Dynadot

Company using domain only for emails

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I’m interested in a domain which is owned by a big ISP company and I’m able to pay a big amount.I contacted the leadership team and they told me that it is just being used for some customers’ email addresses so they don’t want to sell the domain.

I’m really interested in the domain name.

Is there something that I can propose to them like they keep the email addresses for some time while I own the domain and purchase it through escrow.com?

I faced a similar situation before but in that situation the domain was just owned by an individual and he took a month to remove the emails and then sell it to me but this won’t work now.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you need a personalized contract where you'd guarantee the continued availability of email-related DNS records. Technically it is extremely easy to maintain – you just keep the same records and their emails continue to work. That is, if they use an external email service. Otherwise you'd need to migrate them to one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back