usernamex

Top Member
Impact
$3.99 plus 18 cent ICANN Fee

NOT good for Transfers - Registrations Only - No Coupon Needed

https://directnic.com/pricing/details/com

https://directnic.com/pricing/details/net

SS-Directnic-399.png

DirectNIC has been around a long time, support is good, renewals are priced at $15

Good deal if you don't use FastHosts or want some NETs at a slightly lower price than BigRockIN ($4.45)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE 16:30 UTC 3 January: Support replied, there is a volume limit on this Promo. So as soon as they sell X number of domains, the Promo will end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are a first time customer and your account gets locked, get on chat or start a ticket - https://directnic.com/help - they just verify new accounts manually, they will get you unlocked, no worries!

You can also set up an account WITHOUT making a purchase first
https://directnic.com/account/signup
then get support to verify you before purchase so you will have smooth sailing!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for sharing @usernamex it was great while it lasted!

•••
how long will it last for?

•••
After 30 days accept transfer in Godaddy ?

•••
any thoughts/coments on registry in general? extra fees? catches? comparable to some other place in terms of quality? ty

•••
@HDmarketing thanks for sharing the info. Any catches with transfer outs or pushes ?
Do we have a directnic staff in this forum ? If anyone have an experience with this registrar, please share.

•••
.COM is $3.99/year again at Directnic guys.

•••
opened my accnt today
4$ .com reg promo looking good

anyone know when ends? maybe inside info

wish it was good for osme transfers :)

ne1 ever knew direcftnic having .com transfer promos?? as said, I am new on there.

cheers

Last edited:
•••
.net is $3.99 now at directnic

•••
I bought 10 .coms, then the price reverted to $7.99 after that.

Maybe the promo is same like before, good for the first 10 domain names, or if you buy bulk more than 10 at the same time if you haven't purchased any name during this new promo.

Last edited:
•••
I bought 10 .coms, then the price reverted to $7.99 after that.

Maybe the promo is same like before, good for the first 10 domain names, or if you buy bulk more than 10 at the same time if you haven't purchased any name during this new promo.

interesting
anyone can confirm this?
I did 2 com + 1 net so far.

maybe I should call and ask.

•••
interesting
anyone can confirm this?
I did 2 com + 1 net so far.

maybe I should call and ask.
During the previous promo, i've done that. I regged 5 first, than i regged another 6, the latter ones i still got the promo price, but when later i tried to reg more, the price came back up to $7.99.

For this time, i cant say for sure. Maybe you could try to put the domain names in the shopping cart first. From there you could see the rest after 10th would get the promo price or not.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like promo is over now

•••
Looks like promo is over now
Promotion is still ON buddy, .COM/.NET domains stay at just $3.99/year each. Total price with ICANN fee is $4.17

•••
Promotion is still ON buddy, .COM/.NET domains stay at just $3.99/year each. Total price with ICANN fee is $4.17

Yes, promo is still on.

Who are all having / registered 10 domains with them (including existing promo) will not get at this price. They have to pay 7.99.

•••
Yes, promo is still on.

Who are all having / registered 10 domains with them (including existing promo) will not get at this price. They have to pay 7.99.
So, they have limitation - 10 promo domains per customer?

•••
•••
I could register only 3 domains for $3.99, then the price changed to $7.99. It's still a good deal anyway.

•••
the promo could have just ended completely for all recently.

option 2: they reduced original promo size as it approached end.

but I can confirm having 10 .com at $4 + 10 .net at $4 in my account.
last reg was done I think 3 days ago.

so good savings rthere! I opened account there just for that.. and I like their site... and ui

look forward to more promos in future.

cheers

•••
Friendly Reminder:
For anyone who has used this deal in the past and has NOT logged in again to make sure everything is smooth sailing, it is recommended that you make sure your account is verified and active. We have had a few instances of members logging in after a couple months of successful regs to find their account has since been locked. They will unlock, and your domains are still in your name, and your account is NOT closed, just needs verification.

Get on chat or start a ticket - https://directnic.com/help - they just verify new accounts manually, they will get you unlocked, no worries!

It would be better if they made some notification when this happens instead of catching people by surprise, for anyone who found their account to be locked later, was there any email notification, even if it ended up in spam maybe, or you just logged in and found out that way?

•••
Friendly Reminder:
For anyone who has used this deal in the past and has NOT logged in again to make sure everything is smooth sailing, it is recommended that you make sure your account is verified and active. We have had a few instances of members logging in after a couple months of successful regs to find their account has since been locked. They will unlock, and your domains are still in your name, and your account is NOT closed, just needs verification.

Get on chat or start a ticket - https://directnic.com/help - they just verify new accounts manually, they will get you unlocked, no worries!

It would be better if they made some notification when this happens instead of catching people by surprise, for anyone who found their account to be locked later, was there any email notification, even if it ended up in spam maybe, or you just logged in and found out that way?

not sure what this is about.. you mean accounts just get locked raondmly or there is some specific reasons for this? mine seems fine.

•••
Where you able to pay via Paypal?
I seem to be battling to find the PP payment option on checkout

Cross-quoting so more DirectNIC users see this - I don't see PayPal in my account either and I've been a customer a while, what happens if you try and buy DirectNIC Credits for the same amount as your purchase? Like can you add only $4 credit and use payPal? Warning - only buy what you need, they don't refund credits : smile :

Anyone else use PayPal to pay recently?

ETA: OK Here is what I get on the Checkout Page - PayPal IS showing, I wonder if you have to validate if your account is new?

w33eqzA.png

Last edited:
•••
Cross-quoting so more DirectNIC users see this - I don't see PayPal in my account either and I've been a customer a while, what happens if you try and buy DirectNIC Credits for the same amount as your purchase? Like can you add only $4 credit and use payPal? Warning - only buy what you need, they don't refund credits : smile :

Anyone else use PayPal to pay recently?

ETA: OK Here is what I get on the Checkout Page - PayPal IS showing, I wonder if you have to validate if your account is new?

w33eqzA.png

Yeah it's a new account.. I have not used DirectNic before... just registered with them now and tried...BUT for some reason after I closed the page and opened it again... Paypal option is there now :)

•••
•••
DirectNIC is participating in the big dot NET Flash Sale $2.39, it is the second best price offered for the Flash Sale

NET $2.39 - not sure how this promo is affected by if you "used up" your $3.99 promo in the past

More details in the dot NET Flash Sale thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/net-flash-sale-2-99-add-offers-here.1016506/

dang I was getting read for couple net/com regs.. but if you used up your 10 on each in past, your back to $8 regular pricings.

that applies to net too.. so I guess they're not really participating in this flash sale like others at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back