Dynadot

Consolidated SuperSales - Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At which of the Domain.com resellers do you have an account?

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While recovering from the past weekend of scattered deals and in anticipation of the next SuperSale, I am weary of having several threads related to the SuperSales at Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster.

Since the promos often work at more than one reseller, I would love to have a single thread to watch and participate in, if you agree, hang out here and watch this thread!

All NPers are welcome to post coupons and promos here as long as they are Domain - MyDomain - NetFirms - Dotster. That way we all have a better chance at awesome savings as soon as the promos are live!

The usernamex Guide to SuperSales

SuperSales are promotions done by the family of registrars under Domain.com, including MyDomain.com NetFirms.com Dotster.com

About every 10 days to two weeks, one or more of these registrars runs what I like to call SuperSales - with dot COM / NET domain registrations for bargain prices, $1.99 - $2.99 - $3.99. Sometimes the specials are good for multi-year registrations, sometimes only the first year is discounted.

The super fun part is they let you use coupons ON TOP of the promo, so there have been specials as low as $1.39, $1.59 is more common, and $1.99 is still great any time!

If you are new, the best choice is usually MyDomain, since their renewals are second best (to Domain) and I have not seen the $1.99 special ever offered at Domain direct

A great way to get an account set up is NOT during the frenzy of the SuperSales, and a trick you can use without having to contact support is to buy the easiest to type/remember cheapest domain you can, like whatever ngTLD is on sale for $1.99, that will be your username. You can drop the domain after a year and your account will be fine. Otherwise get on chat and they can set you up ahead of time without having to make a purchase.

To make it easy for everyone, if you can BOLD any coupon codes, that would be super, and if you tested coupons successfully, please mention the reseller where you tested.

Shameless Plug - Support usernamex with these affiliate links:
https://www.mydomain.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839948
https://www.netfirms.com/join/index.bml?AffID=839949

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"AFFCOM" %15 $5,09 .com/.net

•••
•••
It was too fast, I couldn't register anything :)

•••
20% off on Registration, code:
CELEBRATE

offers end December 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Think not for renewal

•••
20% off on Registration, code:
CELEBRATE

offers end December 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Think not for renewal
Not work for transfers and renewals.

•••
Random Tidbit: the DomFam has changed their chat interface and minor operating procedure. Had a list of nine domains to move and smartly, the agent said he would email after it was done rather than the old way of keeping me on hold while it was done. He stated that they did away with tickets, yet the old links appear to still work, will test it out in the next few days.

Plus - Chat seemed faster
Minus - the chat box is all big and bloated and no longer includes timestamps and is more difficult to cut paste for your records.

•••
New coupon - does not work for transfers

ME18 coupon and offers ends December 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. ME18 coupon is good for 18% off new products and services with no minimum purchase.

•••
New coupon - does not work for transfers

ME18 coupon and offers ends December 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. ME18 coupon is good for 18% off new products and services with no minimum purchase.
even the code can be used at all 4 providers but for now Domain.com is only the worth one.

•••
PRESENTS for 25% with no minimum purchase.
can use in registion transfer and renew.
Go on.

•••
PRESENTS Tested WORKING FOR TRANSFERS at MyDomain - please report other siblings as you test. Coupon is good for a few days too, now that really IS a good present!
This is a great deal for extensions that don't normally have transfer discounts like TV BIZ US and ME

***This deal is NOT the best for COM NET ORG INFO CO IO see post down page***
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6484318/

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. PRESENTS coupon and offers end December 21, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. PRESENTS coupon is good for 25% off new products and services with no minimum purchase. Maximum savings with the discount is $300.
ss-domfam-presents-25-percent-12-18-2017.png

Kudos to @whirl - at which sibling did you test for renewals? And KIM sibling transfer hop is cheaper than renewals yet more work and requires support for domain removes : wink :

Last time for me doing a transfer was about a week ago, the BULK Transfer Manager was still broken, so you have to do transfers manually one by one in the main Control Panel.

Last edited:
•••
I just tried to transfer one domain and when I tried to pay via paypal, out of the blue I got a message my account has been suspended.

