IT.COM

discuss Cost was $19.95 to get a 100k counter-offer on Dispensary.Best

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I go to Dynadot and see dispensary.best is for sale, not via Dynadot.com but thru DomainAgents.com

So I pay the required $19.95 fee to domainagents to handle my offer to buy dispensary.best

So the owner rejects my mid-3 figure offer with a $100,000 counter-offer! Is the name that good?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I love best and only have 4 of them. I still shun threads like this, misleading. I will joke about .best being good and bad, because there are points for both sides! One thing though, don't accuse unless you know 100% - otherwise it's assuming and will get you in trouble.

•••
I can't believe you did not grab it at $100K!

Now, once you realize what you have done, and go asking, he will raise to the fair price of $500K!

You really fumbled this one.

:xf.laugh: You left off the "/s" at the end.

•••
You really dont know how to read search results, do you ?

Yes I do know. That is of course without quotes, with quotes much different. A reason I am not using quotes is because when the general public non-domainer searches they rarely use quotes.

•••
But nobody is searching for that combo. I could take almost any valuable domain and flip keywords around and get high results, but it doesnt mean the domain is valuable.

That's probably true to a degree and a very good point however both ways are in search. Look at what Cyril said long ago about Madeira Best and Best Madeira for example.

It's possible that ;best; being a noun, adjective, verb or adverb may be important factors.

Last edited:
•••
Problem with domain is low search volume, and never will be high.
Dispensary is not just ppl looking for pot.
It's not brandable. PPL that are searching are looking for a brick-and-mortar, local place, not something you can easily monetize.

Last edited:
•••
If I worked for Cyril.Best I would say it has a 100k value and not ask if the name is that good knowing so many here will be extremely negative and would not buy it for $19.95 (as said above by E-Thunder).

Hahah yeah whatever it’s worth nothing but all the best

•••
•••
.....I didnot so negative on .best, I even register some recently include employer(s).best, but to be honetsty, I dont think 100k or $xxxx is a reasonable price to dispensary.best..best is a sensible extention for me , I dont care too much on it order~ best xxx or xxx.best~but why I spend so much money for ngtld, I expect lowest cost while I goto ngtld....specially, while I am a domainer, I only want spend regfee for ngtld at this moment, if it take by others just forget it....ngtld have so many alternative, why I need spend 100k for one ngtld?

Thanks for the excellent feedback Zilla and I agree with a lot of what you said above, especially the exact word-order issue and cost, which is a reason I have paid a very low average price of not much more than $2 for my .best names until now.

Contrary to what others are strangely alleging. I seriously started the thread not to promote .best (why would I do that?) but to get honest feedback on how much more if any that name may be valued at above my mid-3 figure offer since I was thinking about going a bit more.

Was also was thinking the chain of events to get a 100k counter-offer and needing to pay $19.95 to get it was both interesting and entertaining but that seems incorrect with a lack of interest in that and instead greeted with intense and great hostility.

P.S. Zilla, Employer.best and Employers.best are 2 very nice names, imo..

Last edited:
•••
Yup, or cannashops.best or cannastores.best or a ton of other ones. $2.75 each. :ROFL:
True! 😁

But "CannabisShop" is the term as per the Wikipedia also!

Again, just saying. 🤷‍♂️

•••
Wait, what will happen in a year when the TLD masters release ".VeryBest" ?

Because there are only 3,000 TLD's right now and they can never have enough. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I'm going to register MapleDots.best for $2.75, then wait for you to come around and offer me $xxx
I checked the Canadian TM database for you @NYJimbo - no TM on MapleDot or MapleDots. I think you are UDRP safe! (not a legal opinion, legal course MOOC dropout)

•••
I checked the Canadian TM database for you @NYJimbo - no TM on MapleDot or MapleDots. I think you are UDRP safe! (not a legal opinion, legal course MOOC dropout)
Ha, ha... my evil plan will work. .BEST must truly be the gold mine TLD for me. :pirate:

•••

HeHe.... it's not as cut and dry as that
We have a lawyer on the forum and you should read his posts about names that are used in commerce.

That said I did not even register MapleDot.com (singular) when it was available so chances are I'm sure as heck never going to care about .best, .top, .pro etc.

If someone wants to use it more power to them.... you still won't get one of my domains unless you come to MapleDots.com or MapleDots.ca :xf.laugh:

So you see the chances of a MapleDots.best sale is virtually nonexistent if one waits for me.
The odds are this is pretty close to the general conception out there.

The only hope .best has is with generic words like loans.best and that just does not sound grammatically correct to me.

Last edited:
•••
You think it is people look for illegal drug?
It's people looking to pick up prescriptions, they are not going to drive far to get it. It can't be shipped.

•••
It could be he DOES understand, but if he uses the normal logic of searches it doesn't help his argument.

I'm done here. This is just another .BEST promo from him that he is pretending to be something else.

In my opinion he should open a new topic and call it BLATANT .BEST PROMO THREAD

Hey, why not.... at least one would know what the topic was about upon entering the conversation.

