Dynadot

Clarification about regular email from GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
I just want to calrify about the below email which all of us receive it when we dont renew some of our domains that registered at godaddy , I believe many customers understand it wrongly when they read this email .

This email sent from godaddy doesnt mean that domains already removed from our account at afternic !!
Its only means that domains no more active on afternic premium network , And the status of the domain on afternic as below other image will be changed from ( Listed ) to ( In Review ) , Thats it . ( BUT NOT REMOVED ) .

Every user should log in to his/her account and delete domains manually by him/her self .

I am sure this is one of the reasons why thousands of domains when get dropped are not removed from afternic by the previous owners , And the new owners will go for the struggling process of sending emails to afternic asking to remove outdated domains .

I suggest for godaddy to notify afternic to remove the domains after one week of expiry instead of just freez it by changing status , and not to confuse customers with this email .

@Joe Styler @James Iles

1671592920691.png

1671594135937.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks @lovely4ever, the email you got refers to the Afternic Premium Network, which is described here: https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network - rather than removal of domain names from Afternic itself :)

At this point, how long does the expired domain remain in the "in Review" status, before it finally gets automatically deleted from Afternic?
If it has the "in review" status, is it still listed in the regular Afternic Marketplace and can be sold during that period? Couldn't that get tricky, if there are additional renewal or redemption fees that might even make the sale much more expensive to the seller than expected?
It would make sense to have GoDaddy direct the removal also from even the regular Afternic marketplace after the domain expires, within that week?

•••
Its only means that domains no more active on afternic premium network

And thats exactly what the email says they are no longer ACTIVE on the PREMIUM network not that they have been removed from an account.

•••
@James Iles

Part of the confusion comes from the Subject of the email, not the body.

Subject: Your domains were removed from Afternic.

To avoid confusion, the subject could also include "Afternic Premium Network".

Last edited:
•••
@James Iles

Part of the confusion comes from the Subject of the email, not the body.

Subject: Your domains were removed from Afternic.

To avoid confusion, the subject could also include "Afternic Premium Network".
That's a good suggestion. I'll send that along to the Afternic team. I can see why it could cause confusion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back