domain Consumed with the "Redskin" name change - TheHogs.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Due to "culture change" and the "black lives matter" crowd, I find myself embroiled in a new name search for the "Washington Redskins". Because my grandfather died in my arms while listening to a Redskin game on the radio way back in 1965, I feel very close to this "culture change" Bull Shit:xf.rolleyes:

Now that I've calmed down a little, if it weren't for my discovering this industry just a few years ago I might not care as much. Fortunately I'm almost as familiar with the trademark industry as with the domain industry. There have been dozens of names tossed around like the "Washington Redtails" or the "Washington Presidents" but I'm even paranoid now about having "Washington" in the name due to George Washington having owned slaves.

Most NP members reading this around the world know what the "Super Bowl" is. Well, most of you don't know that the Redskins won three Super Bowls in the 1980's with an offensive front line appropriately named "The Hogs" Over that ten year period "The Hogs" were primarily responsible for protecting three different Quarter Backs who won MVP (most valuable player) awards in each Super Bowl. "The Hogs" even had their own special cheerleaders called "The Hogettes", men dressed in drag wearing hog nose masks and crazy jewelry. These 30 guys became so popular over the years they raised over $100M for Children's charities until they dis-banned in 2012.

Here's what I'm asking my NP friends...what do you think of names like;

TheHogs.org
CapitolHogs.com
CapitalHogs.com

I really would appreciate any of your thoughts or other suggestions. I really don't care to make a dime from this, but if I'm instrumental in changing the Redskins to Whatever???, I'm a happy camper. Thanks, and I know I shouldn't be saying this, but "God Bless" you, whoever you are(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recall the Lawrence Taylor hit on Jim Theisman?

•••
Recall the Lawrence Taylor hit on Jim Theisman?
I sure do...you could hear the break like he'd been shot. While in college one of my buddies fell from the last 10 ladder steps of a water tower we were climbing, and we all thought he'd been shot.

I see L. T. on occasion at local sports club events. He was with the Giants in the '80's when the Redskins won three Super Bowls and the Giants won two. The NFC East dominated the 80's(y)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back