Beautiful.

•••
I just tried to transfer one domain and when I tried to pay via paypal, out of the blue I got a message my account has been suspended.

Beautiful.

before you got that msg, it also told you that your payment is being verified for security reasons
usually that takes an hour or so.. for me at least
do not take it personal.

sadly, during that time, you willl not be able to login due ot suspended msg you mentioned.

so if you have stuff to do after you make payment which is being verified, make sure you stayed logged in

it's not the ideal way to do things for sure.. but.. by now we all know domfam are not ideal registrars. the good news is, if we don't like them, we don't have to use them. cause they're not the only registrars around ;)

gl

Last edited:
•••
before you got that msg, it also told you that your payment is being verified for security reasons
usually that takes an hour or so.. for me at least
do not take it personal.

sadly, during that time, you willl not be able to login due ot suspended msg you mentioned.

so if you have stuff to do after you make payment which is being verified, make sure you stayed logged in

it's not the ideal way to do things for sure.. but.. by now we all know domfam are not ideal registrars. the good news is, if we don't like them, we don't have to use them. cause they're not the only registrars around ;)

gl

Oh, I'm afraid I missed that. You mean that 'account suspended' thing is a part of the process? That's weird!

PS: I was in a chat with support. Apparently they got my account re-activated. So strange...

Thanks for your reply, @alcy

•••
Ok, this is funny. They re-activated my account. I tried to transfer in again. Account suspended again. Crazy.

•••
Ok, this is funny. They re-activated my account. I tried to transfer in again. Account suspended again. Crazy.

okay but right after you pay, doesn't it give u msg saying that your payment is being verified?
cause I ghet that.. and during that time if I logout, and then login again, it says accnt suspended.

this usually gets resolved (payment is verified) < 1 hour as I said

otherwise, if your suspension is not due to payment beign verified, then you need to call them to resolve or ask why

gl

•••
okay but right after you pay, doesn't it give u msg saying that your payment is being verified?
cause I ghet that.. and during that time if I logout, and then login again, it says accnt suspended.

this usually gets resolved (payment is verified) < 1 hour as I said

Yes, I get an error message, I can't recall it exactly, but I get the notion that is about the operation being cancelled and my account being suspended.

The funny thing is this had just been apparently solved. But then booom, the same thing. In a chat with support again, let's see what they say now.

PS: This was at Dotster, btw. Not sure if it's the same at the rest.

Last edited:
•••
Ok. No good explanation about the situation and no solution. All I get is:

->"We are unable to process the order."

-<"Why?
And why has my account been suspended again?"

->"We have tightened our security measures. Unfortunately, this means that sometimes legitimate purchases get caught by one of our security checks and account will be suspended."

And that's all. No explanation of why I got suspended twice. Maybe I took advantage of their $1.99 transfers too frequently last year. Maybe I got labeled as non profitable user because of that. Who knows.

Anyway, instead of transfering in to save a couple of bucks I'm afraid I'll transfer the remaining domains out. Don't want to randomly lose control of my domains. Too risky for me to remain there.

Last edited:
•••
If you are doing COM NET ORG INFO, this deal is not the best, here's the breakdown if you should bother with this deal at DomFam, BOLD indicates DomFam IS the best deal

25% Coupon used for TRANSFERS
COM ORG INFO - $6.22 [better price LCN $6.19]
BIZ - $6.22
US - $6.22

NET - $6.94 [better price LCN $6.19]
ME - $7.49
CO - $22.49 [better price $21.94 PorkBun]
IO - $37.49 [better price NCheap $25.88]
TV - $22.49

Last edited:
•••
thats exactly what they told me.
however, once my payment got approved (which it always does) the account is unsuspended.. til next purchase etc.

I don't think your account is labeled as anything. it happens to not only you for sure.
try ask them to bypass verifications.

either way, each time you buy, and pay, once they verify it, you will be unsuspended. so I assume the reason you are geting suspended multi times is because you are making multi payments. and not for same payment. @RozasMD

•••
@alcy Probably, you are right. But I still can't see the point with this.

