NameSilo

.info Cost of Renewing those "free" .info's...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Now that the free .info promotion is over, have any of you checked to see what the renewal cost will be for your "free" .info's?

So far, my 1and1.com .infos will cost only $5.99 a year to renew, lower than those I got thru GoDaddy (info's "on sale" at $6.95 yr).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
domainsite's ones are $7.77.

•••
Could be an expensive Christmas for some next year! 25x $7.77 =$194.25!
FREE is a powerful word!

•••
And I'm sure some info renewals are higher than that.. but I expect we'll see as much as 30% dropped.

rondo said:
Could be an expensive Christmas for some next year! 25x $7.77 =$194.25!
FREE is a powerful word!

•••
dgridley said:
And I'm sure some info renewals are higher than that.. but I expect we'll see as much as 30% dropped.

Exactly. I've got 3 .info's that are performing very well, but the rest... Not so many type ins, and nobody wants to buy even those that fit the extension.

-Allan

•••
.info is a fairly weak market to say the least.

Knowing many of the el cheapo's that I do and have seen, I expect the drop rate to be around 50-60% for the free ones. With Domainsite amongst other places, getting the .info's were nothing more than a free account away. It's easy for a 15 yr old to sign up and pick up the domains and they don't even need plastic.

•••
Don't feel obligated to renew. Try to sell if even only for $15 and you are ahead with enough to renew two others if they have potential.

Personally, If they don't sell and I don't see potential or traffic, they will probably be on the drop lists next fall. The ones enom picked up, almost surely will be, because the weren't ones I'd chosen and if I wanted them I'd have registered them. They are a nice little bonus to throw in at the last minute to a buyer of the .com though.

•••
dgridley said:

Expect to see way more then 30% dropped. You may not drop them but the majority of people registered crap.

Renewal at 1dni.com is $40!!!!!

If I renew I'll transfer to domainsite.com or something. Or I'll try to unload them before they exprie.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back