Domain Empire

Indian Domains, which one is best .in or .co.in?

NameSilo
Watch

What extension do you like the most .in or .co.in?

• 1st

I think .co.in has the best potential.

votes
    60.0%
  • 2nd

I think .in has the best potential.

votes
    40.0%

• 15 votes
  • Ended 19 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
I have never registered an Indian domain name, and today I decided to find out if there were any restrictions on registering Indian domains. Apparently there are none.

While I was looking for information I noticed that India seems to be operating with 2 main TLD .in and .co.in and they have different prices.

My question is, which one is the most valueable? i.e. which one do Indians type first is it .in or .co.in?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol DB,

The poll was broken when i first tried it. Seems to work now

•••
-db- said:
All these comments but only 2 votes in the poll?

Maybe the poll title confused people...

:p

:yell: :yell: :yell:

Not telling what I voted :hehe:

•••
I'd hafta say .in will be better in the long run... like almost everyone else said.

•••
no, Sorry I created the poll a bit late, so many people had already read this thread by the time I thought about creating the poll. You are right I wrote .co.uk, it should be .co.in.

I am used to writting .co.uk, so I forgot to double check.

•••
tipsfromthetop said:
This discussion has happened on many forums and the same old thing results the above poster has stated it too. Google when asked prefer the .co.in hense why you will see the .co.in and never the .in on there site. Yahoo also followed suit.

Sure .in is nice and i would suggest registering both but thus far .co.in is the winner hands down the .in will catch up eventually but the .co.in version of my domains which i have registered both traffic wise blows all my .in out of the water.

Agreed completely.

Very nice post IMO :)

•••
•••
-db- said:
photomonkey, I edited the poll title for you. :)

:guilty: :notme: :]
No problem, I tried to change it my self with no success. Maybe I should have tried harder....:|

•••
romow said:
.co.in has been around longer, and thus better known.

Correct!

.in is more expensive but this doesn't mean is better. In India they used and still using co.in!

•••
.co.in is more popular, same as .co.uk vs .uk imho.

•••
domainprince said:
.co.in is more popular, same as .co.uk vs .uk imho.

It ain't the same. .uk is restricted ccTLD. .IN is not.

-Pratik

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back