Domain Empire
Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got a NNN.co on sedo auction at the moment.... So Far $60 ;(

That is one of the best avatars I've ever seen lol

•••
•••
That list is no proof of anything. Just an exasperated guy with a lot of money trying to prove his opinion. There are a ton of other big players who think otherwise. Keep that in mind.
Many words have been used to describe Rick. Exasperating? Sure. Exasperated by lack of success in an investment? Not so much.

Who are the big players who think otherwise? I expect to see them snap these names up any second...

You yourself said the highest value was $300 - not exactly an endorsement with a $30 renewal coming up.

•••
Thank you.... I wonder how many people touch the screen, thinking it's a real fly.

Your avatar has made me brush my screen once or twice :guilty:

•••

For some odd reason LLL.co are selling better than NNN.co. Don't know why that is.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Many words have been used to describe Rick. Exasperating? Sure. Exasperated by lack of success in an investment? Not so much.

Who are the big players who think otherwise? I expect to see them snap these names up any second...

You yourself said the highest value was $300 - not exactly an endorsement with a $30 renewal coming up.

With "ed" not "ing". I used it as the adjective.

Adj. 1. exasperated - greatly annoyed exasperated - greatly annoyed; out of patience; "had an exasperated look on his face"; "felt exasperated beyond endurance" - The Free Dictionary

If you have read enough of his posts then you would know this word fits to the Tee.

Just because someone has a lot of money doesn't mean that they don't show emotion. He's "exasperated" because he won't make as much money on .CO as he thought. He must have thought something in the first place otherwise he never would have bought any. Throwing domains up like that is more an act of exasperation rather than experimentation. Would you buy a home from someone who says that all the homes he is selling are crap? Of course not...

Having unreasonable expectations is the problem. Solid NNN.co are worth xxx-xxxx. Ones like 866.co and 990.co. Rick's assortment is not all that interesting.

•••
Hello guys, thought I would join in... we own a few high comp/cpc keyword .co's just hoping to sell them now....what I found is every site/forum generally hate the .co whereas the big domain players love them. this is not the first place I've read that the price of .com domains will increase hugely, does this mean stop advertising low prices for mine and time to pump them up? :)

Last edited:
•••

Thats nice , i have a LLL.co and i am not getting that much.

•••
Sorry I'm losing the plot, it's a LLL.co not a NNN.co I have on auction

•••
Sorry I'm losing the plot, it's a LLL.co not a NNN.co I have on auction

You stated earlier that you have NNN.co at auction. I stated earlier that LLL.co have had more sales than NNN.co, that's all.

•••
•••
Hello guys, thought I would join in... we own a few high comp/cpc keyword .co's just hoping to sell them now....what I found is every site/forum generally hate the .co whereas the big domain players love them. this is not the first place I've read that the price of .com domains will increase hugely, does this mean stop advertising low prices for mine and time to pump them up? :)

Unless you have some killer keywords, like CRUISE.CO, FLY.CO, or VEGAS.CO, Etc., I would recommend letting them all drop.

The important thing to understand is this:

Most of the money to be made in regards to domains is by House. Just like in Vegas, the house always wins. The small minority of domainers that make money total a single slice of the revenue pie. The registrars, registries get the rest of pie. And the house loves it because they have discovered that once someone registers a domain, they almost always renew it because they become attached or think it will sell one day, etc.

So now let's get to us, the guys that get to divide up that one slice of domain pie. How can we get ours? I'm hearing shouts of "End users!!". That would be correct. You get a cookie. So what's the problem? Why aren't the end users knocking down your door? The answer is simple.

End users (for the most part) will only pay for .COM. This is true about 95% of the time. Unless it's a church and they you might sell a .ORG. Why is this you ask? Simple. An end user goes to Godaddy or Enom, or wherever and types in their desired name. If the .COM is not available, they do one of 3 things:

A. Think of another name.
B. Look at the alternative extensions that are available.
C. See if the .COM is a working site or for sale.

Nobody ever says, "darn, the .CO it taken, I'm $crewed now". They just check out .WS or .ME or .PRO or .INFO or .TV or whatever. So the only one making money in this extension is "the house". And they're making it from me, and from you, and the guy above this post, and the guy above your post, and so on, all the way back until the beginning of this thread.

The End. IMHO

Last edited:
•••

I wouldn't say most domainers hate .co little or big, you just happen to see the negative side here and maybe in a few other forums all while most reputable investors and domainers keep quiet and focus on the big picture which are developments and domain sales. You will have hecklers in almost every forum you visit just ignore the ridiculous remarks.

Yes, once in a while you will see some serious investors or domainers show concerns about a certain extension and even do things a little rash. .CO is a very strong extension and will continue to grow for years to come. It will have ups and downs much like a stock market but I am confident .CO will come in strong in the next few years with some big end user sales. Keep in mind .CO also came in on very rough times and succeeded even at higher registration prices. So listening to people say .co is weak or not worth buying unless it is a super premium keyword is comical.

Last edited:
•••
Sca.CO on Sedo auction at $500 (not mine).

•••
I say dont keep all your eggs in one basket or you may be kicking yourself 10 years from now. A small subset of dictionary .CO domains will remain in my basket.

•••
ripp.co and pipp.co are expiring. the register is 123 reg. if someone wants them - pm me. thanks

•••
I hope you don't mind if I ask a question as an end-user here; what do you all think the best method of advertising .co's are?

