Dynadot

question .Co Selling Experience - One-word and Numeric Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesCrew

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I am thinking of registering couple of .co domains but few questions came to my mind. So I thought why not ask and seek help from pros here.

1. Is it a good idea to invest in .co extension (short-term or long-term investment)?
2. How was your experience in selling .co domains (one-word, two-word, brandable, numerics like 5N,6N,7N,8N)?
3. What prices were you able to get from your .co domain sales?
4. Which selling techniques would you recommend to sell .co domains
5. Which auction platform would you suggest for listing .co domains (Godaddy Auctions, SEDO etc.)?

I am thinking of purchasing few brandable, two-word, and 8N.co (with repeating 88 and patterns). So are these worth registering and any hope I can make a sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO, we can hope to sell .co to corporations. I will not speak about numericals because I know little about them. But I would not invest in a .co pure brandable. Instead I would invest in 1-2 words that a corporation is likely to need, when the respective .com is out of reach. I would price around $1,000-$2,000 which I believe to be a typical budget for a corporative domain.

•••
IMO, we can hope to sell .co to corporations. I will not speak about numericals because I know little about them. But I would not invest in a .co pure brandable. Instead I would invest in 1-2 words that a corporation is likely to need, when the respective .com is out of reach. I would price around $1,000-$2,000 which I believe to be a typical budget for a corporative domain.

Appreciate your input.

Regarding the part I have highlighted in BOLD, do you mean generic two words, like CupCakes.co, RunningShoes.co, SportsCars.co etc.?

I agree with you on the brandable part, it's too risky and when there's still possibilities in .com brandables, why bother wasting in .co, unless there's something exceptionally great out there in .co.

•••
Not sure 8n .co will ever get there to be honest .
There lots of dictionary words available that fit the extension nicely and 4l chips,but i agree generic is probably best.

•••
Yes, I mean generics, as well as 2-words that are used often for company names.

•••
I own BioGenetics.Co

Trying to sell for 3300 with my appraisal at 5K by a member here at Namepros...

•••
If you understand that .co is an alternative to .com to some people, and understand who uses this alternative and why, you will can do pretty well.

My biggest sale of 2015 (and ever) was a .co

It's a touch extension because people invest in it like .com or .net but its use case and desirability are pretty specific.

•••
If you understand that .co is an alternative to .com to some people, and understand who uses this alternative and why, you will can do pretty well.

My biggest sale of 2015 (and ever) was a .co

It's a touch extension because people invest in it like .com or .net but its use case and desirability are pretty specific.

Any ideas on where to sell this ? Name jet ?

•••
No. End-user. The upside for .co isn't high enough to be flipping them (98% of the time).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back