Dynadot

strategy Couple SquadHelp Strategy Questions

NameSilo
Watch

CDM

Established Member
Impact
I uploaded most of my portfolio about 9 months ago, listed all as Standard upgrade listings, and spent several months actively submitting names to any contests where there was a possible fit. I've not sold anything yet, which could be by chance, but I'm wondering other's experience here: Can anyone say if they have ever sold a Standard listing on SquadHelp?

All the reported sales I've heard of were Premiums. Would like to know if I am wasting my time or not, since having to manage names at an additional marketplace creates extra overhead, especially with SquadHelp which is much greater administrative overhead than other marketplaces since you have to do things like set categories, logos, descriptions, keywords, etc to have even a modest shot at selling something (according to their own stats they say doing these things dramatically boosts the sell through rate).

Second question: I believe some SquadHelp creatives are able to submit Premium domains to contests even when it is someone else's name, and get a commission if that name wins. Is this also true for Standard listings? Can those be submitted to contests by other users too?

If so, then if anyone here on NP is such a SH creative, I'm happy to send you my list of names at SH so that if you see a contest that is a great fit, you can submit it (instead of me) and earn the commission if it wins. This can be a win-win, since it relieves me of time spent submitting to contests. PM if any interest. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They can only submit your names if you have that enabled in your settings.

•••
•••
Another question: Is it better to price names or negotiate with contest holders? Does SH have any data on which leads to more sales? Since it is a contest-driven marketplace I doubt there are as many 'impulse sales' so it may not matter as much to have your domains priced, but am just wondering.

•••
I’ve sold 5 standards $25, $45, $200, $350, $1000. But no premiums. Not much return for the effort put in so far to be honest. I’ve had offers on premiums but the negotiation is taken out of your hands and left with SquadHelp. They just seem to take too long. I received an offer of $2500 yesterday on a premium listed for $3499. I received a message from SH saying that they don’t recommend accepting the first offer. This is a great first offer and I’m in need of a cash injection so I responded within 10 minutes of receiving the offer, saying to accept it. Took about 12 hours for them to follow up with the purchaser and the line has gone dead. My domain but I can’t even communicate directly with the buyer. That sale could have been closed in 15 minutes. It’s happened a couple of times now and for 35% commission they really need to improve that. Standards although still not great, have been better because I deal directly with the buyer and can close sales my way. I am starting to have doubts though in general and thinking of trying other options.

•••
I’ve sold 5 standards $25, $45, $200, $350, $1000. But no premiums. Not much return for the effort put in so far to be honest. I’ve had offers on premiums but the negotiation is taken out of your hands and left with SquadHelp. They just seem to take too long. I received an offer of $2500 yesterday on a premium listed for $3499. I received a message from SH saying that they don’t recommend accepting the first offer. This is a great first offer and I’m in need of a cash injection so I responded within 10 minutes of receiving the offer, saying to accept it. Took about 12 hours for them to follow up with the purchaser and the line has gone dead. My domain but I can’t even communicate directly with the buyer. That sale could have been closed in 15 minutes. It’s happened a couple of times now and for 35% commission they really need to improve that. Standards although still not great, have been better because I deal directly with the buyer and can close sales my way. I am starting to have doubts though in general and thinking of trying other options.

This is great. Thank you! This is the best and most direct feedback of experience I've seen shared. Very helpful.

The 35% commission sounds shockingly high. I would definitely be raising prices on those and having the buyer eat the difference. I wouldn't think it worth it (for me personally) to list domains below a certain price point as Premiums (for me, maybe $10k minimum). Since as a Premium listing it's going to be parked with SH, do you have any way of knowing whether the leads come in direct type-in versus through whatever efforts they are making to promote and advertise the name? I just think that for sub $5k domains you are probably losing as much exposure from not having a name being syndicated through Afternic partners, as you might gain from the SH exclusivity, if not more, but I can only speculate there. And/or if you have it parked on Efty or DAN would if the leads are coming direct, then it would make no difference.

Last edited:
•••
Have not sold any standard listings but see WLM sales in the recent sales all the time.

I have also experienced an offer on a domain, replied and the line went dead. Not sure if these are legitimate offers or not.

•••
I have 4 domains accepted in premium list, getting some traffic on them and few shortlistings as well. But yes, the commission is way too high.

Hoping to see some sales via SH. By the way you can submit any domains from SH premium, it's not necessary if you own it or not (I did that today only).

•••
I sold a premium name only recently via an instalment option and the process so far has been smooth and hassle free. All of my listings are premium.

•••
How many premium domains do you have that are listed on SH?

•••
Guys,
What is your opinion about having 100% SH/BB domains in portfolio? For example if we focus on collecting/buying only SquadHelp published names، not any other domains, can this be a profitable investment?
If not, why?
If yes, then:
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 50 domains?
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 100 domains?
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 200 domains?
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 500 domains?

Thank you!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back