Not sure why, but I didn't like this at all. I mean, it sounds so random to me that it has just scared me as a user. So I'll probably transfer everything out in the upcoming months instead of transfering anything else in.

I mean, luckily they re-activated my account. But what if the next time they decide to keep it frozen for a week, for a month, for six months? They just gave me no real explanation of the reason why tehy decided to suspend my account. So I can't be really sure they won't take any other -apparently- random decission.

Even if it's a common process every buyer has to go through -which in my opinion would be crazy, to be honest-, they didn't tell me so. They refused to give any real detail. Difficult to trust them that way.

They also got the bulk transfer tool de-activated months ago. They seem to be getting things hard for anyone to transfer in. They are becoming exactly the opposite to user-friendly. So I guess it's a bye-bye for me.

I was reasonably happy with them. But not anymore. These last months have made me change my mind.

•••
your overthinking it

they just verify payments. usuaully within 1 hour or so.
and during that time account is suspended (but only if you logout and login again).. if you stay logged in, you can keep doing your things there if you need to.

I think this is all there is to it.
is this good. or normal. no.
can we not use them if this bothers us too much. yes.
is there a lot of abnormal stuff on domfam. yes.
should we be used to it by now. probably.

cheers

•••
If you are doing COM NET ORG INFO, this deal is not the best, here's the breakdown if you should bother with this deal at DomFam, BOLD indicates DomFam IS the best deal

25% Coupon used for TRANSFERS
COM ORG INFO - $6.22 [better price LCN $6.19]
BIZ - $6.22
US - $6.22

NET - $6.94 [better price LCN $6.19]
ME - $7.49
CO - $22.49 [better price $21.94 PorkBun]
IO - $37.49 [better price NCheap $25.88]
TV - $22.49

So, this might be a good transfer option for .com domains that have expired and have a #clienthold status as LCN does not transfer in domains with that status. That said, I tried to initiate a transfer at MyDomain and for some reason, the I'm stuck on the registrartransfer screen. Wheneve I click on the verify credit screen, it just refreshes the page. Nothing beyond that :(
Going to give Domain.com a shot

•••
So, this might be a good transfer option for .com domains that have expired and have a #clienthold status as LCN does not transfer in domains with that status. That said, I tried to initiate a transfer at MyDomain and for some reason, the I'm stuck on the registrartransfer screen. Wheneve I click on the verify credit screen, it just refreshes the page. Nothing beyond that :(
Going to give Domain.com a shot

i think this was mentioned before..
bulk transfer screen not working now
gotta do one by one :)

•••
Not exactly, @alcy. I was automatically logged out & suspended. No chance to stay logged in. I instantly lost access to my account. Could not manage anything there. I had lost control over my domains in practice.

I've also received an email asking to me contact support on the phone or by email (compliance@) in order to complete my purchase. So it won't be automatically verified either.

Obviously, everyone will have their own experience and opinion. I just didn't like this. It's been strange as hell to me, and a bit scary as a user. That's all. You may think I'm over reacting, that's ok. I'm just sharing my experience, someone might find it useful if gets in the same loop.

Oh, and thanks for your help. I was really puzzled about the situation.

•••
Not exactly, @alcy. I was automatically logged out & suspended. No chance to stay logged in. I instantly lost access to my account. Could not manage anything there. I had lost control over my domains in practice.

I've also received an email asking to me contact support on the phone or by email (compliance@) in order to complete my purchase. So it won't be automatically verified either.

Obviously, everyone will have their own experience and opinion. I just didn't like this. It's been strange as hell to me, and a bit scary as a user. That's all. You may think I'm over reacting, that's ok. I'm just sharing my experience, someone might find it useful if gets in the same loop.

Oh, and thanks for your help. I was really puzzled about the situation.

ah ok
thasts what I tried to ask you
then your situation is diff from mine.
in this case I agree your case is less managable than mine. and more reason to quit them for you than me.

I said you may overthink things.. not overreact.. but that's because Ithought your case was same as mine. either way, we all do what we gotta do. gl!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back