Dynadot

discuss Cost was $19.95 to get a 100k counter-offer on Dispensary.Best

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I go to Dynadot and see dispensary.best is for sale, not via Dynadot.com but thru DomainAgents.com

So I pay the required $19.95 fee to domainagents to handle my offer to buy dispensary.best

So the owner rejects my mid-3 figure offer with a $100,000 counter-offer! Is the name that good?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I definitely see 2 potential buyers for DispensaryBest.com, the OP here and owner of Dispensary.best.

And would say it’s worth more than reg. fee, between $19.95 and $100k, right?

GoDaddy appraisal and comparable sales were higher than I would’ve thought too.

•••
This is I think on topic with the original of this thread. I have never used a service like DomainAgent or similar from other companies. I want to learn more. What exactly do they do for the $19.95. Do they simply send to the Whois contact (if they can get that through a subscription service) or lacking that the cloaked contact through registry a message asking how much the owner wants for the domain name, and then conveys that information to you, or do they do something else?

Bob

PS Added question - Why do people who want to sell a domain name not have a lander so prospective clients can contact them? If all domains had landers it seems the service would not be necessary. Is it simply to not be bothered with frivolous inquiries?

I know about GoDaddy Domain Buy Service.
You pay $60 to GoDaddy to buy a domain name.
You tell them your budget. They have 30 days to get the domain.
The broker will contact the owner with a low offer, offer has like 8 days to expire, he will let the offer expire without saying anything even if you counter. Sooner or later he will present the full offer (budget).
People use it if there's no landing page or whois info, or if they have no experience negotiating domains.

•••
This is I think on topic with the original of this thread. I have never used a service like DomainAgent or similar from other companies. I want to learn more. What exactly do they do for the $19.95. Do they simply send to the Whois contact (if they can get that through a subscription service) or lacking that the cloaked contact through registry a message asking how much the owner wants for the domain name, and then conveys that information to you, or do they do something else?

Bob

PS Added question - Why do people who want to sell a domain name not have a lander so prospective clients can contact them? If all domains had landers it seems the service would not be necessary. Is it simply to not be bothered with frivolous inquiries?

"When a potential buyer is interested in a domain name, the buyer purchases a DomainAgents credit and identifies the domain name they are interested in acquiring. We then attempt to contact the domain name owner to present the offer on the buyer's behalf. You will receive notice from DomainAgents via email or phone alerting you to the offer. When you visit DomainAgents, you can engage in negotiations, accept, or decline the offer. If you engage in the negotiation, to compensate you for your time, DomainAgents gives you the choice of a $10.00 payment, etc"

So if they get a lot of inquiries the $10 credits you may get by PayPal can add up.

On this one there was no make offer landing page except saying use DomainAgents and also no way to contact owner direct.

P.S. DA refunds/credits the fee if unable to get reply from owner, not sure about GD.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
While I totally respect that there are numerous legitimate reasons to not be fans of the .best extension (only modest number of registrations, only tiny number of resales, not a wealth of real sites yet using it, to some semantic issues, to name a few) I would like to humbly request that just because a member is keen on this extension that does not give people the right to falsely claim that he is being somehow supported by the registry to promote the extension.

By all means express your view on the TLD, but let's leave personal attacks out of this, please. Anyway, just wanted to explain why I used a dislike, something I do only very rarely on NPs, with respect to a post a bit earlier in this thread.

Bob

Just keen on this extension? Or brag with false numbers? I have nothing against enthusiasm but, this is something else.

•••
@Bob Hawke

I'm talking about the op. You said you can't blame someone for just being enthusiastic about an extension

I would like to humbly request that just because a member is keen on this extension that does not give people the right to falsely claim that he is being somehow supported

My awnser was
Just keen on this extension? Or brag with false numbers? I have nothing against enthusiasm but, this is something else.

I have nothing against you and I don't call you a brag the, the OP is. I respect everyone and think it's good to be open to other extensions. I just think that too many fake numbers are thrown around when it comes to .best. There are more threads like this on NP, pure Shilling and hyping. People who make such stories in the crypto world get paid for it, so why not with domaining.

•••
someone should register .est

now you could have best.est :xf.laugh:

•••
HeHe....

just checked and .est is already out there
Since we .best proponents don't care about order :xf.cool: I tried to register est.best which is surely as good as best.est :xf.grin:, but alas someone has it! :xf.sick:

I think there is a .uno too

Hurry and get numero.uno :ROFL:

•••
•••
n/m

Last edited:
•••
The TLD is crappy, but the keyword and searches are good. I'm not sure but definitely not 100k though.

•••
do u work for .best as you seem to rave about it a lot seems very odd..

If I worked for Cyril.Best I would say it has a 100k value and not ask if the name is that good knowing so many here will be extremely negative and would not buy it for $19.95 (as said above by E-Thunder).

Last edited:
•••
If I worked for Cyril.Best I would say it has a 100k value and not ask if the name is that good knowing so many here will be extremely negative and would not buy it for $19.95 (as said above by E-Thunder).
That would be too obvious. Making it a question was to make it look legit.

What's the price on Cyril.crap?

•••
Why offer mid 3 figsures? Pretty certain you working for the registry with these threads on .best.

•••
lol
you still don't get it do you?
people aren't negative about it
people are being honest, truthful about it.
and giving you the correct advice.

Some members here would not pay even $20 for such a powerful name, keeping in mind <dispensary best> has 15,000,000 results in G which is very close to the vastly more natural sounding <best dispensary> and its 18,000,000 results!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks NY Jimbo, I already have so many in a short time I have memorized my credit card security code which Dynadot requires on all transactions.

Last edited:
•••
Why offer mid 3 figsures? Pretty certain you working for the registry with these threads on .best.

Cyril.Best must know a nice 2 bedroom condo with a good view of both downtown Paris and the Eiffel Tower would be fabulous :xf.smile: :xf.smile:

•••
Problem with domain is low search volume, and never will be high.
Dispensary is not just ppl looking for pot.
It's not brandable. PPL that are searching are looking for a brick-and-mortar, local place, not something you can easily monetize.

You think it is people look for illegal drug?

•••
So the owner rejects my mid-3 figure offer with a $100,000 counter-offer! Is the name that good?
please don't let that leaf grow into a tree : )
Pinnochio2.png

•••
Well this is just blatantly misinformed and misleading. Searching without quotes just brings up all pages that contains those words somewhere in some random order! Ridiculous to use that as a reason to assign value to a domain name. Hey look what else is available! Four million results!

Not really Joe, IMO what you are saying seems more blatantly misinformed and misleading! Who would type-in funny pancake watermelon best compared to typing-in best dispensary?

So how much do you think hotels.best is valued at?

Last edited:
•••
•••
The semantically correct dispense.best is a possible phrase available at hand reg
Well that didn't take long! I see someone else took it as I thought about it! :xf.grin: Best wishes to whoever got it. My credit card had almost thawed from the freezer. :xf.cool:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back