NameSilo

ccTLD .CM Discussion and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The president of NETCOM.cm Sarl, the official registry in charge of the Country Code Top Level Domains of The Republic of Cameroon, announced today that the top-level domain .CM will be launched this summer.

Cameroon (PRunderground) May 26, 2009 – The president of NETCOM.cm Sarl, the official registry in charge of the Country Code Top Level Domains of The Republic of Cameroon, announced today that the top-level domain .CM will be launched this summer. Mr. Moustapha Saya Kaigama, president of NETCOM.cm Sarl, will present the details about the launch and news about the development of the .CM registry during the ccTLD T.R.A.F.F.I.C. symposium in Amsterdam from June 1 till June 4, 2009.

Next to .CN, the current No. 1 Country Code Top Level Domain, and .COM, the most popular Top-Level Domain world-wide, .CM is seen to have the potential popularity and impact on internet-based Global Brand Protection.

Based in Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, NETCOM.cm Sarl was founded in early 2008 as a proud partner of ANTIC, the Information Technology Regulator for Cameroon. On October 15, 2008, NETCOM.cm Sarl successfully launched the registry service for .com.cm, .co.cm and .net.cm. Apart from Domain Name Registrations, NETCOM.cm is embracing new technologies such as ENUM over WiMAX for remote African Areas.

http://www.register.cm/

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It really doesn't matter what name servers you're using on your .CM, those domains are useless IMHO :D

•••
It really doesn't matter what name servers you're using on your .CM, those domains are useless IMHO :D

Of course .cm sucks, it's a shame for these famous domainers to put their credit on, it ranks them to not professional status.
The worse tld I ever seen, even .ws is better as affordable.

•••
Just shows what happens when Amateurs run a Registry.

•••
•••
Yeah, not a surprise. What do you expect from an extension that's sole purpose of existence is to steal typo traffic from .COM?

Brad

Just shows what happens when Amateurs run a Registry.

•••
Awesome support from the registry for the landrush price of $350

Sue.cm :D

•••
Has anyone actually bought any and parked them? Id be interested in what the parking stats are like.
Not really interested at all in registering any though!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

It does suck that you can't change the name servers at the moment, but I changed the host records to allow URL forwarding and that is working fine for me. Not ideal, but it works.

Maybe it's to stop squatters registering them and moving them from parking programme to parking programme? thats the only reason I can possibly think of?

•••
Important .cm information: Be aware of it!

Planning on buying a .CM domain? Well, you're in for a surprise! Read on below.

1. You cannot change your nameservers until early 2010. If you want to use Host Gator or another host, you cannot do this. You can change your hosts records (which also allows you to redirect your domain to another URL).

2. The Registry will charge you to update your DNS servers (Source: Namecheap Support)! We don't know how much they will charge, but don't be surprised if it's a ridiculous amount of $$$.

•••
Thanks for this information and I am lucky not to register a single .cm domain :D

•••
At that price, the only people interested are squatters. So I don't feel sorry for their troubles.

•••
Charge to change nameservers? lol

Thank you for the warning.

I'm not going to register a .cm domain.

•••
.cm Owners: What Are Your Numbers??!

Simple question to .cm owners: What kinda traffic have you been getting? It'd be nice to know of the $100+ reg fee is worth it.

OR do you regret ever regging it at all?

•••
Their only numbers are 0 and negative $350 :P

IMO the only .cms worth getting will be easily taken back with trademark infringement cases. Too much hype for this, imo.

•••
You have a great point there with TM and all.

What I'm wondering is: Was all the type truly worth it? Did it justify the $350 or so they cost?

I have the feeling the buyer of sex.cm really feels like a total idiot right not...

Their only numbers are 0 and negative $350 :P

IMO the only .cms worth getting will be easily taken back with trademark infringement cases. Too much hype for this, imo.

•••
Yeah, I tend to agree. It is hard to feel bad for buyers of a squatter designed extension.

Brad

At that price, the only people interested are squatters. So I don't feel sorry for their troubles.

•••
•••
•••
Simple question to .cm owners: What kinda traffic have you been getting? It'd be nice to know of the $100+ reg fee is worth it.

OR do you regret ever regging it at all?

Ive not seen anyone post any stats on NP about .cm domains :O

•••
Ive not seen anyone post any stats on NP about .cm domains :O

I own one premium geo .CM domain. Traffic is minimal (a few uniques per day), but the .COM is not developed so I wasn't expecting much. I don't regret my purchase at all and have had a few inquiries from potential buyers that would allow me to turn a profit, albeit quite minimal.

•••
Playing with my plants.cm
My main business involves plants in the City and Mayfair, London.
Advertising on some of my .tel sites " Plants, City & Mayfair (Plants.CM)"
Can't hurt.

•••
petardas.cm - gets between 80 -140 visitors a day

•••
Anyone insterested in .cm domains?

as a registrar, I found that many people liked to register .cm domains even it was every expensive. Can some one tell me the value of .cm domains except parking? Thank you.

•••
Any Real Value in .Cm?

Are there any real value in .Cm domain names?
What if you have a one word.cm domain name or a popular name is there any value to them?

I can see quite a few aren't registered yet is there a reason for it or just because it's new?

Thanks in advance

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back