36,380
Belgium: 25,287
Philippines: 30,366
Japan : 15,408
Bolivia: 18,185
Australia: 966
Peru: 197,393

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back