IT.COM

discuss Cost was $19.95 to get a 100k counter-offer on Dispensary.Best

NameSilo
Watch
So I go to Dynadot and see dispensary.best is for sale, not via Dynadot.com but thru DomainAgents.com

So I pay the required $19.95 fee to domainagents to handle my offer to buy dispensary.best

So the owner rejects my mid-3 figure offer with a $100,000 counter-offer! Is the name that good?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn’t pay $19.95 for the domain even.

•••
I can't believe you did not grab it at $100K!

Now, once you realize what you have done, and go asking, he will raise to the fair price of $500K!

You really fumbled this one.

•••
So I go to Dynadot and see dispensary.best is for sale, not via Dynadot.com but thru DomainAgents.com

So I pay the required $19.95 fee to domainagents to handle my offer to buy dispensary.best

So the owner rejects my mid-3 figure offer with a $100,000 counter-offer! Is the name that good?

do u work for .best as you seem to rave about it alot seems very odd..

•••
Don't listen to anyone! They don't want to get into bidding war with you and will quietly snatch it.

Dispensaries are big! .Best is huge! You combine those two, you are sitting on a gold mine!

•••
euh

you already overpaid it by 19.95$ when you paid domainagents to make offer.

count your lucky stars the seller was dumb enough to reject your offer.

•••
I would even not register it as a hand reg. Almost every new extension starts with hype then quickly fades.

It would likely just become a renewal burden.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Some members here would not pay even $20 for such a powerful name, keeping in mind <dispensary best> has 15,000,000 results in G which is very close to the vastly more natural sounding <best dispensary> and its 18,000,000 results!

"Results" means absolutely nothing. Not sure why anyone uses it as a metric at all, other than the fact that it's always a high number that people use to try to make their terrible domains meaningful.

GTrgIHm.jpg

•••
Looks like DispensaryBest.com is for sale on Sedo for mid $XXX as an alternative.

•••
If I worked for Cyril.Best I would say it has a 100k value and not ask if the name is that good knowing so many here will be extremely negative and would not buy it for $19.95 (as said above by E-Thunder).

lol
you still don't get it do you?
people aren't negative about it
people are being honest, truthful about it.
and giving you the correct advice.

•••
Yes I do know. That is of course without quotes, with quotes much different. A reason I am not using quotes is because when the general public non-domainer searches they rarely use quotes.
But nobody is searching for that combo. I could take almost any valuable domain and flip keywords around and get high results, but it doesnt mean the domain is valuable.

You are trying too hard to make .best a thing. Only time will show what its worth, but I am not going to invest money to end up with another .mobi or .online.

Last edited:
•••

bad attempt again to promote .best
do you think you are talking to 5 years old kids here?!

who is in his right mind will ask 100k for this domain? if I was the domain owner I would ask $500 and be hopeful that the buyer will not disappear because of that high price!

•••
Yes I do know. That is of course without quotes, with quotes much different. A reason I am not using quotes is because when the general public non-domainer searches they rarely use quotes.
Well this is just blatantly misinformed and misleading.

Searching without quotes just brings up all pages that contains those words somewhere in some random order! Ridiculous to use that as a reason to assign value to a domain name.

Hey look what else is available! Four million results!
Capture.JPG

•••
Some members here would not pay even $20 for such a powerful name, keeping in mind <dispensary best> has 15,000,000 results in G which is very close to the vastly more natural sounding <best dispensary> and its 18,000,000 results!

the only powerful thing I see here is the spell that our friend cyril may have cast on you via his endless .best promotions.
;)

•••
You really dont know how to read search results, do you ?

dispensary best, in that order has 11,600 results. But most of them are separated by a comma.

The domain is worth what you offered, about $xxx to maybe $xxxx, but probably to a speculator.

Last edited:
•••
Well, you go invest, let us know how that works out.

You know, this is probably the best advice...

The proof is in the pudding, if one believes in an extension just invest and lets see the performance in 5 years or so. You either make money or we will visit his marketplace and get a 404 error because he has gone out of business.

Time always tells the tale of who was right and who was wrong

Last edited:
•••
•••
My thoughts on .best:
I would feel fairly comfortable arguing either in favour or against .best based on evidence we have at the moment. Here is how I see the extension.

