NameSilo

Combining 2 poplular words to make domain name

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am wandering if it is a stupid idea to take 2 seperate words that have large overture and word tracker results seperately..and combine them to make a a domain name....for instance: I posted ballgaming.com for an appraisal on the appraisal board...one response said.."Bad name because no overture results"...this is true...but gaming by itself gets big results and ball by itself, gets big results...I was thinking that a ballgaming.com site could be developed into generating traffic because these are two key words that are very popular..and although people don't generally say "ball gaming" I think it would be easy to put together what the site is and also easy to remember...Is it irrelavent that these two words seperately generate a lot of traffic? I am still new to the domain name game, but it makes sense to me that popular names combined could be worked into a high traffic site. Am I way off here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, just because a word on its own gets good results doesnt mean combining 2 of them makes for a great domain name. BallGaming.com to me sounds made up thus brandable. Your Ball Sport Betting angle seems to work and its the first thing that popped into my head as well as far as what the site would/could be about.

Its not a bad name but the problem with made up names is because they have no obviouse traffic or typeins one could prob. make up their own and develop apon it just as dev./promo/adv would be needed for BallGaming.com

That doesnt mean that someone out there wont want your name, I might have gotten lucky but I sold a made up name for over 2k, took 2 years but obviously the wait was worth while.

These days it seems that traffic/type in names are where the $ is but getting these names is also much more costly then a hand reg at reg fee.

Playing the made up domain game is a bit more of a gamble but it does pay off sometimes in the end.

•••
2 combined popular words for one domain name

Thanks for the feedback...just a note..I actually chose the name while trying to think of something to do with gaming, betting, gambling, etc.. mainly becauase I knew these type of sites were poplular...I didn't really choose it because the two individual words got a lot traffic on their own..it just worked out that way...I really didn't even check the type in traffic before I purchased the name..(bad move) for some reason, I actually thought ballgaming would be a good name for a sports betting site..it just made sense to me..when i actually did check the type-in traffic I was shocked it was zero....so I got desperate and started looking at gaming and ball seperately...and thought since they both got a lot of type in action, something could be worked out..if developed.

•••
you will laught but yesterday i was thinking about buying game+travel combination for same reason. :))))

•••
2 popular words combined into one domain name

GUGUSH....cool...glad to know i'm not the only one...with these thoughts
:hehe:

•••
Read my topic in Adult forum regarding business adult domains available :)

•••
It of course depends on how well these two popular domains connect. Some words just don't go together, while some do.

•••
Momo said:
It of course depends on how well these two popular domains connect. Some words just don't go together, while some do.

Yes, there must be some logical and meaningful connection between the two words. Otherwise the site can't attract any traffic, :imho:

•••
Two seperate keywords with no (combined) overture are 99% of the time useless. Just because you have two seperate keywords it doesnt make sense to assume they will be stuck together and work. Of course most domains are still brandable whatever "keywords" the contain.

•••
combining 2 popular words to make domain name

Yes true, but it seems like the words if individually are highly recognizable and searched often, you could snag some traffic by having a name (that makes sense) using those words. I do agree that the words have to make sense together.

•••
franking speaking, i dun think most will works( some will) it depends on the demand of the keywords u use and its more presentable for the both keywords to be related.

•••
Well, it all depends on the concept for a site for such a domain. For example, BusinessPerversion.com

No connection, errr?

But think of concepts the name may use

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back