My biggest concern is for example having a sticker, flyer, card, etc. with the .co address on it and having people think it's a typo - which leads to a few scenarios:
a) person thinks it's a typo and tries to visit the .com (may eventually figure it out)
b) person thinks it's a typo and feels the branding is cheap due to errors
c) person has some sort of domaining knowledge or has seen a .co before and gets it right

The odds don't seem that great in my favour, and although I could put some sort of emphasis on the extension I don't want to make any ads look tacky with arrows pointing to the domain saying "not a typo!" or ".co not .com!"

•••
My biggest concern is for example having a sticker, flyer, card, etc. with the .co address on it and having people think it's a typo - which leads to a few scenarios:
a) person thinks it's a typo and tries to visit the .com (may eventually figure it out)
c) person has some sort of domaining knowledge or has seen a .co before and gets it right

You make an excellent point in b)!!

The odds don't seem that great in my favour, and although I could put some sort of emphasis on the extension I don't want to make any ads look tacky with arrows pointing to the domain saying "not a typo!" or ".co not .com!"

Traffic will bleed to the .com, or if your clients are based in UK, it could bleed to the co.uk. That's reality.

Placing too much emphasis on the extension will just ruin your ad. As an end-user, you are going to use these domains in your ads, etc, correct? .CO won't really work well here. O.CO is a good example.

If it were just a site you are developing that people will find online through search engines/links, then .CO could be okay-I guess, because that requires clicking.

But where you going to use it on business cards, prints, etc, clients may get it wrong, or think it's a typo. In this case, I would strongly suggest to spend less money on emphasizing the extension in your ads (which is not good), and rather take that money, and purchase a decent .COM (or a name in another extension which everyone/your clients is familiar with, e.g. co.uk.) This is the only realistic solution!

Public awareness for .CO is almost non-existent. Also, it looks like a typo.

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
M-M.co and SNN.co

I am trying to sell M-M.co and SNN.co

I am having trouble finding good offers for these domains, similar names sold for a great amount of money.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks

•••
You make an excellent point in b)!!

Traffic will bleed to the .com, or if your clients are based in UK, it could bleed to the co.uk. That's reality.

Placing too much emphasis on the extension will just ruin your ad. As an end-user, you are going to use these domains in your ads, etc, correct? .CO won't really work well here. O.CO is a good example.

If it were just a site you are developing that people will find online through search engines/links, then .CO could be okay-I guess, because that requires clicking.

But where you going to use it on business cards, prints, etc, clients may get it wrong, or think it's a typo. In this case, I would strongly suggest to spend less money on emphasizing the extension in your ads (which is not good), and rather take that money, and purchase a decent .COM (or a name in another extension which everyone/your clients is familiar with, e.g. co.uk.) This is the only realistic solution!

Public awareness for .CO is almost non-existent. Also, it looks like a typo.

:wave:

I can't deny that buying a .com would be the best solution, but it's a bit off-putting for me. I had an opportunity to buy my 1 word .com a few years ago but it was well out of my price range.

Call me stubborn but I just love having a one word domain, it peeves me to have to put some sort of descriptive word after the brand name. It's probably not that bad of a thing to have but I guess that's just me.

•••
...I could put some sort of emphasis on the extension I don't want to make any ads look tacky with arrows pointing to the domain saying "not a typo!" or ".co not .com!

...nothing wrong with pointing out where your website is, as that it all you are doing. It's gotta be part of your marketing plan and if you are ashamed of working that out, you're chances of success will fade.

You don't need "arrows" as a simple statement like "yeah, that's dot CO, folks!" may suffice. Endusers seem to apologize that they don't have the .com. That is quite ridiculous as the younger generations now AND forward into the very near future see the extension as one of many. We older ones need the convincing, not them.

•••
What have you priced them at?

I am having trouble finding good offers for these domains, similar names sold for a great amount of money.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks

•••
Call me stubborn but I just love having a one word domain, it peeves me to have to put some sort of descriptive word after the brand name.
I would then consider another extension, your ccTLD, perhaps even .net could do.
.co is confusing especially in the US where .com is the norm, and it's going to be like that for a very long time.

If you think the Overstock debacle is not a representative business case, consider this sobering real life experience.

•••
...I would then consider another extension, your ccTLD, perhaps even .net could do.

...You are doing fine with .CO, hjkou...It may not prove to be a good practice to downgrade to .net...the .co extension is fine, it's the marketing that is important...

Makes sense what Keith states at http://www.namepros.com/cctld-discussion/691140-why-co-will-will-not-do.html..."If you make money with .co then it is a good extension. If not then it is bad. Some win and some lose but you can't say that .co will not do well. It's like any extension, invest well and it's all good"

Last edited:
•••

You cant cherry pick great 3 character .co sales and say "My names similar, I should be able to sell it for that too"

All you can do is either sell quickly and accept that they will go at reseller prices. Or wait long term for an enduser sale.

•••
I hope you don't mind if I ask a question as an end-user here; what do you all think the best method of advertising .co's are?

Well, this might seem a simplistic suggestion, and I don't know how effective it would be really, but maybe using capitalization properly (especially the 'C' in .co) would help?

Eg. instead of writing 'Website: www.xcompany.co' which might look like a typo of .com, you could write 'Website: www.XCompany.Co'

This way it would be somewhat implicit & discreet, instead of having arrows and slogans.

It probably won't work for all domains (verbs, phrases, etc), but might work for some (company names, brands). People might associate '.co' with .com, but '.Co' in many people's minds would be associated with 'Company' or 'Corporation', and this might work in your favor.

Just my two cents...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back