Pro
  • It is true that the word of the extension is very popular in search.
  • When combined with other words it leads to lots of results. We can, and do, debate how meaningful this is, but at the very least it means the number of potential users is significant.
  • Best ia a noun, verb, adjective and adverb. This makes many forms of phrasing possible.
  • The owners (now) have big plans as a social media rating use, and if this takes off best will get noticed and spillover will help other names, perhaps in a huge way.
  • There are lots of great words not registry reserved and therefore available at standard fees.
  • It is a positive word.
  • The registry is active in promoting it (see also cons re this).
  • So far at least it has excellent lack of abuse characteristics.
  • While discounts have been offered, so far it has not been (arguably) discounted to levels where abuse and cheapening of the extension occurs.
  • While .top is almost entirely China based, it could be argued that it is a similar type of word, and in last couple of years it has been the most successful in terms of number and value of sales of new extensions. Could .best achieve similarly in rest of world?
  • It is handled by lots of registrars, and can be sold on Sedo and Afternic and others.
  • It works ideally for reference sites "best of" and in domain name phrases.
  • The word best has sold as part of many (mainly .com) domain names - 1663 sales in NameBio with average price of $1729. These are very decent numbers which help justify that best is indeed a high value term. BestPrices $81,000, BestRecipes $45,000 etc.
Con
  • While the extension has been around for years, it never really took off (pricing and lack of promotion related), and it is still too early to say with the new owners how popular it will be.
  • The resale market record is very thin so far (one above $100 on NameBio, an additional one on DNPric.es, and one just under $100 on NameBio).
  • I have done some searching and it seems to me that real world use is pretty restricted so far.
  • While the presence of registry co-CEOs on NPs could have been highly positive if restricted to answering questions and explaining plans for the social media site, over hyping has resulted in most domainers being highly critical of the extension (see this thread, e.g.!)
  • It is an English word. That means that it is not a natural in other parts of the world.
  • The very aspect that makes it good for social media / review / reference use also restrict its suitability as the main domain name for a company (or most companies).. I think this will restrict high value resales.
  • While the lower (and reasonably) renewal rates have been announced, it would be nice to see them confirmed with registrars which to my opinion has not yet happened.
  • Some high value combinations are opposite to the usual order of speech. I think this is not as detrimental as many claim, but it can at least be argued.
So what do I think? If you can obtain a high value word at discounted standard fee I personally see it as worth a year's trial (and have done that with about 20ish names). Don't invest more than you can afford to lose (I say exactly the same for other domains including 2 word .coms). I am unclear whether the rule of most new gTLDs that most resales are in single words will apply to this extension, or whether two words will also have value.

If the use of the extension for "best of" sites takes off they will pay for themselves many times over. I view them as high risk right now, but potentially high reward (as a ratio of sales to price paid, not in absolute terms) domain names.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
This .Best Registry is becoming too desperate, using all tricks in their book to try and trick Domain Investors into buying their .Crap

•••
•••
I agree and a very good point however both ways are in search. Look at what Cyril said long ago about Madeira Best and Best Madeira for example.
Well, you go invest, let us know how that works out.

•••
Cyril.Best must know a nice 2 bedroom condo with a good view of both downtown Paris and the Eiffel Tower would be fabulous :xf.smile: :xf.smile:

keep up your good work here and he'll let you live there, in his, for free ;)

•••
.best is an awful TLD. Is Cyril paying you for these posts? I'd be desperate as well upon realising the awful mistake I made owning that tld.

•••
•••
Not really Joe, IMO what you are saying seems more blatantly misinformed and misleading! Who would type-in funny pancake watermelon best compared to typing-in best dispensary?

So how much do you think hotels.best is valued at?
No one would type it in! And yet it yields four million results! That's the point! If you want to see the real search result value of a keyword combination, you need to enter them in the same order, with quotes.

I'm not the right person to ask about hotels dot best. I don't like new TLDs and I've never bought one. There are few I would be willing to pay more than a modest reg fee to acquire. But heck, if Cyril sells it for $1 million then I guess it's worth $1 million!

Last edited:
•••

You can buy the best name "CannabisShop.best" for cheaper price, just saying! 🤷‍♂️

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back