•••
It depends how you define best or top @Kate
  • .top has in last year 553 NameBio listed sales totalling $1.8 million. With .best (last year only, above $100, NB listed only) it is $0 and $0.
  • .top has about 3.6 million registrations and .best about 12 thousand.
  • For me top has about 24 billion search results and best about 17 billion Google search results.
  • In terms of abuse .best has a score of 0.05 while .top 3.63 (lower is better)
Bob

•••
ignoring that search result metric entirely either way
While your reply is well reasoned, @Joe Nichols I don't agree entirely (although gave you a like :xf.wink:). I would agree that they should not be near the top of your list of considerations. But I do always do the check both with and without quotes (and the + mark option). If I find a really low number, it is telling me that I am ahead of popular use, and should only consider the domain investment long term and if I have expert knowledge that provides evidence that the term will become important.

I also use it in another way. For example about a year ago I was considering the esports niche. I was reading up but did not know personally whether esport, esports, e-sport, e-sports would be best. Google searches can help you differentiate which are more used. Important intelligence in my opinion. Yes, I looked at sales of different terms, and other metrics, but the Google search is something not to be ignored imho.

Bob

•••
While your reply is well reasoned, @Joe Nichols I don't agree entirely (although gave you a like :xf.wink:). I would agree that they should not be near the top of your list of considerations. But I do always do the check both with and without quotes (and the + mark option). If I find a really low number, it is telling me that I am ahead of popular use, and should only consider the domain investment long term and if I have expert knowledge that provides evidence that the term will become important.

I also use it in another way. For example about a year ago I was considering the esports niche. I was reading up but did not know personally whether esport, esports, e-sport, e-sports would be best. Google searches can help you differentiate which are more used. Important intelligence in my opinion. Yes, I looked at sales of different terms, and other metrics, but the Google search is something not to be ignored imho.

Bob
Definitely a nice way to check on which variations of a term/word are more popular! For example: plural versus singular. I agree that has some value.

I just get an eye twitch when I see some folks on here quoting the search result volume as a means of demonstrating their name's value. It's backwards logic. I just typed in an exact search for "best restaurants in north America"... over 400K results!! Do I want to own that in .com? No thank you.

•••
Like this post, clear with fact...thanks.:xf.cool:

I didnot so negative on .best, I even register some recently include employer(s).best, but to be honetsty, I dont think 100k or $xxxx is a reasonable price to dispensary.best..best is a sensible extention for me , I dont care too much on it order~ best xxx or xxx.best~but why I spend so much money for ngtld, I expect lowest cost while I goto ngtld....

specially, while I am a domainer, I only want spend regfee for ngtld at this moment, if it take by others just forget it....ngtld have so many alternative, why I need spend 100k for one ngtld?

Yeah, I'd say since the .com was registered today 4/11/2019, there is a very low probability the term has high value.

The proper version of the term would be BestDispensary.com or BestDispensaries.com and those both were registered in 2009 and 2013.

•••
We already had .top, now .bests. So which one is the bestest ? :xf.smile:

No No.... you've got that wrong!!

I'm waiting for the .comest

:xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
rule #1 with these new extensions is to make sure the words are in the correct order and if they are not just move on to another name.

I agree with you entirely IF you are viewing it as a domain name phrase. Occasionally non-optimum combinations sell, but most of the time the right one has the high value.

However, if you view .best like .com or .org or .ca, as an appendage that is not really part of the name but rather providing a vague indication of the time of name) then the order is not relevant. In this case .best is saying this is somehow a "best of" type of review/comment/reference site, just like .ca is telling me it is a Canadian based name and .org is telling me it is some sort of organization.

I think .best can be interpreted either way (stand alone or as part of domain phrase) but we should not confuse the two.

Bob

•••
Definitely a nice way to check on which variations of a term/word are more popular! For example: plural versus singular. I agree that has some value.

I just get an eye twitch when I see some folks on here quoting the search result volume as a means of demonstrating their name's value. It's backwards logic. I just typed in an exact search for "best restaurants in north America"... over 400K results!! Do I want to own that in .com? No thank you.

If only it was 2007 all over again! :)

•••
•••
That was sharp of you spotting that registration from today. Who here will admit getting it, which was a nice new reg and should get in the April contest? BTW, I like dispensary.best more than new reg dispensarybest.com but far far than 100k more!

It would have to be one smart guy for sure.

•••
dispensarybest.com GoDaddy Appraisal
icn-godaddy-valuation.png
Estimated Value: $1,438

Why this is valuable

• Comparable domains sold:
      organicbest.com $888
      franchisebest.com $2,295
      newyorkbest.com $2,025
      See more

• Popular keyword: best is a widely used keyword.
    • Memorable: dispensarybest.com is easy to remember.
    • Great extension: Uses the .com extension.
  • More Comparable Domains Sold

• skincarebest.com
    Sold for $988
    localsbest.com
    Sold for $1,788
    breedersbest.com
    Sold for $2,288
    gentlemensbest.com
    Sold for $877
    venturebest.com
    Sold for $1,777
    butchersbest.com
    Sold for $900
    bouldersbest.com
    Sold for $688
Actually my post was supposed to be a joke...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back