IT.COM

domains Company Spends Thousands On Flowers, Hoping To Get The Domain Name They Want

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Every day, a new bunch of flowers arrives at an office in Sydney, the latest instalment in a campaign for a superannuation firm hoping to secure a domain name owned by someone else.

Future Super, a superannuation fund, currently exists online at myfuturesuper.com & myfuturesuper.com.au. They want to get rid of the pesky 'my' in their web address.

The only problem is, someone else -- with a legitimate claim -- already owns futuresuper.com.

That someone is not currently populating the URL with any content, and the site sits blank. That someone works at another superannuation fund, with an office just down the road from Future Super's Sydney CBD premises.

Read full article here..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm wondering what stops them from throwing a good offer or using a good broker if they don't know how to go about it, instead of wasting fund on flowers. JMO

•••
At some point it really seems more like harassment. I am sure the owner would prefer a pile of cash to flowers.

Brad

•••
If they are sending flowers, then it's possible an offer was made and the owner didn't want to sell. So maybe the flowers is to soften them up to make a deal.

•••
•••
What's next,chocolates?

Great idea! I'll start sending Kate chocolate every day. Maybe chocolate.com will finally find a real home that way!

•••
Great idea! I'll start sending Kate chocolate every day. Maybe chocolate.com will finally find a real home that way!
Hey, whatever works!:xf.grin:

•••

Kate owns chocolate com? :xf.eek:

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back