IT.COM

.in .co.in or .in which is the most valuable ?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi

In india which is the most valuable

.in or co.in

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Typically the value would be determined by the quality of the name
but if the same quality name were to go for sale in both extensions
I tend to feel the .IN would bring the better price. IMO.

It is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that initially the co.in
was the official ccTLD for India, but in subsequent years the .IN was
more widely embraced and accepted. The .IN has slowly become the
more desired extension, and is more thought of now and/or considered
to be, the ccTLD for India.

•••
Aftermarket sales show that .IN has topped .CO.IN.

•••
90 per cent of my sales have been .co.in. And still has by far the most traffic.

However,It would certainly appear that the average value of .in sales are somewhat higher than .co.in.

.in certainly has INternational appeal.

•••
Hi

Thanks people for your responses

I was just wondering because if i type in

google.co.in its fine but if i do google.in it says untrsuted site etc

So i was thinking maybe if google dont have the .in then maybe everyone uses .co.in in india

•••

Whois shows Google owns them both. The co.in
seems to be their main site for India, while the .IN
points to the co.in extension.

•••
Hi

Thanks people for your responses

I was just wondering because if i type in

google.co.in its fine but if i do google.in it says untrsuted site etc

So i was thinking maybe if google dont have the .in then maybe everyone uses .co.in in india

ok?????google determines value of extensions? nope!

•••
Ok so is it fair to say that in india .co.in or .in does not matter.

What do you people think with regards to SEO with google and the .in + co.in for seo purposes

•••
Just want to repeat what google believes in "Content is King" not domain extensions :| Its our perspective which differentiates or rates extension. But it doesnt really matter.

•••
Does keyword domains still count quite a bit in seo or has all of that gone and that Content is all that matters

•••
If you have best content then nothing matters. But if it is more like copy paste then the keywords in domain does matter a bit. You get more visibility if you have a keyword in domain name itself. But then it shouldn't be too long; not bigger than 16 chars I guess

•••
reviving this. What do you guys think? .in better investment?

Also, do we know how they compare reg wise? I know .in is around the 2m mark but how many does .co.in have and what about the growth rates for the two?

Exciting times

•••
.IN is far superior to .co.in, although there is room for both in the Indian growth story.

.IN is shorter and easier to quickly type, especially in a mobile centric market such as India. The .IN extension is now already thought of as the primary ccTLD for India. There are a few large corps that still use .co.in due to the fact that they had entered the Indian market a long time ago when .co.in was predominant but even those companies are now switching over to .IN

I see .IN as first choice for Indians and then if the .IN extension is not available, the .co.in option is always there as a secondary alternative. The growth rate for .IN is .INcredible right now and has no signs of slowing down, exciting times ahead indeed!

•••
.IN is far superior to .co.in, although there is room for both in the Indian growth story.

.IN is shorter and easier to quickly type, especially in a mobile centric market such as India. The .IN extension is now already thought of as the primary ccTLD for India. There are a few large corps that still use .co.in due to the fact that they had entered the Indian market a long time ago when .co.in was predominant but even those companies are now switching over to .IN

I see .IN as first choice for Indians and then if the .IN extension is not available, the .co.in option is always there as a secondary alternative. The growth rate for .IN is .INcredible right now and has no signs of slowing down, exciting times ahead indeed!

I am certainly inclined to agree with you and do share your enthusiasm that .in has a lot going for it in terms of growth. What I think I do not share with you is the certainty you have. I am not sure you have seem my thread about how to see cctld growth stats, but what troubles me the lack of a resource which shows registration growth. Do you know of any?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back